Trophy Hunters/Achievements

~ ひかり ~

このまま・・・時間が止まるといい
Site Staff
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (PS4)
One of the things i love about the PS3/XBOX 360 generation is that they add Trophies and Achievements, on Steam we have achievements as well, on Nintendo consoles we don't have that. Some people don't care about trophies and achievements but other people love this.

I love Trophies and Achievements, i love to collect them and make 100% in the games, in my opinion is fun to do this and challenge myself to see if i can get the trophies, it is a replay value to me.

My first PSN account that i made i think in 2006 i don't have anymore.

My main account is the brazilian account, I have an american account and a japanese account as well, i play sometimes in these accounts, now i play more on my brazilian account.

Last edited:
I have a love/hate relationship with trophies. For the most part, it gives me the incentive to approch as much of the game as possible, but i'm sort of a one-and-done kinda guy (before returning in a few years). It is annoying that some trophies are massive time sinks (looking at you 1000 fishes from Shenmue III !!) and sometimes I do spend more time than I want to in order to get one, but I kinda like them.

I just googled my trophy list thinking i'd go on the PSN website, but somehow this website has it all for me...kinda creepy now I think about it!

1628533650431.png

I have a love/hate relationship with trophies. For the most part, it gives me the incentive to approch as much of the game as possible, but i'm sort of a one-and-done kinda guy (before returning in a few years). It is annoying that some trophies are massive time sinks (looking at you 1000 fishes from Shenmue III !!) and sometimes I do spend more time than I want to in order to get one, but I kinda like them.

I just googled my trophy list thinking i'd go on the PSN website, but somehow this website has it all for me...kinda creepy now I think about it!

View attachment 12506

Some trophies are really hard but i love to challenge myself to see if i can get the trophies and make 100% of the games. What website? i don't know this website.

One thing i don't like about this is when games have online trophies, i don't like online trophies because when the online mode for a game ends people will never have the chance again to complete the trophy list for the game.

I have 112 Platinums. I went through that period of being a real "trophy whore" but after that long insufferable grind to get the Tony Hawk 1+2 platinum, my lust for the things kind of died and I haven't really been assed to do another platinum since. With exception of the new Ratchet and Clank which was a brain dead easy platinum.

There's my trophy card. A few doubles in mine (or stacked platinums)...I still haven't platinumed Shenmue III...I want to but the grind for collecting all plants was a bit much for me. I kept picking but saw no trophy pop so....I kind of gave up with it. A shame though, would be nice to have next to the Shenmue 1 and 2 platinums.

I edited this post because now my PSN profiles are on my first post of this thread.

Last edited:
One of the things i love about the PS3/XBOX 360 generation is that they add Trophies and Achievements, on Steam we have achievements aswell, on Nintendo consoles we don't have that. Some people don't care about trophies and achievements but other people love this.

I love Trophies and Achievements, i love to collect them and make 100% in the games, in my opinion is fun to do this and challenge myself to see if i can get the trophies, it is a replay value to me.

My first PSN account that i made i think in 2006 i don't have anymore. Now i have 3 accounts, i did in 2017, i have a US account, brazilian account and japanese account.

Today i will show my trophies profile on my US account

View attachment 12504

I'm trying to make 100% of the trophies in Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 for PS4 and J-STARS VICTORY VS for PS3.

Here in this thread we can talk everything about trophies/achievements, thank you.
Yep I'm a huge fan of achievements too, its to the point where I will only play a game if it has achievements, unless I specifically like the game, then I will not feel obliged to do so. I make great efforts to read an achievement guide as I play to ensure that I get an 100% completion on a game.

Yep I'm a huge fan of achievements too, its to the point where I will only play a game if it has achievements, unless I specifically like the game, then I will not feel obliged to do so. I make great efforts to read an achievement guide as I play to ensure that I get an 100% completion on a game.

I saw that you are new here, welcome to the forums 😊

I don't mind when i find a game without trophies/achievements, i will play the game but i'm a huge fan of trophies/achievements too, i love doing 100% in the games, feel free to share your trophies and achievements here if you want, thanks for the comment.

They aren't necessary for me (hell, when you own over 450 games and only 21 have trophies, that kinda goes without saying :LOL:) , but I accept any game with a trophy and I now do my best to platinum them.

Here's mine:

I'm in the same camp as @bcdcdude on them. I have an almost OCD-like need to get as many as close to 100% as possible.

I love the inventive type of achievements, and those that encourage you to get the absolute most out of games, but those grindy ones? Hate em. The amount of planning you have to do just doesn't make it fun.

Then there are those ludicrously difficult achievements like in the Trials games. They're frustrating as fuck, but the sense of accomplishment and relief when you finally do it after hundreds of times of trying... It's really good, but I look back on it and think "I could've done so much more with that wasted time".

I like that achievements have been integrated into MS Rewards though, as it gives extra incentive. More achievements means more points, more points means gift cards, gift cards means money off more games. It's a nice little loop.

Yesterday i did the platinum of Paladins for my american account, it was hard because now is almost impossible to do The Last One Standing trophy alone, i had to go to PSN Profiles site and search for other players that need this trophy as well to do this with me, i don't like this type of trophy where we depend on other players but the session was fun, i got the trophy and the others got the trophy as well.

Now my plan is to play more on my Brazilian account but i will play in the other accounts as well. I'm trying to get the platinum for the first Shenmue on my brazilian account, i'm taking my time with the game and now i love even more this game.

i don't like online trophies/achievements that we can only do if the online game server of the game is still up, offline trophies/achievements are better.

Last edited:
Back