Vivi-Gamer's Video Thread (Updated 30/09/2020) FF8 Let's Play

Oh I love it - hoping to continue this Lets Play soon - getting rid of my PS4 Dualshock has sort of put it in Limbo :p

I never finished FFVIII for PS1 but it's an underrated game in the series. It's still liked by many. I like the environments.

Same with me. Never finished it and I enjoyed the environments. What I did not enjoy however, was the magic system. I hated the fact that I had to take a turn, especially on a boss just to try and get it's magic essence. I also hated that you had to roam around to find a magic well and hope it contained some.

Other than that the cinematics were even better than FF7. You also actually got to see your whole team with you, although that could be a blessing or a curse depending if you like that style or not. It had an interesting way, although also boring if not in the right frame of mind, to gain another level in SeeD by taking examines. The environments and of course story was captivating. You could use the Pocket Station when away from your main console to continue playing and may of been able to find secret items and or level up your character. The card game was not for me, but I still appreciated that it was there. Aerith made a return and it was great to have her as a master healer again.

Really it was just the magic that was always a thorn in my side and the biggest reason I could never fully enjoy it. I've tried multiple times, but ehhh... If FF7 had the same kind of magic system, it may of doomed all RPGs for me, because it was FF7 that had me buy the PS1 in the first place and really what got me into the love of RPGs. Then again maybe I would of been a better contributing member of society with not so many hours lost playing the RPGs and I would know a few different languages and have different degrees under my belt... but I regret nothing. ^^!

Back