Tokyo Game Show '19 ~Shenmue3~ Speculation Thread

I´d feel
And maybe that will happen at some point! I would like that yes!
I would feel weird to have flashbacks (rescue Shenhua in the river, the last scene in the cave ...) Showing Shenhua in her new suit and that she is the only one who changes it at the beginning of the game.

Last edited:
Personally I think we’ll see Shenhua’s classic clothes in the opening cutscene of the game. Yu Suzuki says the game begins a few days after the cave, but it really depends on what he means by that.

You can say that Shenmue 1 begins a few days after the death of Ryo’s father.

So here is how I predict the game will open.

Shenmue 3 - Shenmue 2 Ending Remake intro
Shenmue 3 Time Jump to few days later in Bailu village
Game begins

Similar to

Shenmue 1 - Iwao dies
Shenmue 1 time skip after funeral
Game begins

What's with those of you who are convinced there's going to be another delay? They've already released marketing materials and displays with the release date to retail stores. The game's coming out when it's supposed to.

What's with those of you who are convinced there's going to be another delay? They've already released marketing materials and displays with the release date to retail stores. The game's coming out when it's supposed to.

I doubt the full release will be delayed. I just think the backer trial will be delayed by a week or two.

We're getting down to the wire, so I don't expect him to show off some unannounced thing. However I can see him showing us previous features that he barely covered. Things like the fishing as well as the new pawn shop setup, a full runthrough how they flow.

Also while the Fork Lift racing has been upgraded to a side quest, so he won't show how all that is initiated, I bet he'll show off the racing its self. Not like It's needed, but this would definitely be a good tactic in building hype.

This won't happen in a million years but I'd love it if they shadow dropped the demo and a new trailer tomorrow!

I'd love that, but I think it has been confirmed refunds requests/surveys will go live before the demo. Or maybe I'm getting mixed up and they just said the trial being issued won't interfere with people's ability to claim a refund.

I don’t know if this information has been posted but on September 13th (the time listed is Japanese time). The livestream will take place on 4gamer.net.

• 15:00 – Ys Net: Shenmue III (PS4) – Featuring guest Yu Suzuki (director and scenario), and MCs Danshoku Dino and Koosuke.

Also it’s been stated that the game won’t be playable at the Tokyo Game Show so another potential controversy will be avoided.

Some people simply just want the game to be put back into the oven until it has modern production values. While others are afraid that the game will be overshadowed by other titles like Death Stranding and Pokémon. Others have a “gut feeling” with no reasoning to base it on whatsoever. If the game keeps getting delayed however it’s not going to only erode further goodwill among the remaining fans, but it’s going to have to sell even more copies to recouperate the costs Deep Silver have sunk into this game. More quarters that pass by without a Shenmue release is more angry shareholders.

Last edited:
I don’t know if this information has been posted but on September 13th (the time listed is Japanese time). The livestream will take place on 4gamer.net.

Also it’s been stated that the game won’t be playable at the Tokyo Game Show so another potential controversy will be avoided.

Some people simply just want the game to be put back into the oven until it has modern production values. While others are afraid that the game will be overshadowed by other titles like Death Stranding and Pokémon. Others have a “gut feeling” with no reasoning to base it on whatsoever. If the game keeps getting delayed it’s not going to only erode further goodwill among the remaining fans, but it’s going to have to sell even more copies to recouperate the costs Deep Silver have sunk into this game. More quarters that pass by without a Shenmue release is more angry shareholders.
It's definitely not happening. If Shenmue 3 blows sales expectations out of the water, then they'll give Shenmue 4 a much healthier budget.

Back