What are you playing?

I don't wanna invest too much time in any large scale game that might get in the way of Shenmue 3 so I'm just playing fighting games and stuff that isn't too involved. Got Soul Calibur VI recently, but its only OK so far.

Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. such a good game!

Super Smash Bros Ultimate - Terry Bogard has just been released as the newest DLC fighter, and as a long time FF/KOF fan I had to try him out. He's amazing! Works so darn well in the game, and the amount of music included for his stage is simply staggering (Fatal Fury, KOF, Metal Slug and a couple of Samurai Shodown themes). Loving this game, its just getting better and better with each new fighter added and I cannot wait to see who's next.

Yakuza 3 -- Been slowly playing through all side missions as they become available. I'm in Chapter 5 now. I'd kind of love to see this game in the Dragon Engine. Especially Okinawa (I know we saw the Orphanage in 6 but I can't help but feel that Okinawa as a whole would be nice to see in Dragon Engine)...oh well, beggars can't be choosers. Game is still fine to me.

Luigi's Mansion 3 -- This game is stunningly pretty for a handheld game. Some of the lighting effects are just gorgeous. Looks like a CG Animated film at times. I'm really impressed with how good this game looks. Other than that, same Luigi's Mansion formula...but still fun.

Installing disco ellysium right now.
Read too much good stuff about it to pay full price.
Just to shill for the game a little.
It's fucking amazing if you like to read.
Hilarious, great writing, RPG-like conversation system on steroids.
Really worth a try (maybe on sale).
So happy I got it.

Tekken 7 -- After 500 hours of Tekken 7 online. I finally came to the sad realization that I have to give it up. The player base consists of either aggressive players who won't give you an inch or filled with turtles who wait for you to fuck up in the slightest and just juggle the hell out of you.

I like Tekken but I'm absolutely convinced that playing online is cancer. Can't do it anymore. Have to quit. I got up to the orange ranks and hit that wall where everyone beyond that rank is either insanely good or insanely good at playing cheap....Now I just feel like it's all one step forward two steps back. So I'm done! I'm done with Tekken online. Game is just too frustrating after a while.

I just don't get how people can be that fast with inputting string after string after string. It's insane to me how quickly they throw shit out...sometimes you can catch it, but as soon as you catch it, they quickly switch gears and fuck you over in other ways.

I just don't think I have the mind for this anymore and it usually just leaves me frustrated as all hell. So for my own sanity, I think I'm done with Tekken online.

Death Stranding. Still early in the game but I've been learning the core mechanics and I'm loving it. Game looks amazing and the weird idea that your primarily a delivery agent reuniting each area you visit to a main network, its bizarrely enticing. The climbing mechanics as well as the physics engine that governs your momentum gives a really realistic and fun method of traversal. Not really done much combat yet but it seemed competent enough. Its just a nice different type of game compared to most of what I play at the moment.

The Outer Worlds -- I just started. I got it off of GamePass and decided to try it out. It seems okay so far. I don't know if it will keep me the entire way through, but it seems okay so far. Don't know if I'm seeing all the praise behind it though but I'm still fairly early in to it.

Modern Warfare -- Been floating in and out of Multiplayer stuff. Been having fun with that. As per usual, I do enjoy COD multiplayer. Got Play of the Game last night....quite an awesome play too...literally took out 4 in one hit in Team Deathmatch :D

NFS Heat -- I bought it over the weekend. Just installed it. Will check it out for a little bit now. Not expecting much from it. But I have an itch for more Burnout Paradise and if this can at least satisfy that itch a little, I'll be happy.

Shenmue -- I streamed a full playthrough on Saturday and Sunday on Twitch. Might do Shenmue II this coming weekend (feels 100% right in prep for Tuesday next week.) Finally managed to Swallow Flip Chai in the final fight (in all my playthroughs, I've never gotten the timing down...finally did it on Sunday)

Honestly, I just feel a strong itch to go back to Yakuza 3 over everything else right now. I forgot how much I liked that game. Also, I just feel like nothing is truly doing it for me.

Outer Worlds feels a bit routine so far. I caved and bought Death Stranding for $69 AUD over the weekend but still haven't installed it. I've got NFS Heat waiting to try out (as mentioned above) but I got to be honest, I just have no interest to dig too deep into any of them at the moment.

I think it's the Shenmue III anticipation that fully kicked in. I'm so ready for that game next week that I just feel like nothing is doing anything for me right now.

Oh well, 8 Days and counting

Last edited:
Shenmue 2. Got 2/4 Wude so far and am on track to get the third. Doing a pretty brisk run of the game this time, but all the same taking in the sights where possible. In terms of size and structure, its a more fun game to replay in some ways than the first game because you are seeing new places all the time while Shenmue 1 has you seeing the same familiar areas more often (not that its a bad thing, but I'm just enjoying exploring Hong Kong more at the moment).

Shenmue III -- At the rate I'm going (which is taking my sweet ass time with it), I don't even know how I'm gonna fit in Death Stranding or Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order or Persona 5 The Royale or Sakura Wars before end of year.

In hindsight, thank crap Yakuza 7 isn't coming out in Japan in December. At least it gives me some time in between.

Having a great old time just hanging out in Bailu village. This game (so far) is everything I wanted it to be. Loving it through and through.

Coincidence-i-think-not.jpg

Shenmue 3 of course. :cool: Somehow it still feals weird to say that. Finally playing Shenmue 3. A nice Feeling for sure.

I also got Jedi Fallen Order for my Ps4. But I am not going to Play it before next month I guess. Now Shenmue 3 gets my full attention.

Shenmue 3 of course. :cool: Somehow it still feals weird to say that. Finally playing Shenmue 3. A nice Feeling for sure.

I also got Jedi Fallen Order for my Ps4. But I am not going to Play it before next month I guess. Now Shenmue 3 gets my full attention.

It felt weird to walk in to a store yesterday and see it on shelf...it's so fucking surreal.

I don't rush the game. I'm still in the beginning. The sunflower-field is a awesome location. A new Masterpiece from Yu Suzuki. ♥

Back