Dude with tweed :)
- Aug 20, 2018
- United Kingdom
- Favourite title
- Currently playing
- NieR Replicant ver 1.22474487139... / Mass Effect Legendary Edition
Hmm....usually I try to avoid posting negative things, because it drains me, but I think in this case, it might be a gentle form of catharcism. (This is my 4th edit now as i'm worried I will get shouted out).
- I am not liking the future of digital downloads as the primary means of playing games.
- I refuse to do game pass, because the notion of paying for a game that isn't "mine" makes me uneasy. I liked the Xbox and Xbox 360, but beyond that, I hate Microsoft and their way of doing things.
- I miss game manuals.
- Whilst I am happy that my hobby is now more or less accepted, I hate that the most popular games are ones that I am either not interested in or refuse to touch (FIFA, COD, Bethesda games etc)
- Naughty Dog, Mass Effect and the odd indie developer aside, I don't really enjoy non-Japanese games.
- "Influencers" and YouTube personalities should be shot (or at least ignored until they act civilised)
- Fanboy-ism is worse now than it used to be. I remember it being more playground banter, but now I see it at worst dangerous and harmful to my mental health and at best kinda sad.
- Sonic Mania aside (and bearing in mind i've been a Sonic fan since 26th December 1992...), being a Sonic fan is mostly a miserable existence these days.
- I've tried The Witcher 3 and I don't get it. I will try again down the line, but (again Mass Effect aside) WRPG's aren't for me).
- Sometimes the biggest fan(s) of a franchise are amongst the worst fans. I will say that this is one of the few fanbases where I feel I can have a civilised conversation here, even if we disagree on things!
- I prefer games that allow me to play on easy mode if I find the game is too frustrating or hard.
- The darkest period of gaming was the 360/PS3 era. The peak period of gaming was the mid-80's to 2002.
- I gladly support inclusivity and equality in gaming, but I wish some people aren't so didactic about it. I want to work with you to be better, but if you just shout at me telling me i'm a terrible person, you'll just push me away.
- Bearing in mind i'm in my mid-30's and still live with my parents (although fingers crossed the mortgate advisor meeting I am planning will go well), I always thought growing up with all my gaming merch, having my own place and displaying it all would excite me, but for some reason, now I think that it's not such a good idea. I am naive and childish, but I think that some gamers (of all ages) are so deep into the culture that they come across as rather sad and pathetic. I'm trying to find the right balance of expressing my love for my hobby and not coming across as creepy and/or weird. This might be linked to points 6 & 7.
- Street Fighter is one of the greatest films of all time (up there with the best of Kurosawa, Kubrick, Lynch, Miyazaki etc)