Trailer coming soon? Crunchyroll at NYCC

The Hero Spot

Banned
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
The Last of Us Part II
Crunchyroll has confirmed they will be at NYCC and show off sneak peaks of upcoming series‘ starting tomorrow (Oct 11th)

E6A86767-38C4-4BD7-936A-6C8E26A8614E.jpeg
I’m hoping this means a trailer is coming very soon within the next few days, maybe even tomorrow

I'll be over the moon if we get some kind of teaser or trailer. I'm kinda worried the series is still far off (I don't know why they announced it so early if that's the case), so it would be a pleasant surprise.

With everything going on in the world at the moment and with no Shenmue 4 on the horizon just yet, it'll be nice to have something positive to look forward to.

So it starts in about 3 hours?
Yeah, but they did say they’re showing off originals coming out in 2020 though so I’m not 100% sure Shenmue will be shown there but fingers crossed

Yeah, the more I think about it the more unlikely I think it is that Shenmue will be shown. I hope I'm wrong though.

It would be awesome to get a trailer or anything like images or voice actor castings. I don't see any of that happening unfortunately. I think they just wanted to get the announcement out there and I wouldn't expect any movement on the anime til next year at the earliest.

Last edited:
They should of waited until they had maybe just a small teaser trailer (less than 20 seconds) before announcing

Was very disappointed, I hope we don’t have to wait long for a trailer because they did say the series was in development since last year

What're normal anime production schedules? 13 episode series, announced summer 2020, began development probably around autumn or winter 2019 (around when Shenmue 3 released?). So, how much longer do you think until it is "gone gold" so to speak.

Im not expecting to see the anime until 2022 earliest. That date is me mentally pushing it far away so i dont feel disappointed next year.

I do think we will see the anime and a Shenmue 4 announcement quite near to each other though

What i want to know is, is Suzuki working on the new Virtua Fighter? If no, then he should be all in on Shenmue 4 and the anime. If he is working on VF, then Shenmue 4 is a long way off. Either scenario is fine. Im just glad the guy is making games again

Im not expecting to see the anime until 2022 earliest. That date is me mentally pushing it far away so i dont feel disappointed next year.

I do think we will see the anime and a Shenmue 4 announcement quite near to each other though

What i want to know is, is Suzuki working on the new Virtua Fighter? If no, then he should be all in on Shenmue 4 and the anime. If he is working on VF, then Shenmue 4 is a long way off. Either scenario is fine. Im just glad the guy is making games again

If he is working on Virtua Fighter 6, that to me is a good sign for Shenmue IV's combat system. It wouldn't shock me if they made the new VF in Unreal Engine much similar to how Namco develops the Tekken games in UE. Makes it that much easier to port that fighting engine to Shenmue IV if true.

Back