"Walk Through Walls" Tools for Shenmue I & II Re-Release

Hi @ner0, nice find for a single change to disable collisions. It might even be possible to make it universal by identifying the code signature robustly. (Although I'll probably leave the existing code as it is for now, as it seems to be working ok).

By thew way, did your last post have something different from the one you posted earlier?

You might not realize it, but this is actually common in 3D games before there was enough processing power to do real reflections. It was used in everything from Super Mario 64

Yeah, i recall learning of this technique from Document of MGS2 back then. The Tanker's command post (can't think of the single worded name for the life of me) had reflective flooring, which was just everything upside down, including the lifeless marine hunched over some controls haha.

@Switch

Very cool tool, but can you please upload it to a trustable and serious site?
Why not hosting it for yourself on phantomriverstone.com, when the documentation is already there?
Is it that huge?
You can host virtual servers today for 3 dollars per month and get 100 gb storage...
Alphabet (google) is evil and should be boycotted anyway.
I even tried to download from their "drive-cloud-bullshit" and their shitty "service" tell me ".. blabla foobar contains viruses" about the .exe files... and i can't download it, cause the direct links are hidden...

BTW:
Can anyone please visit their shitty workspaces (after this pandemic) and shout "I'll smash you into tiny pieces!", please?

@KillTheBullshitWeb

At the time Google Drive was the easiest file solution because the blog itself runs on Blogger. Are you able to download the CETRAINER file? That will avoid the false virus warning with the exe & you just need to install Cheat Engine to run it.

@KillTheBullshitWeb

At the time Google Drive was the easiest file solution because the blog itself runs on Blogger. Are you able to download the CETRAINER file? That will avoid the false virus warning with the exe & you just need to install Cheat Engine to run it.
Yes I can download only the certainer file, but that's not how things work.
Selfhosting is more then ever a must-do imho, it avoids shit like that goggle "protection", wich is in fact nothing more then push users into immaturity, it avoids censorship, it lets you keep full control of your data and so on...
I see so many cool and creative stuff here and elsewhere and the people in the comunities are mostly cool, friendly and helpful, but it seems to lagging about knowledge how evil and broken the so called "modern" web is.
The web belongs to us, the users, we create the content, so we must establish our own infrastructure and avoid evil companies like Alphabet, cloudflare, amazon and so on, to prevent that they have full control over everything one day, cause that's exactly what they establish their web-technics for.
And before you get me wrong that I am on a mission here or so, because of my nickname, I first visited Shenmuedojo over 14 years ago and after I bought Shenmue 3 I decided to register here, because I like modding.
I remember that I wanted to choose a cool name, but I rejected that after a extreme frustrating time to get any content from here without beiing registered or even use third-party-bullshit-web-"services".
I can't even view an image here without being registered... sorry but that's just totally bad.

=(

Last edited:
I used this to make my job easier at the harbor. Just drove my forklift over the water and str8 through buildings to drop my cr8ts off. Not to mention the morning warm up race.

By the way, if anyone still wanted to download this from that google drive and is getting the virus warning. To bypass, sign in with your google drive / google account and then do "make a copy" it'll copy it to your google drive and you can download it since you are now the owner. Hope that helps someone else.

Back