Update #85: Survey Info #2: $7M stretch goal reached!

Jibby

🍇
Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
the waiting game.
Hello Backers!

With the combined Kickstarter and Slacker Backer campaigns, we have reached the $7M stretch goal! Having reached this goal, the Battle System Expanded: AI Battling will be included! Thank you so much for your support!!  

Battle System Expanded: AI Battling   

This control system lets you automatically unleash the perfect technique in response to the opponent's positioning and distance. R&D for this system is based on Yu Suzuki's concept for players who are not used to fighting games or for those who want a full immersion battle experience. This battle system is highly compatible with, and will be an extension to the current battle system.

72ca8373a797ad46bd2a4a87a6529b12_original.jpg

The Slacker Backer and Fangamer upgrade & add-on campaigns are still underway, so don't miss out!        

And please make sure to get your survey in! Thank you!!

Add-on & Upgrade Announcement

The Toy Capsule Box Set is now available through Fangamer! Get the Ryo, Shenhua, Chai and Forklift set as either an add-on or upgrade. Alright! Have some more fun!

09bac5285162339db42863e34bbcd8ca_original.png

Survey FAQ

We have received many inquiries concerning the survey for the following which we would like to address here.

*Please note that policies and implementation may change without notice depending on applicable quantities and content.     

Name Credit Input

There are three fields in which to input your name for name credit rewards. The first is English only and is required. The second and third are optional and accept other languages.

If you choose to enter your name in the second or third field in a language other than English, these optional names will take precedent.

*This will not apply if there would be a systems conflict or if deemed to be against public decency.

Concerning Pictures, Images and Text

Below is the list of prohibited content for survey responses. Should the dev team deem that survey responses contain prohibited content, or if responses are unfit for development or sales of the game, content may be edited or deleted.

*For example, offending text will be replaced with asterisks (***). Offending parts of images will be edited or deleted, or in some cases the content will not be displayed in the game.

· Content that infringes upon copyrights, trademarks or other rights

· Content that engages in slander, discrimination, or violations of human rights

· Content that is contrary to public decency

· Content where religious or political activities are included

· Content containing personal information

Game development will move forward based on your responses to go out to fans all around the world. We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

PC & PS4 Physical Version Disc Data

We would like to address the many inquiries concerning the physical version disc data. Development is moving forward to have all necessary data to play the game contained on the disc. Please rest assured that the disc will not be just a prompt for an internet download.

*An internet connection is a planned requirement for the purposes of game updates and reward activation.

That's the breaking news! The team would again like to thank you all for your wonderful support! See you next update!

---------- General Information ----------

Shenmue 3 Backer Survey

Backer surveys are now underway. For information on your survey, please see the email sent to you by Fangamer. Shenmue 3 can only be completed with your responses! Thank you for your cooperation!!

Please complete or make any necessary changes to your survey by these dates.

・August 13 (MON) 2018: Last day of Slacker Backer campaign, reward upgrades and add-ons

・September 30 (SUN) 2018: Surveys close

Choosing the PS4 or PC platform

We have a few notes to consider when choosing your platform. Also, if there would be any major changes in the requirements for either the PC or PS4 versions, the platform selection question of the survey is scheduled to remain open.

Choosing your PS4 region

Your PS4 region will be decided with your "Country" selection. Please note, if the disc region differs from PS4 system region, the unit itself, PlayStation™Network online services or DLC may not function properly.

System Requirements for PC Version

Minimum:

OS: Windows 7x64, Windows 8x64, Windows 10x64 (64-bit OS Required)

Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti or better (DirectX 11 card & VRAM 2GB Required)

DirectX: Version 11

Network: Broadband internet connection

Storage: 100 GB available space

Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Additional Info: Requires Steam Client to activate.

*Game is currently in development so system requirements may change without notice. We thank you for your understanding.

Fangamer and Third Party Use of Personal Information

YS NET has a written contract with Fangamer to carry out the backer surveys. Fangamer is a formal representative of YS NET to help process and fulfill all backer's orders through the surveys. Personal information is handed over and treated in accordance with the privacy policies of both companies for the purposes of conducting the surveys and reward delivery only. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

YS NET Privacy Policy
Fangamer Privacy Policy

Last edited by a moderator:
That screenshot makes my snake go doki-doki.

I really want to see the new screenshot in motion to see how the new battle system works.

This is a triumph! I'm proud of the community pushing for that 7m stretch goal. I'm really confident that YSnet will be able to make a game their proud of :) - Thanks to everyone who chipped in :)

That image is pure Shenmue. It's all coming together.

i love the blur in this image... it looks just right, not overdoing it like Shenmue II X.
but with Shenmue the animations are crucial. because it's a very interactive fully-animated experience. so i need to see everything in motion before i can judge anything from Ryo simply walking around and interacting with his surroundings to the fights it needs to be carefully animated with the right sense of weight for Ryo's movements.

I would love it if we got to $7.5 million, but it took so long to get this far since the Slacker Backer opened. I don't think we will make it, personally. And I would love to know how much this is really helping since Deep Silver joined as publisher. I would like to think we get all of the stretch goals.

I think it depends on how many people are left who want to upgrade.

It's around 400k left so that would require a significant amount of upgrades to make it. Remember since 2015 an extra 700k has come in which shouldn't be sniffed at.

True, but we only have sixteen days left. I would love for it to skyrocket, but I don't think it is going to happen.

I'm estimating around another 100k tops.

If we somehow hit 7.5 million it would be amazing but as you said it's not long left now. Most people will have upgraded already, though the new 450 tier may take in some more funds.

Deep Silvers investment must be significant.

I hope so! Also wondering if partnering with Deep Silver changes anything they had going with Sony at the beginning of the Kickstarter. I guess we will never know, but I hope we see some major promotion on Sony's online presence when a release date is finally announced.

I know with the trailer Sony pushed it quite hard and it got over a million views in the end.

Originally Sony were going to help with marketing and I think there's a page for it on their website.

Deep Silver I know came in as a publisher and have (I think anyway) invested in the development. Since they have taken over the updates are much more professional I think

I'm estimating around another 100k tops.

If we somehow hit 7.5 million it would be amazing but as you said it's not long left now. Most people will have upgraded already, though the new 450 tier may take in some more funds.

Deep Silvers investment must be significant.

It's not just Deep Silver who is financing Shenmue 3. Shibuya Productions has raised also significant capital. Additionally, the local Japanese publisher (most likely Spike Chunsoft) will also be contributing to the game's funding.

I'd estimate the final numbers for Shenmue 3 development to be somewhere in the range of $12.5 Million - $15 Million.

Back