Top 5 Shenmue Collectibles

BruceWayne911

Arm Break Fire (➡️⬅️⬅️ 👐)
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Initially I thought I only was missing a few Shenmue collectibles. The past 2 years has showed me that there are way more Shenmue items out on the market. This got me thinking what are the top 5 Shenmue collectibles? What does your top 5 look like?

1. Any one of a kind Shenmue item(not mass produced)

2. Shenmue Watch ⌚

3. Shenmue Ballpoint Pen 🖊

4. The four giant Shenmue posters(Ryo, Ren, Shenhua and Niao Sun)

5. Shenmue 1&2 Pix'n Love Edition

Honorable Mentions

Ryo Forklift figure
Shenmue 1&2 white labels
Shenmue phone card set
Shenmue mini disc w/ notepad
Shenmue Lawson card set
Ryo & Lan Di Exclusive F4F statues

1. F4F statues: I have the exclusive versions with Ryo and Lan Di standing on the mirrors and they look magnificent. I only wish F4F would continue the lineup with Shenhua, Ren and Niao Sun.
2. LRG Shenmue 3 Collector Editions: I have their original Shenmue 3 Collector's Edition with the replica Dreamcast case which is stunning, and I'm excited to get the Complete Edition in June/July.
3. Shenmue World: Something I would have loved to have as a kid. A coming together of the fandom to celebrate their love for this series which even got the attention of Yu and Cedric - this is why the Shenmue fandom is awesome (Sharens aside).
4. Toy capsules: When I pledged to the Kickstarter, I thought we'd be getting some exclusive in-game toy capsules. Imagine my surprise when I learned it was a physical gacha toy machine replica. Such a cool merch idea!
5. Kickstarter Backer Art Book: I wanted a nice big Shenmue art book for the longest time and this one looks lovely sitting on my shelf.

What I’d love to see going forward...

1. LRG Shenmue Saga: When Shenmue 4/5 finishes the story, I'd love for LRG to put out a massive Shenmue anthology set, as they did for Monkey Island.
2. 'Shenmue Historia': A big, fat book that chronicles Shenmue’s development from The Old Man and the Peach Tree to the present filled with never-before-seen concept art, stories from the developers and descriptions of all the cut content. I love me some 'What ifs?' in videos games/movies.

1. F4F statues: I have the exclusive versions with Ryo and Lan Di standing on the mirrors and they look magnificent. I only wish F4F would continue the lineup with Shenhua, Ren and Niao Sun.
2. LRG Shenmue 3 Collector Editions: I have their original Shenmue 3 Collector's Edition with the replica Dreamcast case which is stunning, and I'm excited to get the Complete Edition in June/July.
3. Shenmue World: Something I would have loved to have as a kid. A coming together of the fandom to celebrate their love for this series which even got the attention of Yu and Cedric - this is why the Shenmue fandom is awesome (Sharens aside).
4. Toy capsules: When I pledged to the Kickstarter, I thought we'd be getting some exclusive in-game toy capsules. Imagine my surprise when I learned it was a physical gacha toy machine replica. Such a cool merch idea!
5. Kickstarter Backer Art Book: I wanted a nice big Shenmue art book for the longest time and this one looks lovely sitting on my shelf.

What I’d love to see going forward...

1. LRG Shenmue Saga: When Shenmue 4/5 finishes the story, I'd love for LRG to put out a massive Shenmue anthology set, as they did for Monkey Island.
2. 'Shenmue Historia': A big, fat book that chronicles Shenmue’s development from The Old Man and the Peach Tree to the present filled with never-before-seen concept art, stories from the developers and descriptions of all the cut content. I love me some 'What ifs?' in videos games/movies.

I'm all for the Shenmue Historia as well.📖

1. Shenmue Busts - The busts of characters like Ryo, Shenhua, Longsun Zhao, etc make the top of my list. Not only is there only one of its kind, but knowing that they were used for the character designs of the first two games is something that any collector could take pride in. I envy the Kickstarter backer/s who own them.
  2. Matsukaze Jacket - The original Ryo Hazuki jacket worn by actor/seiyuu Masaya Matsukaze. Once again, knowing that this was worn by the main actor in the development of the first two Shenmue games, is something that any Shenmue collector would love to have.
  3. Ryo's Kickstarter Timex Watch - I don't know if this watch was used during Shenmue's development or not, but I don't of any serious Shenmue collector who wouldn't want to own this rare item.
  4. Any picture signed by Yu Suzuki - I don't know about anyone else, but I would cherish anything signed by the legendary developer himself.
  5. Shenmue Sega Saturn Demo - To see the primordial game that Shenmue started as is something I think any hardcore Shenmue fan would want to collect.
There other things like art books, capsule toys, and figurines, but in terms of rarity, these are the items that stand out most to me. This is why I can not understand why people were complaining about the Shenmue III Pre-orders when the Kickstarter was offering items that any collector would love to own.

On a side note, I hope to one day own a replica of the mirrors and the Hazuki katana equipped with the Hazuki handguard.

Back