What are you playing?

I am having problems with Jugdment, every time I boot it I just play VF5FS. I don't know why, but it is too much Yakuza without being a Yakuza, so it is weird. Also so far not interested in the characters, I hope that change once I pass the first episodes

The Last of Us: Remastered -- I have not played it since my initial PS3 playthrough when it first released. I really loved it but it was one of those games I didn't want to play again because of the impact it had the first time through. But with the sequel coming out very soon. I figured it was time to dip my toes back into this grim world gone mad. I forgot how morbidly satisfying the melee combat can be in this game. Throwing a brick at someones skull then lunging towards them with a lead pipe is oddly satisfying. Playing on Survivor difficult. Not as hard as I thought it would be, but still quite the challenge with limited resources. But I really enjoy that challenge. Really gets the adrenaline flowing. Can't wait for the sequel in May.

Binary Domain (PC) -- I have never played this before but after beating Yakuza 7 and being truly impressed that Ryu Ga Gotoku studio could make a really good turn based RPG...I had to see how they would fare at making a cover based shooter. The answer is quite well. Only two hours in but I really like what I've played so far.This team might be the most talented team in Sega at this very moment.

Last edited:
keep wasting time playing apex legends (ps4) and fortnight (ps4)

..when i should really be wasting time try to complete witcher 2 (xbox)

Binary Domain (PC) -- I have never played this before but after beating Yakuza 7 and being truly impressed that Ryu Ga Gotoku studio could make a really good turn based RPG...I had to see how they would fare at making a cover based shooter. The answer is quite well. Only two hours in but I really like what I've played so far.This team might be the most talented team in Sega at this very moment.

A hair below masterpiece; if you bought it for the voice control, "innovation," I can see how one may be disappointed (ambitious, but it either didn't work or {more-likely} wasn't too user-friendly, as people didn't know how to get it working), but if you bought the game to play the wonderful campaign/story and the pretty good online, it is an outstanding title.

Wonderful characters, wonderful voice acting, a real-world plot that can have real-world connotations, should AI ever get to that level (if you are a fan of the Matrix from a backstory and lore standpoint, this game is perfect), it looks great for PS3 and it plays fantastically as well.

It's too bad
the ending *kinda* shuts down the opportunity for a sequel
, but I would love to see another 3PS made by the team, as this was fantastic. So much fun.

The Last of Us Remastered (PS4) -- Finished it last night. Bar some issues with the sometimes dumb AI, I found the game holds up quite nicely. I played on Survivor and found myself using stealth through most of it. Good game. Looking forward to the sequel in May.

Binary Domain (PC) -- Played a little more of Binary Domain tonight. Did Sega secretly make the best Terminator game that never was? Someone give RGG studios the Terminator licence right now. There is something so damn satisfying about shooting the hell out of these robots and watching them crumble to pieces.

Crash Bandicoot (Switch Lite) -- Been playing a little bit of Crash on the way to work this week. Can't go wrong with Crash on a handheld.

Played Ocarina of Time for about 4 hours after getting the randomizer to work yesterday. In retrospect I probably shouldn’t have turned both shopsanity and text shuffle on, as well as skulltulas being in the mix, but it’s been fun so far. Every entrance being random is another layer but it’s fun to try to put together a mental map of a game I know front to back, even after many years of not playing it firsthand.

Not sure I’ll actually finish it, kind of depends I guess. Never 100%ed it before, and I know about some glitches but not exactly how to do them. Had to do some trick in the basement level of the Deku Tree as adult Link where I had to stand on the chest by the one torch and shoot an arrow through it to light the web leading to Ghoma. Fighting Ghoma as adult doesn’t seem to happen that often even for other randomizers I’ve watched.

The Last of Us Remastered -- Still playing; decided to try and go for the Platinum. All single player stuff is done, now I've just got to play 167 online matches (or something akin to that)...fun.

Final Fantasy VII (Vita) -- been playing the original on the Vita on commute to work. Was going to buy it on Switch but then remembered "why do that when you have a Vita and the original PSN PSone copy?" It's sad that my Vita still gets more playtime than my Switch Lite does.

Binary Domain (PC) -- Finished it off over the weekend. Quite a lot of fun. Someone give RGG studios the Terminator licence. Since they kind of understand how to make a proper good Terminator game if Binary Domain is anything to go by.

Even for free, Sonic Forces was bleh. Very bland and forgettable and I can’t forgive the sin of Sega actually encouraging the cancer that is OCs. It’s not as buggy as 06 or Boom were, but you can tell its production values and polish are not up to even the standards of Generations or probably even Lost World.

Killer is Dead is pretty much how I remembered it back on console; a little jank but mostly really smooth, with most of the weirdness being in the dialogue. It kind of goes back and forth between feeling really disjointed and a bad translation but at times works in the vain that it’s meant to be dreamlike.

Disco Elysium has been really interesting, but also a ton of just reading. But for that, at least the writing is great. Just worried there won’t be much variation to it, but I guess the only way to find that out is to do another playthrough with a different roll. Guess I should be glad more games are using RPG aspects on a similar idea to stuff like Fallout or Outer Worlds these days.

I re-enjoy my old PS2-Games-Collection. I play currently Futurama. When i bought it in 2003 i couldn't figure out how to play the first Level where Fry must collect some items. Yesterday i found out i must jamming the hammer on the boxes to open them and to collect some of the items i missed. I'm now on the Sun and Leela must jump over the collums in a specify direction - the problem is, when she falls in the Lava everything from scratch (Checkpoint). Very frustrating, but i'm a big fan of Futurama and Simpsons and i want to beat it finally.

Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception (PS4) -- Platinumed this over the weekend. I've platinumed all three of the original PS3 games on PS3, but I only ever platinumed Uncharted 2 on the PS4 collection. So I went back to Uncharted 3 and finished the platinum for it over this weekend. Mixed feelings on this game. I've always had mixed feelings towards it even back on the PS3.

Something about the gunplay has always felt really off about it. This series is infamous for bullet sponge enemies, but I actually thought it was at its worse with Uncharted 3. There is a ton of tedious bullet sponge shit in this game that just makes it insufferable to play. Also, the guns feel off. The shooting just felt off for whatever reason. And I think I finally noticed why. When you shoot enemies in this game, they really don't react.

For a game that is so animation heavy, the actual impact of bullets hitting the enemies feels completely weightless thanks to the lack of hit animations. Add to that but the new emphasis on melee combat that this game tried to introduce was also pretty terrible. Especially when you come from directly re-playing The Last of Us where the melee combat in that game while flawed at times still felt appropriately weighty. Melee combat felt like it had real impact in TLOU whereas Uncharted 3's melee combat just felt floaty and awkward.

And yet, despite all of that, the set pieces and story are some of the best in the entire Uncharted franchise. The plane sequence is incredible in that game. The sinking boat is also really god damn impressive when you look at it piece by piece.

It's just a shame the gameplay felt completely and utterly off like it always did even back on the PS3 version. Still, I platinumed it. Now sitting at 94 Platinum trophies.

Detroit Become Human -- Once upon a time before I had back surgery, I was working to get the Platinum for Detroit. Then I slipped a disc in my back and needed immediate surgery and I kind of forgot that I was working towards getting the platinum for this game. So I went back to it over the weekend. Again, mixed feelings on this game. There are things I really love about it. I think it does the whole "multiple choices" thing better than most of these games do. But the story really is its biggest let down. There are moments of good within. It's just a shame it goes completely off the rails and becomes typical David Cage dumb by the end of it. The man really only sees the world in shades. Black and White (or Good and Evil)...there is no nuance. Everyone in this game is either a saint or a piece of shit. And yet, I still like it even though it is so incredibly dumb come the ending. There are good things about it. Just a shame it doesn't stick the landing.

Last edited:
Need to finish the Shenmue III story DLC, then maybe make my way through the Yakuza series now that I got the remastered collection and already own the rest.

I also have Judgment, Shining Resonance Refrain, Sonic Mania Plus (already beat the base game), Valkyria Chronicles II on PSP, Valkyria Chronicles 4 DLC, and more in my backlog...plus I want to get the Super Monkey Ball remaster and Space Channel 5 VR. And new Shenmue III DLC will be here next week. Not enough time in the day.

After looking for some edutainment games, I finally got around and played AC Unity that I had free.
Then I got AC Odyssey and Origins for like 10 bucks.

Detroit Become Human = Platinum #95

On my way to breaking the 100 barrier.

Tekken 7 -- Faced of against an aggressive purple rank last night...and eventually overcame the odds

also faced off against a Tekken God the other day...and somehow won (I think they were being kind...they could have crushed me if they wanted to I feel)

Final Fantasy VII (PS4) -- Moved from the Vita to the PS4 version instead. Just left Midgar. Makes me all the more excited for Remake next month.

3644215-2510225e6f8867da9018.88048853-ffviir_march screenshots (24).jpg

With DOOM Eternal, Resident Evil 3, Final Fantasy VII Remake and Persona 5 The Royale all out in the next few weeks, I have no need for human contact. What a time to be a recluse!

Last edited:
Back