What are you playing?

@danielmann861 -- I know it doesn't mean much in the outside world but, for what it's worth, you can be proud of your efforts in this community :coffee: Hope you start feeling better.

After finishing FF7R I had every intention of jumping into Deadly Premonition, but I had FF7 on the mind, so I downloaded the PC version to play it for the first time. I installed a high-res mod where all the backgrounds and FMVs have been upscaled to x4 (hot damn does it make a huge difference) and installed a re-translation that (apparently) is more faithful to the original intent. PC is cool sometimes.

I'm 7 hours in and already in the Shinra building...it took me 40 hours to get there in the remake :p

I'm honestly shocked by how faithful the remake is to the original, and by how much I'm genuinely enjoying it. No fast-forward or cheats in the PC version so I'm playing it for real, and the only thing that's sucked so far is some of the mini-games, like sneaking past the guards. Also, I have no idea how people navigate certain screens in this game with the original backgrounds...sometimes it's impossible to tell where Cloud is allowed/supposed to go due to dodgy perspective etc.

@danielmann861 -- I know it doesn't mean much in the outside world but, for what it's worth, you can be proud of your efforts in this community :coffee: Hope you start feeling better.

Thank you man, it does mean a lot to me. Seriously.

What have I've been playing?

Well, I started streaming Shenmue on my Twitch channel literally an hour ago :D

I did say I was gonna do it now that I have a webcam and mic. Makes sense to do it.

Last edited:
Started Okami about a week ago. Loving it. Needed a break from Yakuza before I burned out.

finished khIII got server tending now to complete 5-6 more trophies for play then try remind later on. I will jump into TLOU Remastered now.

I beat Streets of Rage 4 a few weeks ago, and I immediately pre-ordered a physical Limited Run Games copy.

Speaking of which, I just got The First Tree for PS4. Really looking forward to start that tonight.

Some Panzer Dragoon Zwei to celebrate SEGA's 60th Birthday

Same with Virtua Fighter 2 and Fighters Megamix.

Have to play them on an emulator since my Saturn's CD Drive is near death.
I literally just replayed Zwei earlier this year and I already want to replay it. God damn it. Every time I think of PD I want to replay Zwei, but I still haven't played more than a 5 minute sample of Saga.

Started Death Stranding yesterday evening. Got it for £12.50 so can't go too wrong. First impressions are the graphics are great and what the hell is going on? Quite spooky and seems to have an interesting premise; one that will either end up pretty good or completely off the wall (not in the good sense).

Started Death Stranding yesterday evening. Got it for £12.50 so can't go too wrong. First impressions are the graphics are great and what the hell is going on? Quite spooky and seems to have an interesting premise; one that will either end up pretty good or completely off the wall (not in the good sense).

Mmm I wonder whats gonna happen... I can't imagine :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The two good parts in that game are Troy Baker and Norman Reedus...the rest is bleh.

Think I got everything I wanted out of Shantae and the Seven Sirens. First playthrough was at 75% at 10 hours. Tried to do the speedrun on NG+ but made some stupid mistakes and died a bunch and went over 4 hours. Tried again on a normal game and made it at about 3 hours and 15 minutes. Don’t really have the patience to do 100%, speedrun or not, due to the dumb mini game in tree town.

Booted up Breath of the Wild and forgot I had a file already. May just restart again but at least for today I went and did an area I attempted early on when I first got the game - an extremely dark maze in the north. Still disliked it but it wasn’t quite so daunting.

Think I’ll start replaying Deadly Premonition tomorrow. Also probably Fitness Boxing and Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 in between.

I literally just replayed Zwei earlier this year and I already want to replay it. God damn it. Every time I think of PD I want to replay Zwei, but I still haven't played more than a 5 minute sample of Saga.

It's a good game. Some really nice art design in that game. The level in the forest with the light peeking trough trees is pretty nice.

I've never played Saga. I've been wanting to but fear playing it through emulation for fear of the game fucking up and not being able to complete it. Although I think it is fully playable through emulation...have to check.

More Tekken 7 practise. And a bit of Street Fighter Alpha 3 at the end. I do love fighting games

I recently played through Ronin Blade / Soul of the Samurai - It's been one I have wanted to play for a while now & finally had the time this week to sit back and play it. It's pretty fun! Short admittedly but I am not finished yet. Like Resident Evil 2 it has 2 campaigns and I assume there is a finale after beating both campaigns. I'm sure I will continue with Lin's Campaign later this week:

Beyond that, I've been playing The Last of Us in Prep for the upcoming sequel.

It's a good game. Some really nice art design in that game. The level in the forest with the light peeking trough trees is pretty nice.

I've never played Saga. I've been wanting to but fear playing it through emulation for fear of the game fucking up and not being able to complete it. Although I think it is fully playable through emulation...have to check.

More Tekken 7 practise. And a bit of Street Fighter Alpha 3 at the end. I do love fighting games

Wish I lived in Aussieland, I'd bring you over my copy to try; PDS is one of the best games Sega has ever made.

A hour or two into Death Stranding and starting to lose a little patience. For me, the menu's seem very convoluted and the text so small that at one point I had to get up and go right next to the TV to make out what something said. I always seem to have a lot of stuff on my back but unsure what is important and what isn't. As I haven't go access to a vehicle yet, I can't be bothered to deliver a lot of the stuff back to base.

Will stick with it for now.

I found it was helpful to balance about two briefcase size packages on each limb(can’t recall if you can do legs from the start). Usually just a couple ropes and ladders. Never really picked up anything I found on the way unless it was close to the delivery point.

I found it was helpful to balance about two briefcase size packages on each limb(can’t recall if you can do legs from the start). Usually just a couple ropes and ladders. Never really picked up anything I found on the way unless it was close to the delivery point.

Is it fair to say that most stuff lying around isn't essential? I'm really just planning on going through the main story and not too fussed about side quest, levelling up etc.

To my understanding all the random stuff you find on the ground is “dropped” by other players, so I don’t think it’s very crucial. I basically b-lined through the main missions just fine. There are proper side missions with some unique rewards but I wasn’t really wanting for anything by the end of the game. Most of it was easy aside from one or two major spikes.

Playing Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. Still one of the best JRPG's ever made.

Mixing that with Telltale's The Walking Dead, all seasons. Also Bioshock collection.

All of these are for Switch. I barely use any other system anymore.

Wish I lived in Aussieland, I'd bring you over my copy to try; PDS is one of the best games Sega has ever made.

Yeah, just one problem...my Saturn CD drive is still dead...hence I have to resort to Emulation for now. I got to say, Retroarch is holding up pretty decently in that regard. It's not great, but it is at least playable.

I put an order down for that Saturn ODE from Teraonion. I'm just waiting for it to ship now then I can go back to original hardware in peace. But Retroarch is surprising me. Saturn Emulation really has come a long way from where it once was.

But once I get that ODE, I think I will finally play through Panzer Dragoon Saga. I have the ISO's downloaded and waiting to go.

I'm slowly getting the hang of Death Stranding. I do love the presentation and how Kojima and his team got across that dull, nordic grassland vibe. If I was a single man with all the time in the world, I could see myself getting into the game more and playing it for longer. At the moment I'm only really managing to get to the next cut scene and put the controller down from there. Also have zero interest in reading all the optional mails and other pieces of lore.

I have Overcooked 2 in the library left to play (if I ever get round to it), Last of Us 2 will be a day one purchase and most likely will get Ghost of Tsushima. That will be it for this generation.

I'm going to get Cyberpunk on PS5 if it's released within the next year or so.

Reactions: red
Back