Update 87: Survey Info #4: Slacker Backer, Reward Upgrade/Add-on Campaigns Extended!

PSN
FlagshipFighter
XBL
FlagshipFighter
Hello Backers,

We are happy to announce that the Slacker Backer on the official Shenmue III site and the Fangamer Upgrade/Add-on campaigns have been extended to August 31st (FRI) from the original August 13th (MON) date!

・August 31 (FRI) 2018: Last day of Slacker Backer campaign, reward upgrades and add-ons

9341cb7c65e8ed89481743586daba643_original.jpg

The next stretch goal is at $7.5M for the Battle System Expanded: High Ground Battle System. Will we get there...? The dev team is excited to find out!

Thank you as always for your support!

---------- General Information ----------

Shenmue III Backer Survey

Backer surveys are now underway. For information on your survey, please see the email sent to you by Fangamer. Shenmue III can only be completed with your responses! Thank you for your cooperation!!

Please complete or make any necessary changes to your survey by these dates.

・August 31 (FRI) 2018: Last day of Slacker Backer campaign, reward upgrades and add-ons

・September 30 (SUN) 2018: Surveys close

For further information, please visit:

Survey Support and Survey Resender

Choosing the PS4 or PC platform

We have a few notes to consider when choosing your platform. Also, if there would be any major changes in the requirements for either the PC or PS4 versions, the platform selection question of the survey is scheduled to remain open.

Choosing your PS4 region

Your PS4 region will be decided with your "Country" selection. Please note, if the disc region differs from PS4 system region, the unit itself, PlayStation™Network online services or DLC may not function properly.

System Requirements for PC Version

Minimum:

OS: Windows 7x64, Windows 8x64, Windows 10x64 (64-bit OS Required)

Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti or better (DirectX 11 card & VRAM 2GB Required)

DirectX: Version 11

Network: Broadband internet connection

Storage: 100 GB available space

Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Additional Info: Requires Steam Client to activate.

*Game is currently in development so system requirements may change without notice. We thank you for your understanding.

Fangamer and Third Party Use of Personal Information

YS NET has a written contract with Fangamer to carry out the backer surveys. Fangamer is a formal representative of YS NET to help process and fulfill all backer's orders through the surveys. Personal information is handed over and treated in accordance with the privacy policies of both companies for the purposes of conducting the surveys and reward delivery only. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

YS NET Privacy Policy

Fangamer Privacy Policy

Official Links

Kickstarter

Shenmue Link

S3 Facebook

S3 Twitter

Backer Survey on Fangamer

Link To Kickstarter Update 87

Two updates in the same day!? I wonder why they did that.

Maybe they want to take advantage of the re release of Shenmue so that people who tried the first two games make a pledge to Shenmue 3.

Nice artwork of Suzuki by the way!

I can't wait to see a new trailer, I pray to see it at gamescom.

Beautiful news...new HD players may push Shenmue III to the moon...let's get SWEATY

Umm... did nobody pick up on the possibility the little Yu Suzuki in the image is probably an in-game capsule toy? :D:D:D

Plus it helps anyone who gets another paycheck at the end of the month.

Speaking of which, I want to buy add ons. But I have an issue where it says I need to "complete survey" first, before selecting add ons, when my survey is 100% filled in. Anyone else had this issue?

Post that one more time on these forums and you will be warned. You might get away with spamming it elsewhere on the internet, but it's not happening here.

This is good news as it would be great to have that 'High ground battle system' but is 10 days really enough time for new fans of the series to contribute to the slacker backer? Most likely the money will come from the current fans but you never know as there's seriously a lot of people in the world..

Last edited:
Seems like win, win, win to me...
New players = new campaigners...
The hype may get real, real quick...

Maybe they extended the slacker backer campaign to August 31st because were getting close to reach the 7.5m stretch goal.

That's a big surprise: Two Updates on one day. Good news i think. It seems that the last Screenshot did his job. ;-)

Being they didn't show any content in this update, perhaps they're thinking: "We'll show you some footage come August 21st."

I've said it so many times. For years now. For your own mental sanity, stop clinging to every major gaming event to hang all your hopes on. If it's not Gamescom, it's TGS. If it's not TGS, it's PSX, if it's not PSX then it's E3.

I expect nothing at Gamescom. You should too, it then saves disappointment. This game is being made. It's looking great from the screenshot they had a little while back. Practice your Wude and let them make the game.

Back