True Colors

Favourite title
Shenmue

Who is planning on checking out Life Is Strange: True Colors? I was moderately interested when I saw the trailer, mainly because I wasn't super impressed with the older titles, but upon further inspection and seeing some new content this has become a top interest game for me in 2021. How many of you are already fans of Life Is Strange 1 and 2, Tell Me Why or Twin Mirror and that's why you'll be checking out True Colors? How many of you are just interested in True Colors only? From having played a little bit of LiS 1 and 2 I thought they were unique and interesting, but there was just something that didn't grab me about them to keep playing. I know part of it was I didn't find a whole lot of impact with the supernatural powers to rewind time and the telekinesis as I prefer something more grounded in reality with story telling, and even with some fantasy elements I thought the older titles didn't quite present(or capture perhaps?)a figurative way to express emotions through the supernatural power. True Colors has deep appeal to me simply because it's something based on real life science, physics and energy and of course it appears there will be a fantasy element to amplify what the energy of empathy is really like, but it looks promising and like it will deliver a very real 'hits near home' experience, which I didn't feel from the older titles, even though the second one seemed to have a compelling story about current issues in contemporary America. Tell Me Why and Twin Mirror also look interesting, but also feel like they lack some form of 'it' factor that True Colors has.

Very interested! The original LiS is my favourite game of the PS4 Era - It was compelling from start to finish, I couldn't put it down! I have yet to play LiS2 as the goofed the Physical Edition with the last episode being a code in a box - Now I have a PS5 I can't play the Captain Fantastic prequel Demo which has save data to integrate with LiS2. So, I am waiting until I can visit a friend again to do that then finally play LiS2! Good thing this time all the Episodes are on disc at release.

I love interactive narratives in games and feel it's a way Video Games can really offer a unique experience. Having your actions change the route of the story and hold consequences is always exciting and offers plenty of replay value. It's also something no other medium can do so seamlessly, so whenever I see a project showing a good diverse set of routes and decisions I'm always intrigued.

I found Before the Storm less engrossing, so I am hoping with a new setting and cast they can have me on the edge of my seat much like my experience of the 1st game.

Very interested! The original LiS is my favourite game of the PS4 Era - It was compelling from start to finish, I couldn't put it down! I have yet to play LiS2 as the goofed the Physical Edition with the last episode being a code in a box - Now I have a PS5 I can't play the Captain Fantastic prequel Demo which has save data to integrate with LiS2. So, I am waiting until I can visit a friend again to do that then finally play LiS2! Good thing this time all the Episodes are on disc at release.

I love interactive narratives in games and feel it's a way Video Games can really offer a unique experience. Having your actions change the route of the story and hold consequences is always exciting and offers plenty of replay value. It's also something no other medium can do so seamlessly, so whenever I see a project showing a good diverse set of routes and decisions I'm always intrigued.

I found Before the Storm less engrossing, so I am hoping with a new setting and cast they can have me on the edge of my seat much like my experience of the 1st game.
I enjoy your passion for the franchise, thanks for sharing! Have you tried Twin Mirror or Tell Me Why? They look very similar in the decision making aspects. There's also other games like Beyond Two Souls, Detroit Become Human and Heavy Rain that have similar aspects of choice making to them, if that's something you enjoy.

I've yet to play Twin Mirrors or Tell Me Why. I'm interested in both but don't have a decent PC or Xbox so I can't play Tell Me Why. Twin Mirror's never got a physical release and I don't really pay much for digital games so I'm waiting for it to dip £10.

I love Quantic Dream games though! Everyone of them has been a delight. I actually played a game last year called State of Mind which I enjoyed more than Detroit - it has Tekken 2 like poloygon character models but once I passed that i found the interactive narrative very compelling!

I've yet to play Twin Mirrors or Tell Me Why. I'm interested in both but don't have a decent PC or Xbox so I can't play Tell Me Why. Twin Mirror's never got a physical release and I don't really pay much for digital games so I'm waiting for it to dip £10.

I love Quantic Dream games though! Everyone of them has been a delight. I actually played a game last year called State of Mind which I enjoyed more than Detroit - it has Tekken 2 like poloygon character models but once I passed that i found the interactive narrative very compelling!
You may enjoy the Dreamfall series if you enjoy these types of games.

The Vn industry is catered specifically to this genre of games. Tho it relys more on the "anime" cartoon artsyle, but don't sleep on it because of that. Some of the story it has to tell are just as compelling or in some cases, better than it's western counterparts tho it may not have the production values to match.

Here's a compelling bite-size(2-10 hrs completion) work to sample if you want an example.

I played the first LiS. I really liked it. I bought Before the Storm but never played it, it was more for my gf, she've just started it a few days ago after a couple of years lol.

I wasnt interested it LiS 2 characters so never paid attention to it.

About Tell me why, I've read the headline "queer representation" and immediately dismissed it. If I did wrong and I'm missing a great game please tell me (why).

Twin mirrors seemed interesting but I 100% forget about its existence lol.

And True colors seems meh imo. Maybe if its on gamepass I'd give it a try.

I have already pre ordered it and looking forward to it. I am big fan of the First Life is Strange. It was one of my favourite games of that Area. Life is Strange 2 did not resonate with me that much so I have never played it.

The Setting of the newest Life is Strange is interesting again to me.

I absolutely adore the first Life Is Strange. As the years have gone by I realize more and more how much I truly love it. it's a magnificent game and one of my all-time favorites ever.

Twin Mirror had me interested then fell off a cliff and Tell Me Why never grabbed me which was disappointing because l liked what TMW was showing off in the trailers before release. Haven't played Vampyr and not interested in it either.

I'm very interested in what Dontnod are up to next. Since they made the fantastic season one I'll always check out what they have to offer.

I didn't care for 2 I liked the journal drawings and entries, I like the idea of the road trip and not having the power but not the execution of them. The vo for Sean was great. I liked how it got political. Didn't care for none of the side characters. Cassidy was somewhat tolerable in spots but she felt like a discount Chloe. Lyla was criminally underused. She should've been used more I thought she was great.

I didn't enjoy Before The Storm. The plot inconsistencies concerning season one and one's characters was something I never got over. I thought everything in it storyline wise was way too rushed especially the Chloe and Rachel relationship. Reading the letters was nice. The replacement vo for Chloe did a wonderful job. Though BTS had a much more better soundtrack then 2. That BTS soundtrack was terrific. Also the farewell episode was a nice tip of the hat even though Max leaving at the funeral site was messed up also didn't make any sense. If you take BTS as a alternate universe game then it's cool unfortunately it isn't.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this True Colors entry it hasn't really grabbed me aside from the mountain location but I think Alex seems pretty cool even though for some reason I can't shake the feeling of her being a background character at the concert at the sawmill in BTS. I'm hopeful for this game since now that Deck Nine can get away from BTS and make their own entry into the franchise then they should do a commendable job I'm hoping they knock this one out of the park.

There's rumors of a sequel to One coming after TC and Max and Chloe are decades older..... which is something....

Last edited:
Sorry for double post but I just wanted to say watch out on forums for spoilers according to the LIS Reddit: plot leaks, trophy lists and the source code are all out in the wild. I found this out the hard way. It unfortunately was spoiled to me by a user in the resetera haven springs trailer topic. They didn't spoiler tag it at the time but it has now since been tagged and they said that chloe/ashly burch has a cameo in it. Damn I would have loved to have seen that playing the game.

Last edited:
Thanks for the warning. Luckily i stopped visiting gaming forums and other social media a long time ago. The only forum I regularly visit is the Dojo here.

Buying once all the episodes drop but that's gonna be a while.

Love the series. 2 is my favorite so far and I like how they bring other characters back from other games without making ther story about them. Some of the characters are cool, some annoying but that's people every day. Be sure to play the LiS 2 DLC episode before starting the main story

Tell me why, I uninstalled after 45 minutes. Boring. Heard it was boring from other people too

Buying once all the episodes drop but that's gonna be a while.

Love the series. 2 is my favorite so far and I like how they bring other characters back from other games without making ther story about them. Some of the characters are cool, some annoying but that's people every day. Be sure to play the LiS 2 DLC episode before starting the main story

Tell me why, I uninstalled after 45 minutes. Boring. Heard it was boring from other people too
True Colors is a standalone full experience it doesn't have episodes. It has chapter breaks you can turn on/off in the menu if you want to have the illusion of episodes.

The Steph Wavelengths DLC according to leaks will feature
a cameo from Chloe (Ashley Burch). I personally assume it'll just be a flashback. Even though Deck Nine has the reigns of the franchise going forward I don't see them canonizing one ending over the other.

I also enjoy how previous characters from games just randomly pop up in other games it makes the world feel even more lived in and alive then it already does. When David appeared in LIS 2 it shocked me I wasn't expecting it. Even more so with the picture of Chloe or Chloe and Max. It was such a nice surprise by Dontnod.

Steph Wavelengths DLC trailer

Wavelengths comes out Sept 30th. It'll take place over 4 seasons and Mikey from BTS makes a appearance in the trailer. Reddit has spotted a easter egg of a poster featuring people I've never heard of: characters from the players of Critical Role, they stream Dungeons and Dragons on twitch apparently. What are your thoughts on this dlc trailer and TC in general?

Steph Wavelengths DLC trailer

Wavelengths comes out Sept 30th. It'll take place over 4 seasons and Mikey from BTS makes a appearance in the trailer. Reddit has spotted a easter egg of a poster featuring people I've never heard of: characters from the players of Critical Role, they stream Dungeons and Dragons on twitch apparently. What are your thoughts on this dlc trailer and TC in general?
I have no interest in the Wavelengths DLC personally. I can see the appeal of it for sure as I can see with LiS 1, LiS 2, Tell Me Why and Twin Mirror but none of them interest me on a deep deep level personally. While the majority of the LiS games seem to have substance none of them feel like they are 'must have' journeys from what I've played. Later in LiS 2 looks like it covers some important social issues, but it's fairly intense and depressing with what appears to have no real payoff. Wavelengths looks like it could be entertaining but not really having much to offer the same way that True Colors appears to be covering a really important variety of topics that blend together in life: empathy, being empathic in general, sensitivity, intuition and other things that are looked at as fictional or not real in society. It looks like a creative and artistic way to express these types of gifts and sensitivities, and I hope they do it justice to what it's like in real life, of course they will have some fantasy elements mixed in as well as LiS always seems to.

Really starting to get interested in this game. This new gameplay video gave me some serious vibes of the original Shenmue; I even believe it definitely inspired it. Also thing they have purposely put in some references to Shenmue in the game; like the cat in the record store and the tiger badge in the protagonist's jacket.
Stranger Things - Cat.jpg
Stranger Things - Tiger.jpg

This game has definitely been on my radar for awhile now. I love the first Life Is Strange and this one seems like everything I could possibly ever want from a sequel to the first one: new small town, reoccurring location and characters giving them both time to develop over the course of the game, new mystery, new powers. But I don't know there's something about it that just hasn't grabbed me yet like the first LIS.

True Colors seems sormewhat safe to me in a weird way with everything they've been showing I can't quite put my finger on it or why I feel that way. Though I'm sure when I get around to playing it next month I'll be sucked into it's world.

Back