Traveling

Mojito

Account Removed at Users Request
Are there any members here who likes traveling the world? Backpacking or generally exploring

Do you have any plans for 2019?

Thread for travelers is allways funny:)

I can start.

I try and travel 3 months a year atleast.

This february i drove through vietnam on a motorbike i bought for 250$.

Drove inlands in Vietnam to stay of the beaten path as much as possible! This is the funniest things ive done in south east asia!

For the summer im planning to drive my Yamaha R6 through Europe and in the early autumn i want to go to south america again:)

For 2020 then the plan is to do a Shenmue tour of some kind! Visit hong kong, kowloon,Guilin and the places from shenmue 3 if their worth visiting:)

When i travel then i allways talk about shenmue if gaming is the topic in the hostels, but in 13 years ive only met one guy who's actually played it :D

I moved and traveled around a lot in Japan and other parts of Asia when I was single. Because of my job at the time of promoting educational software, I was often between most nations throughout Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, China (I’ve mostly been to Beijing), and sometimes Mongolia. I have visited martial arts schools as well since I’ve been doing them since I was in second grade.

Now that I am married and having a kid in the next two months, my next vacation is probably visiting my family in Arizona for Christmas so they can meet my new daughter then.

In the future, I’d like to see more of South East Asia. If I was 15 years younger, I would love to do May Thai in Thailand or something like that lol. I remember when I was 12 when I was doing Tae Kwon Do, my family and I went to Europe and when we were in France, we saw a Savate school (a French form of kickboxing) and they let me watch them practice and taught me a few moves.

Mongolia, huh? What's it like? I've wanted to go there for a long time, especially if it has historical stuff, Subotai, Genghis, etc.

I've travelled as follows (I was born in 1989):

*note: I've been to the United States many times, sometimes once a year, sometimes, 4 times, sometimes none. Will not include them here.

1996: Cuba
2005: Mexico
2007: Southern England and Wales
2008: Northern England and Scotland
2011: Italy
2014: Barbados, England (for a day lol), Italy
2016: Japan (spent 3 days in Okinawa)
2018: Costa Rica (day trip to Nicaragua), Italy (day trips to San Marino and Monaco)
2019: Hoping to go to Mexico in September (need to book it)

First two were with one of my grandmothers (different one on each trip), next two were with my high school, Rugby Tour. Italy with my mother (and then on my own), Barbados with my wife and family, England and Italy with my Uncle. Japan with my wife, Costa Rica with my wife and Italy was our Honeymoon.

Hoping to go to Mexico this year, just so I can take in the wonderful food (which I didn't do last time, shame on me), go fishing and spend some solid time with my wife (we work too much!). On the docket next are...

2020: Jamaica/Dominican Republic (lady's choice), Driving out east to finish seeing Canada, coast to coast.
2021: Florida (I mention this USA one, as it won't be a one day or couple hour stopover, nor will it be for 2 days to see a football game)

We plan to (if all works in our favour) have kids, beginning in 2021, thus travel will need to be placed on hold for a bit... unless we win the lottery lol.

Places my wife and I are hoping to head to in the next decade, are:

• France (lady's choice)
  • Australia (our choice)
  • Korea (my choice)
  • Northwestern Japan (our choice, as we only did Southeastern and Okinawa the first time)
  • Cape Verde (my choice, mainly for fishing lol)

Back