What are you playing?

WWE 2K19 - I was a huge WCW fan in the late 90’s. I haven’t watched wrestling since WCW disappeared, and I literally only buy these games because I’m still a Goldberg mark. I picked this up when it first came out, upgrading from 2K18. I’ve really only been downloading created wrestlers from other players and recreating the WCW/nWo Revenge roster. And it’s glorious.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 - Completed a ton more side stuff and just finished my third play through the other night. I was shaking my head in frustration as the cutscenes before and after the final bosses played. The storytelling is so bad it almost breaks the game for me. Can’t wait to start it again though.

Yakuza 3 Remastered - I’m enjoying the hell out of this. The graphics are so bright and colorful and earnest, I can’t help but smile while playing it.

WWE 2K19 - I was a huge WCW fan in the late 90’s. I haven’t watched wrestling since WCW disappeared, and I literally only buy these games because I’m still a Goldberg mark. I picked this up when it first came out, upgrading from 2K18. I’ve really only been downloading created wrestlers from other players and recreating the WCW/nWo Revenge roster. And it’s glorious.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 - Completed a ton more side stuff and just finished my third play through the other night. I was shaking my head in frustration as the cutscenes before and after the final bosses played. The storytelling is so bad it almost breaks the game for me. Can’t wait to start it again though.

Yakuza 3 Remastered - I’m enjoying the hell out of this. The graphics are so bright and colorful and earnest, I can’t help but smile while playing it.

That's me as well!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

I have always been a massive nWo mark and almost everyone who was in it; I watch the absolute hell out of shoot interviews, Wrestling With Wregret and other-related things while cooking or doing something where I can have the TV on in the background and basically, I've watched maybe 5 hours worth of wrestling since 1999/2000.

I even bought Toukon Retsuden 4 on the Dreamcast, 'cause I needed more nWo than Revenge and World Tour :D

Man, this quarantine is doing me no favors. If I’m not playing the wrestling game, then I’m watching Dark Side of the Ring, shoots, or just old WCW matches.

Some of the created wrestlers that people post online are absolutely ridiculous. I’ve got almost all of the nWo, mid-carders, and even Jeff Jarrett and fucking MIKE AWESOME. Not all are golden, but the good ones look like they practically belong in the game.

I literally just found out about this too:

That is... INCREDIBLE!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just wish they could press some cartridges and stuff; transitioning to a PC would be tough :(

Man, this quarantine is doing me no favors. If I’m not playing the wrestling game, then I’m watching Dark Side of the Ring, shoots, or just old WCW matches.

Some of the created wrestlers that people post online are absolutely ridiculous. I’ve got almost all of the nWo, mid-carders, and even Jeff Jarrett and fucking MIKE AWESOME. Not all are golden, but the good ones look like they practically belong in the game.

I literally just found out about this too:

The love for the old AKI engine is still amazing..

The old ROH vs TNA mod is still among one of my favorite mods for that game.

Well, PCSX 2 (PlayStation 2 Emulator) finally released version 1.6 this weekend.

So I grabbed it, installed it and started checking it out.

Some pretty noticeable improvements right off the bat.

I started off with Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution (of course). On the older version I had installed (1.4), I noticed VF4 Evo ran well enough but always seemingly had weird graphic problems. Either backgrounds were too dark, shadows glitchy, menus looked slightly broken etc...seems like 1.6 fixed a lot of that. Game looks good now running at 3x internal resolution (1080p) on my PC.

Tekken 4 and 5 still have the same horizontal line issues that they've always had when upscale but play and look fine when ran at native resolution. For whatever reason, Namco games do not look well with internal resolutions being changed.

WWE Smackdown Shut Your Mouth and Here Comes the Pain used to have a lot of issues with shadows on the older build. 1.6 seemingly fixed a lot of those issues and those games now look better than ever.

Some of the weird graphical glitches I used to get with Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 also seemed smoothed out under 1.6.

So far, I like what I see, they've made some pretty nice improvements all around. Will keep testing.

Recently bought Worms W.M.D. for PS4. I love(d) Armageddon on the Dreamcast, and the mix of that and World Party may clock my longest play time on the console.
Having put in so much time with Armageddon and learning its learning curve, I figured this would be a quick play. The later campaign, when trying to accomplish all of the goals in one run, is delightfully brutal. A refreshing surprise.

The newer ones will never have the same place in my heart, but Team 17 is very good at keeping consistent.
It's always good to be able to have O Canada play when you win, as an inspiration to remind me to focus on immigration once COVID calms ;)

(usual typo edits; how have I ever been a language teacher?)

Last edited:
Final Fantasy VII Remake -- Got around to finishing FFVII Remake. Gotta admit, Chapters 16 through 18 were kind of overkill. Got a little tired of the barrage of end battles. Still, I enjoyed the game as a whole. Now the wait for Part II begins. Which will finish first? Shenmue or Final Fantasy Remake? ;) Now...Hard mode and Platinum or move on? Probably move on for now...like I said, those final chapters were a bit of a slog as was.

Grandia HD - enjoying the first game so far, about 8 hours in. In my opinion, these isometric PlayStation era games aren't as pretty as 16 bit RPGs...Chrono Trigger for example had prettier environments than this - the various towns and areas are just kinda lumpy and ugly. I'm hoping I'll be motivated to play Grandia 2 if/when I finish this - it's been 15+ years since I played through it the first time.

Animal Crossing - can't stop!

Alright everybody here should get up, enter to steam, buy LoveChoice (2 euros) and play it. Right. Now. Just 1 hour of your life.

If you have a couple play it together and prepare to cry.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 -- That announcement of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 and 2 for PS4 put me in a real Tony Hawk mood again. That and the release of PCSX 1.6. God this game is still great to this day. Easily in my top 20 of all time. I really hope they get those remasters right later this year. Tony Hawk HD just felt off in terms of gameplay and don't get me started on the mess that was Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5. Although with Vicarious Visions at the helm, I do have faith they'll get it right. They're apparently using the old source code as the foundations so that's already a great start.

Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution -- Been playing a bit of this lately on PCSX2 1.6. The game is blisteringly fast. Either my reaction times aren't what they once were or this game really is just blisteringly hard. And yet, I still love it. Still holds up incredibly well.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare -- Because I'm a glutton for punishment apparently. I went for the "Best of the Best" trophy which requires you to beat the testing ground in 15.1 seconds or under...although I will say this one seemed easier than Modern Warfare 2's similar trophy.

At least it only took me an hour or two to get this one. Will probably keep going with it to get the Platinum...doesn't seem too hard.

I'm aiming to platinum every month of 2020. So far its gone well. I have

Jan:
--------------

Persona 3 Dancing All Night (Vita)

Feb:
-------------

Yakuza 7

March:
-----------

Uncharted 3 (PS4)
Detroit Become Human

April:
---------

Resident Evil 3

May:
--------

Modern Warfare 2 Remastered
Foxyland (Vita and PS4)

Last edited:
Hrm... well I do not know what to say!! But I been skipping through games and been stuck on a few! So I will figure out what to do I have been playing kingdom hearts and Sakura wars I may start the last of us remastered. But in kingdom hearts I have been trying to get the Ultima keyblade.

Not really sure why but I started new files on both Red Dead Redemption 2 and Nier Automata. Already got basically close to 100% in Automata before but there was a lot of stuff I skipped my first time through RDR2 that I think I’d like to get around to. After these, I’ve still barely touched Yakuza 5 on my PS4 so I may try to finish that for my first time.

Can’t believe this month is already almost up, but I guess covid will do that to ya. Think I’ll hurry up soon and replay Deadly Premonition before the sequel is released in July.

I've begun to Re-play The Last of Us - This time on PS4. I was going to start with the Left Behind Prequel DLC, but it seems that it also has moments set half-way through the campaign. So I think I'll wait until that point to exit and play the DLC then revert back. I'm playing it on Hard difficulty, I don't normally aim for difficulty within games, but I think the difficulty suits the nature of the game. I will say I think the runners sensitivity is tweaked a little too high, but beyond that I've been fine.

I was uming and erring about getting the upcoming sequel. It seems to be one of the last big PS4 titles, so I'm hoping it won't disappoint. problem is it's very expensive everywhere. I opted for the Amazon Steelbook in the end as it's not much more than the Standard everywhere else.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered -- Platinumed this over the span of a week. Pretty easy platinum. Game holds up pretty decently as well. I'll make no apologies for liking Call of Duty

Maneater --
Dumb Open World SharkPG fun that reminds me of Jaws Unleashed for the PS2. Also, it really makes me want another Ecco the Dolphin.

Twin Breaker: A Sacred Symbols Adventure -- I bought this because I do listen to Colin Moriarty's Sacred Symbols podcast. As much as I enjoy the podcast, I got to admit this game fucking sucked. For a brick breaker, it was one of the more frustrating things I've played all year for all the wrong reasons. The ball physics are terrible in it, the ball spends more time floating in empty space then it does hitting anything. The level layouts are frustrating as shit. Music is just bland noise. The story is forgettable to say the least. Yeah, I hated this. Nice try Colin and company, but learn from its many mistakes before making another game.\

Yakuza 4 -- Been streaming it on Twitch testing out the new Elgato Capture Card. Works pretty well. I got audio levels pretty decent and I had fun streaming...Sure I don't have much of an audience, but I've enjoyed playing it just to boost my confidence levels a little.

I have very little self esteem bordering levels of complete self hatred and I've been trying to make massive changes in life lately so this helps a little to build confidence putting my face out there for all to see.

Last edited:
Dude, you're one of the best posters on the board by far and you definitely exude confidence in your words; no need to be down, be proud! :D

It’s easy to be confident online but get to know me in real life and you’ll see the side of me that is completely unsure of himself, at times withdrawn, feels lacking of purpose and has long battled with low self esteem and depression.

I’ve been working on things over the past year in therapy but it is what it is.

It’s not all bad. It’s just something I’ve wrestled with in personal life on and off

Back