Vegenance

When Ryo speaks to Hanhui about who the master is and where Zhu is, he basically tells Xiuying to shut up and says the men are speaking.

I guess if Sun was Iwao's murderer, Ryo would act differently, a sexist tone to his actions, like 'My father held back because she was a woman, but I will find her and make sure she faces punishment' If he's lucky enough to find her, Sun would kill Ryo as well.

Although more likely she kills him in the dojo after Iwao, at the beginning, because Lan Di has his own code where she doesn't.

I disagree, like i said in my other post, first Ryo underestimated Xiuying and said he would not fight a woman.

1628947669013.png

After Xiuying showed that she is stronger than him Ryo started to respect her, the message was clear "Age and gender have nothing to do with Kung Fu" and Ryo learned this lesson in my opinion.

1628947736278.png

Ryo really respect Xiuying now and thinks she is really strong, in the phone calls in one of the options he said she is strong, in another phone call he said this about Xiuying

1628947793317.png

So in my opinion he really respect Xiuying now and he learned this lesson when she defeated him and showed that she is stronger than him.

About Niao Sun, i know she is a different character, different personality but i just imagined for a moment Niao Sun doing the same thing Longsun Zhao did, if she did the exact same thing his desire for revenge would be the same, maybe in the beginning he would say "I can't believe a woman killed my father" but all i know is that Ryo learned the lesson with Xiuying and that now he respect her.

And again about Chunyan i think he spared her because he had nothing against her, Ryo don't want to kill everyone, Ryo is not like this in my opinion.

He really learned the lesson that Age and gender have nothing to do with Kung Fu, now if he has to fight Niao Sun or another master, he wouldn't say the same things because he learned the lesson. I disagree but i respect your opinion.

Last edited:
He says to Wong in II as well "I have to go. A real Man would understand." when chasing the yellow heads in Kowloon. I think Ryo does have some immature ideas about masculinitly, he's a teenager, and I think it would be good storytelling if this atttitude is challenged more in future games (if we're lucky enough to get them)

I agree that Ryo have some immature ideas, like you said he's a teenager. Ryo understimated Shozo Mizuki in the first game, after that what happened? this happened

lpshen_52_52whiff.gif

Ryo understimated Xiuying, after that what happened? this happened

1628951120216.png

In Shenmue III Ryo didn't understimated Master Sun and Grandmaster Bei, he really learned the lessons, he really learned with his mistakes. Ryo grow as a character is a slow grow but it is happening in my opinion, and is beautiful seeing his evolution in martial arts and as a character, in the ending he will probably be similar to Akira Yuki and this will be beautiful to see.

The only way i can see Ryo killing Longsun Zhao without ruining the themes of Shemue would be Ryo regreting about it. Ryo having nightmares about it and reflecting about what he did, reflecting, regreting, learning that what he did was not a nice path to go and then doing someting about it to repay for his mistakes.

In my opinion this is the only way i can see Ryo killing Longsun Zhao without ruining the themes of Shenmue, but like i said in other post for Shenmue i prefer the route where he will forget about revenge, for other games i don't have problems when a character achieve revenge, depends on the story but in the case of Shenmue i prefer the route where he will forget about revenge.

Oh, and i want to add another thing about my other post, in Shenmue III in Bailu Village Ryo trained with Zhen Wei.

NaiveLoneEwe-max-1mb.gif

Ryo didn't underestimate her, Ryo didn't made comments like "What? i wll not fight with a woman" nothing like that, so it's one more reason for me that he really learned his lesson in Shenmue I with Shozo Mizuki and in Shenmue II with Xiuying, the lesson to never understimate someone because of age, gender, clothes and much more.

Last edited:
I think Lan Di should survive and he can teach Ryo the mysterious scroll which I believe is connected to Sumning, and why he may have sealed it behind the Yin/Yang banner, like he has a regret that when they sparred together, they never unlocked the art's true potential.

Back