Vehicles for Shenmue 4?

I think they intended to implement the bicycle in Shenmue not to use the fast travel feature (when you're exiting the Hazuki's residence).

I would only want bikes if it makes sense for the time period and location.

I wish they could have implemented horses in Bailu village :( but I remember I read during the development of the first Red Dead Redemption how costly it had been to make horses kinda realistic.

I wish they could have implemented horses in Bailu village :( but I remember I read during the development of the first Red Dead Redemption how costly it had been to make horses kinda realistic.
Actually if you go back to RDR1 after completing RDR2 the horses in 1 feel like riding a motorbike instead of an animal. I think that RDR2 is the only game I have ever played that got the horses right.

That said they still can implement horses in some kind of minigame, and that's only because of the Ren artwork we have sawn that I think that

They can take some inspirations from Bully: Scholarship edition for how to make a bicycle work in the open world.
9A6F10B4EC447713A027F0F30C576BB5FC11F351

i could imagine ryo riding a horse as apart of the story in shenmue 4. uncharted 4, action style.

Ryo and the super "Shenmue tank controls" makes Ryo play like a vehicle so.
Its like we've been riding a car this whole time. hahahahaha

I'm joking but thats what they say right? :)
If Shenmue 4 has the appropriate budget I would love to see a playable section with Ren riding an horse.
That would be amazing.

As far as i know, Ryo can only ride a motorcycle so I dont see him driving a car. And depending on the area Ryo is in, it may or may not make sense. If Ryo is up in the mountains or in a Niaowu type of place, theres nowhere to really ride a motorcycle.

The motorcycle also has to be fun to ride, which means they area going to have to put some effort into how the bike handles. Being able to drive in a game isnt really a selling point in itself, especially if it handles like the Mako in Mass Effect 1

Last edited:
I wouldn't be opposed to something like GTA 3 & San Andreas did with their train/ monorail system. In which you can enter and then get a scenic view of the area - or press X to skip to the next stop. That would be a very pleasant way to integrate a Quick-Travel method rather than just leaving home-base and getting a menu prompt.
Oh, I like this. Depending on the town, it could be done as hailing a taxi, a horse-drawn carriage or even a rickshaw driver.

Back