Valve Steam Deck

Hi guys !
I have received my steam deck this WE, and it is quiet impressive :)

Shenmue 3 is "steam verify" and run everything max out at almost 100% 30fps lock
There is small dips here and there, but I think it is because of the loading of asset
Anyway Shenmue 3 is a very great experrience on the Deck :)

I have also tried TW3 and it run very well too, with the setting between Very High and Ultra (but Nvidya Hair off) ir tuns between 50 and 30 fps

Hi guys !
I have received my steam deck this WE, and it is quiet impressive :)

Shenmue 3 is "steam verify" and run everything max out at almost 100% 30fps lock
There is small dips here and there, but I think it is because of the loading of asset
Anyway Shenmue 3 is a very great experrience on the Deck :)

I have also tried TW3 and it run very well too, with the setting between Very High and Ultra (but Nvidya Hair off) ir tuns between 50 and 30 fps
Can you drop enough settings to make it run at 60fps? Or do you think it might be CPU-bound? Also if you would be willing to post a pic of your Deck running S3 I would be ecstatic. I'm Q2, and every day without it is painful. 😭

I wish you guys will reveiv your deck soon :)

i ll try some setting to see if it can hit 60fps, i ll let you know

I have just tried Shenmue II but unfortunately it does not work properly
Their is some bug in the HUD (I could live with that), but I don t know why, you can t change the control in the setting, it is set as if you use a key bord
But all the bontons works (RT to run, A to select ect). The problem is with the QTE instead of asking to press A, it asks RT ect ....
So the QTE are almost impossible ....
I hope they will fix it in a futre update

I have tried to put the setting to medium, in some area it holds 60 fps but i have some dips to 40fps in others

the low seeting should hold 60 fps, but it is very ugly :D (no grass at all ect)

Here are some pics, sorry for the bad quality but my phone is not great for that
The pic with 60 fps, the setting is medium
The other are in very High

Attachments

• IMG_20220322_175125_2.jpg
    IMG_20220322_175125_2.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20220322_175330_5.jpg
    IMG_20220322_175330_5.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20220322_175324_7.jpg
    IMG_20220322_175324_7.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20220322_175007_6.jpg
    IMG_20220322_175007_6.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 14
I have tried to put the setting to medium, in some area it holds 60 fps but i have some dips to 40fps in others

the low seeting should hold 60 fps, but it is very ugly :D (no grass at all ect)

Here are some pics, sorry for the bad quality but my phone is not great for that
The pic with 60 fps, the setting is medium
The other are in very High
any luck since you posted at getting buttons remapped correctly? Also, any idea on if mods work on the Deck?

Well I've had my Deck for a bit under 2 days now and can officially say I am absolutely in LOVE with it! @Reprise, have you gotten yours yet? I'm interested in what other Dojo lads think of this thing beyond me and Tortu. My only complaint is after spending like 7 hours in laying in bed playing the thing yesterday, my hands and wrists are kind of sore now. :crying:

The buttons are map correctly in Shenmue 3

I havn't tried to put mods sorry
I probably shouldn't assume, but I think he may have been askng about S1+2 since you mentioned the QTEs. I didn't try the main game so I didn't get to see any QTEs, but I tried the 70 man battle and noticed at the beginning it was prompting me to press RT. Kind of weird and I don't think pressing RT is even what caused the battled to proceed, but I'll have to recheck that.

I also tried some Crazy Taxi on the thing last night while I was half asleep, and despite being super rusty, I ended up going from C, to B, to S rank in 3 attempts. Try not to be too impressed, guys. :cool:

unfortunately I did not break 10k...

@Reprise, have you gotten yours yet?

Unfortunately I would have had it by now (they emailed me), but I couldn't afford it in the three day window at the point they emailed me, so they ended up cancelling it :(

To be fair, I had the money saved up for it, but then I blew that money on a PS5 and was trying half-heartedly to save up again.

It looks awesome and I'm glad you're enjoying yours. I'll hopefully pick up one eventually.

Unfortunately I would have had it by now (they emailed me), but I couldn't afford it in the three day window at the point they emailed me, so they ended up cancelling it :(

To be fair, I had the money saved up for it, but then I blew that money on a PS5 and was trying half-heartedly to save up again.

It looks awesome and I'm glad you're enjoying yours. I'll hopefully pick up one eventually.
Oh man, that's too bad. At least you got the PS5 to enjoy, though. You can always wait it out for the inevitable Steam Deck 2/Lite or the upcoming Aya Neo Air, as well. I have a feeling it'll be a lot easier to get one of those when they release.

Oh man, that's too bad. At least you got the PS5 to enjoy, though. You can always wait it out for the inevitable Steam Deck 2/Lite or the upcoming Aya Neo Air, as well. I have a feeling it'll be a lot easier to get one of those when they release.

Yeah, I did realise at the point I ordered the PS5 that it meant blowing my Steam Deck budget. Just one of those things really. I could have dipped into savings, but didn't think that was smart right now. Hopefully I'll pick one up next year or wait it out for the successor like you said. Although I also want the Switch 2 that is no doubt coming out next year or 2024.

I've been using "Emudeck" to push emulated Dreamcast games to the "game mode" interface, and the images it has auto-downloaded for some games has been quite interesting.

Untitled.png

The selected game there right of VF3 is Yu Suzuki Game Works...

Hi guys !
Just a quick question, can you launch Shenmue 3 on the steam deck offline?

When I don t have wifi (or i set the steam deck to offline) i can t launch Shenmue 3?
It loads and after few seconds it returns to the steam launcher ...

Anyone has a solution??

thanks

Hi guys !
Just a quick question, can you launch Shenmue 3 on the steam deck offline?

When I don t have wifi (or i set the steam deck to offline) i can t launch Shenmue 3?
It loads and after few seconds it returns to the steam launcher ...

Anyone has a solution??

thanks
I'm having the same issue, too. This is not good. :( I'm redownloading on my windows PC to see if it's only an issue with proton or if it's an issue with the Steam version of S3 in general.

EDIT: Yep, it's an issue on Windows as well. That's really disappointing. 😕 Thank god for the GOG version, I suppose.

Last edited:
I recently got my Steam Deck, and I've been getting everything set up. So far I'm really enjoying it. Over the last couple of days, I've been experimenting with different approaches to playing OutRun 2 and OutRun 2006: Coast to Coast.

Using the Xbox emulator Xemu, I experienced some glitchiness with OutRun 2 - most prominently, the stage ratings in the transitional zones don't appear (geese, flamingoes, hawks, balloons, Panzer Dragoon, etc.) and the subsequent stage geometry does not appear for several seconds. You can see the other cars floating in empty space against the skybox, and grass will fly up if you go off the invisible road. At first, I thought this might be a texture caching issue during my initial playthrough, but the problem has persisted during subsequent playthroughs, so I think it's an issue with the emulator itself.

Using Xemu to play OutRun 2006: Coast to Coast, at first I wasn't expecting much because the menus were really chugging slowly. But the gameplay ended up being mostly problem-free, and there were no problems with the stage ratings or loading the next stage's geometry at all. So far, that's been my best experience of all these approaches.

I also tried installing the PC version of OutRun 2006: Coast to Coast, which involved a crash course through a pretty elaborate sequence of following tutorials about Lutris, Wine, Proton, etc. I kept getting stuck on error messages that I haven't been able to resolve yet, so I'll explore that avenue further later on. I know that some people have been able to get it working and playing at up to 4K so I think ultimately this is the ideal pathway, I just hit my current wall-of-technical-understanding so I'll try again soon. One thing I found is that even when the tutorials I was following were only a couple of weeks old, new versions of the various utilities have already been released, so that's kind of confusing.

Lastly, I tried playing the PC version of OutRun 2006: Coast to Coast on my desktop PC and streaming it over my home wifi to the Steam Deck. This actually worked surprisingly well the first time I tried it. Response time is quick enough that I couldn't really discern any lag. However, I don't know the proper way to exit from a streaming game - it continued running on my desktop even after exiting on the Deck. Also, when I tried to stream it again later, I had all sorts of problems with the visuals freezing on the Deck but the game continuing to run on the desktop.

One other note... to me it feels like the Steam Deck's thumbsticks are a little too tall for me to be able to control the car with precision. I just drive a lot sloppier on the Deck than I do using a 360 or Xbox One controller. I assume at some point, if not already, there will be different thumbsticks available that aren't so tall.

I was hoping the Switch woukd allow me to play Shenmue and Yakuza on the go but its Steam is up for the challenge. I've heard nothing but good so far with the only negative being battery life.

Back