Tragic history of Shenmue (Super Eyepatch Wolf video)

He tells the story of Shenmue well for those who aren't familiar with it. It's probably one of the best histories of the franchise I've seen on YouTube.

Shame he didn't enjoy going back to play the first game as much but I get it. I think, for a lot of people, you have to be in the right frame of mind going in: relaxed, no time constraints or competing priorities, no rushing to the end, and that can be difficult sometimes.

I could do without the breathy, overly dramatic narration :p I mean c'mon, it's not a real world tragedy. But hey, the content's good and that's what really matters.

I stopped watching after the tired comments about the English dub. I get it, it's not winning any Oscars, but the hyperbole that it is worse than the Holocaust is just old and childish.

I stopped watching after the tired comments about the English dub. I get it, it's not winning any Oscars, but the hyperbole that it is worse than the Holocaust is just old and childish.

Wow did he really say that? I dig me some gallows humor but that's quite a reach.

I could do without the breathy, overly dramatic narration :p I mean c'mon, it's not a real world tragedy. But hey, the content's good and that's what really matters.

After a few minutes I had to put playback speed at 1.5x, was getting on my nerves :p

there is a lot of these types of negative videos on youtube.. ie "the rise and fall of.." or "the tragic story of..." not just about games but about actors, movies etc. all pretty boring if you ask me.

He complained about the English dub so much. Play the game in Japanese? It's available in the HD version.

There was no mention of the holocaust. To be honest, I didn't mind his voice; makes a change from SHOUTY YOU TUBE MAN!! LIKE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE YA SLAAAAAAAAAGSSSSSSS etc.

Why doES, he talk....like...this.

(the capitalized portion reflects his rising inflection)

Wow did he really say that? I dig me some gallows humor but that's quite a reach.
I was being hyperbolic. But the same comments about the dub over and over...like someone said above, okay it in Japanese. We get it already. It's tired and overdone.

I was being hyperbolic. But the same comments about the dub over and over...like someone said above, okay it in Japanese. We get it already. It's tired and overdone.

Right! It's like complaining that the camera controls are inverted but you're too lazy to hop over to the options menu and change them.

This video went and became one of the most watched recent Shenmue videos. For good reason, too. It is by far one of the best. I can identify with his extreme love for Shenmue II as well as for the bad parts of Shenmue I. It is also one of the bigger Shenmue III shoutouts we got.

Felt like saying that as this thread mostly discusses something he didn't say (that the dub was worse than the holocaust)

Back