Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
PSN
bcdcdude
Steam
bcdcdude
Hi! I'm sorry if there are many topics on this already, so feel free to delete if needs be.

In two weeks time, i'll be going to Japan for the first time to visit my girlfriend for a week and a half. As part of my holiday, i've asked if we could spend a day or so in Yokosuka to do the Shenmue pilgrimage. With that in mind, i'd like to ask those who have done it already how much time to set aside for it. I've set a day aside to do it (we will be staying in Tokyo that day), but not sure if that's too much.

Incidentally, when my girlfriend visited England (6 months ago...long distance relationships are hard!), I let her play Shenmue for the first time. She never heard of it as it was a bit before her time, but once she got used to the controls, she quite enjoyed it which pleased me greatly!

Also, are the guide maps still available? Are we allowed to take more than one, because i'd like to take a handful to bring back home for friends and family.

Thanks!

Indeed, I'd set aside a good 5 hours; I set aside about 5 hours, was late (my wife was the cause of us being late for EVERY transit that we took in Japan, save for our Shinkansens and flights to and from Okinawa; so infuriating) and ended up having to rush through the streets: still spent a good hour and a half in and around Dobuita and the boardwalk (spent MUCH more time in Dobuita, obviously).

Keep in mind, this is from Ikebukuro; if you are at Yokohama, it'll be much closer and you won't need as much transit time.

Back