Vivi-Gamer's Video Thread (Updated 30/09/2020) FF8 Let's Play

Howdy, howdy, howdy!

I often help out my friend to edit his Youtube videos and this week decided to give it a go myself! I'm not one to speaking in a presenting manner but i think it turned out alright :)

If I get more time I might do similar videos on PS2 & PS3 games:

Feel free to check it out if you have 5 minutes:

Last edited:
I made an new video covering the importance of backwards compatibility. It's been a big deal for me regarding my classic games so wanted to talk about it - It's only a short 5 minute video so check it out if you have the time :)

I wouldn't get too caught up in the backwards compatibility debate. Have you seen the list of games BC on XBOX One? It's pretty limited. I have an extensive collection of XBOX and 360 games, and not enough of them were bc on X1 to justify me buying the system, despite the recent low price point of $299. I think XBOX games that are bc on X1 is limited to around 20 games. That's pretty abysmal.

It's just not realistic to expect PS5 and XSX to have strong bc. It's very limited. If you have a decent collection with games that weren't "the most popular", they won't work on either system. You'll get some of your games in your collections that are bc, but for a lot of them you'll still require the original console.

If you want the best bc, then that's on PC.

Been doing some lets plays recently, about to start another one with Crash of the Titans - a game which I have avoided for many years... Feel free to pop by and say hi :)

Trying Crash of the Titans Once more... on Normal Mode... curious to see where this Crash Bandicoot Reboot goes - Feel free to say HI ^_^

Last edited:
I wanted to make a few videos focusing on the small details in Shadow of Memories. I was inspired by @BlueMue & all the videos they've put out noting little details on Shenmue.

1st up - The Cupcake Sidequest!:

Last edited:
That's an unusual looking game. Your video says PC, how are you playing it?

Oh it's a wonderful game, one that has stuck with me throughout the years and even to this day still discovering little details - much like in Shenmue. Also, all the people in the town feel like real people much like in Shenmue.

Sadly the PC version hasn't been kept up to date, so it's not compatible with Windows 8 onwards, nor is it on Steam, Epic, GOG etc. So I have to boot up my old Windows 7 PC to play it.

The game is also on PS2 (Crashes on Backwards Compatible PS3s), Xbox (Not backwards Compatible sadly) & PSP - The PSP release has a new set of voice acting which is okay, but I prefer the original.

I also did a let's play walkthrough of it not long ago:

Last edited:
Looks kind of interesting. I'll keep an eye out if I can ever go back to local gameshops. Would be nice to play it on PC tho.

Are you playing a physical copy or a download?

Thought I might have a bit of luck checking to see if there was a download for PSP on PSN but no dice.

Edit
Looks kind of interesting. I'll keep an eye out if I can ever go back to local gameshops. Would be nice to play it on PC tho.

Are you playing a physical copy or a download?

Thought I might have a bit of luck checking to see if there was a download for PSP on PSN but no dice.

That version is just a download I got ages ago - I've noticed the physical Edition on PC goes for dirt cheap on eBay in America - But like I said only works on PC's Windows 7 & prior :( I had to import my Physical Edition of the PSP version, which I was happy to do :)

Starting Crash Mind Over Mutant today, the last proper Crash game I need to play before October! Feel free to say Hi :)

Been wanting to just have a relaxing playthrough with Final Fantasy VIII, I'll probably be playing a lot this week and then schedule weekly. Trying out with PC & Mods to see how it goes. Feel free to say hi :)

Last edited:

Continuing my Final Fantasy VIII Playthrough, had fun exploring and hope to get further tonight! Feel free to say Hi :)

Last edited:

Just finished the Dollet Mission and returning to Garden - Feel free to say Hi :)

Last edited:
Playing a little earlier today because of the PS5 event, so gather aboard as we depart for Timber CHOO CHOO!

Video Editing Part 07
Starting Disc 2 of my letsplay with FinalFantasyVIII Chilling and Winhill & Maybe slung in the Desert Prison - Free to say Hi :)

Last edited:
I never finished FFVIII for PS1 but it's an underrated game in the series. It's still liked by many. I like the environments.

Back