What are these things?

Really don't know about that paper thing but the other is Fangmei's amulet you get from her when you leave.

Did they not include the texture file for the picture of Ryo and Nozomi standing apart? That would explain why somebody in the bug thread said that their picture hadn’t carried over to S2 correctly.

Yeah IIRC Nozomi picture has 6 variants based on 3 different weather conditions and the 2 different postures. (Thanks prima guide) ;) That bug is only in the menu though. Once you click it to look it does show the photo you got. I could be making a mistake and that is was the same in the dreamcast menu.
Untitled.png
Perhaps that fabric is part of the cloth you buy for Fangmei's gift or its wrapping?

Last edited:
The pendant is from the Fangmei birthday sequence, and the fabric seems to be a pawnshop flyer background.

Oh and yes, there are 6 variants of the Nozomi photo which are currently in the media section of the site under Shenmue 2, but that's from the Dreamcast. I have the re-releases versions ready to go, and will be in the main site soon. Just need to get the first game hacked for all items and I can upload everything.

I am waiting on someone to come through but there is an issue with the original DC save states, plus, I could do it manually, but there are some items you get only via hacking which kinda don't appear in the game itself. The letter Master Chen give you at the end of the first game turns into the bit of paper Ryo reads at the beginning of Shenmue 2. But, if you hack every item of Shenmue, that lettwr is in an envelope with Lishao Tao's address on it.

vlcsnap-00010.png

Good thinking there! It is the background of the fliers when you look at what's on them in detail.
This icon is not used for the menu though, the rhombus shaped thing in the top row it, it's what the original used also.

Good thinking there! It is the background of the fliers when you look at what's on them in detail.
This icon is not used for the menu though, the rhombus shaped thing in the top row it, it's what the original used also.
Ah yeah, I see that now :p

Back