• NEWS! We're adding in #ShenmueAnime2 to the tweetathons from May 4th so make sure you tag in @Crunchyroll and @SEGA each month to help get us that 2nd season!
  • We've fixed the issues with Outlook/Hotmail email address not getting emails from us. If you get a backlog of emails please delete them and then continue use as normal

Website newsletter arriving in my inbox

King Mustard

Member since 2002
Hi there,

I have had "Receive news and update emails" turned off within Preferences of this forum for a long time but I still receive newsletters from the forum.

There is no 'Unsubscribe' link at the bottom of said emails.

Is there a way to avoid this spam? (which is what they become if someone has "Receive news and update emails" turned off in the forums)

Is there a way to avoid this spam? (which is what they become if someone has "Receive news and update emails" turned off in the forums)
When I expressed same concern they (staff) persuaded me:
"Hi Seaman that's our small revenge at your posts. Those're also extremely important #LetsGetShenmue stuff.
Remember the Muecas Oath, atavic oath at forest, cloacks, hoods.
To sum up: you can't unsubscribe those, we can't/won't disable'em. We will, listen carefully Seaman #€#&, chase you and take you down if you try to block'em at your mail client. Seaman, you @_€#.
It's just good dojo spammy :)"

Obviously, I got very scared and convinced.

When I expressed same concern they (staff) persuaded me:
"Hi Seaman that's our small revenge at your posts. Those're also extremely important #LetsGetShenmue stuff.
Remember the Muecas Oath, atavic oath at forest, cloacks, hoods.
To sum up: you can't unsubscribe those, we can't/won't disable'em. We will, listen carefully Seaman #€#&, chase you and take you down if you try to block'em at your mail client. Seaman, you @_€#.
It's just good dojo spammy :)"

Obviously, I got very scared and convinced.
I remember contacting the site owner directly (and in a very friendly manner) a few years ago and got a very defensive "Tough!"-style response.

I remember contacting the site owner directly (and in a very friendly manner) a few years ago and got a very defensive "Tough!"-style response.
Previous was a joke.
It really struck me what you said. To me it was the opposite. Look they even banned me and I cried and reactivated me.
I cried very loud at Matt iirc

Hopefully you didn't get the newest one?

Back