What are you playing?

Resident Evil: Code Veronica

Do you think they will do a Remake of it? I really want it to happen. This game needs better voice acting for sure. First I was disappointed that they started with the RE4 Remake and skipped Code Veronice. But that could mean there will be a better ground work ready for a new Code Veronica game. But that could mean a long wait until 2024-2026 or later.

Last edited:
I'm playing Persona 5 Royal. So far so good.

I'm longing for the 6th game. I have no idea of how they are going to top the 5th game story-wise but if the story has a very similar structure I wouldn't be too bothered as long as the environments, graphics, conversations, relationships and mechanics are improved. With the groundwork of P5 they could easly make a 10/10 game if they come up with a good story.

Do you think they will do a Remake of it? I really want it to happen. This game needs better voice acting for sure. First I was disappointed that they started with the RE4 Remake and skipped Code Veronice. But that could mean there will be a better ground work ready for a new Code Veronica game. But that could mean a long wait until 2024-2026 or later.
Really hope they do a remake!!

Favorite RE game by far, but adjust one or two lines of atrocious dialogue about Alfred then good to go.

Borderlands 2. Only a few hours in but straight away it's better than the pre-sequel as the level design is not as convoluted. Also, I'm taking my time with it as I rushed the other game. Purchased the third game as it was on sale but probably won't get to it until I get a PS5.

MGSV runs surprisingly ok on my laptop. Mostly got it to fool around with mods. Unfortunately not everything has worked but most things I have are great so far. Currently playing as mariachi Raiden and hoping Ddog grows up soon so I can have Bladewolf as a buddy. All the helicopters are flying tanks now. Quiet is supposed to be replaced with Ocelot so we’ll see how that goes. Oh, and lastly the water pistol was replaced with Peace Walker’s banana gun - such a missed opportunity in the real game.

Meanwhile back on ps4, I finally decided on this trucking sim called SnowRunner. It seemed to get compared a lot to Death Stranding when it was first revealed, and with the way the initial trailer portrayed it I’m not surprised. However, even playing just the tutorial it seems there’s way more stuff going on and it is simply expanding on two games in its own series that apparently came before it.

In DS, most of the interesting gameplay came about in the mountains for me which was really just a tiny slice of it, especially when the ziplines became abundant. Most of my time was spent avoiding what seemed like obvious trouble areas with BTs and mules because they were just not fun to encounter and there was not enough of a time penalty for it to effect my score. And so that also cut into any preparation; eventually it boiled down to, aside from what I was delivering on my back, a couple ladders and ropes each on my arms for balance, a spare pare of boots, and anything else I’d just find on my way. Every single mission. Oh, and never mind the “challenge” of holding both triggers almost the entire way.

So far it seems this is the better parts of that and there are actually systems here that will make it more engaging. Of course, I don’t know a ton about trucks or vehicles in general so I guess that’s an extra layer of challenge on top of that. Even so, it feels like this really earns it. But we’ll see as I keep going. Lastly I like all the customization there appears to be ahead, both functional as well as cosmetics. Kinda wish there was some for your driver but I guess that’s not really the focus.

I was a massive fun of Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel, back in 2002 or so (my good friend got it for me for my birthday, solely due to my nickname lol) and even though it was technically a budget title and not huge on customization, I loved it and the business sim-side of things was also quite lacking, but it was enough to be fun and engaging. Really wish I could find my disc so I can play it again!

Started playing Martian Gothic a bit after finding it confidently when checking out some random discs without a case. I cannot remember that I played it much after getting it in 2001 but now I am really into it.

It is not mega hit but a decent old school RE type horror game. I really like it so far. The german dubbing is excellent for a ps1 game and it also has some nice elements.

Playing with three characters at the same time is quite a nice idea. You also have to exchange items with the characters to progress similar as in RE 0.

The controls are bit tight and it also plays quite slow. Not sure if the game is in general so slow or if the game was just pal 50 HZ like many old games. I think I will play it again tomorrow.

I alyways enjoy old school RE like games.

Shenmue 3.

For a budget title, it's surprisingly good. I can also stress that I am not dissatisfied with the experience at all. It's just like playing the first two games all over again. Top quality.

I've no regrets backing the Kickstarter.
Well that was like a fresh breeze in a sweaty sauna❄️
Glad to hear you enjoyed it.
Maybe I keep rambling about it but I think the alernate clothes for Ryo are excellent and well designed. Where the game were lacking elsewhere they did put lots of energy into the smaller details of objects and such.

Last edited:
I've said it before, I'll say it again, it's kind of a minor miracle that they managed to make a game that feels like Shenmue on that tight of a budget. Disregarding its woes, I will always say that Shenmue III still feels like Shenmue through and through to me. Glad you're enjoying it thepeaguy83

Me? I've been mostly playing Yakuza: Like a Dragon for the last week or so and slowly churning my way through that stacked Platinum trophy. I maxed out my business (again). Been churning through side stories (again). Been doing social links...I mean bonds (again). Been doing a LOT of gambling (I am super addicted to Oicho Kabu and Mahjong). Up to Chapter 11 in story. Still one of my favourite games of last year.

I also played a fair bit of Final Fantasy VIII on the Switch lite on my 14 hour round train trip back to Sydney this past weekend. I will always love Final Fantasy VIII. It really is my FFVII. Meaning it was my first FF experience as a kid and you tend to never forget your first time ;)

I picked up Hitman 3 for the PS5 this weekend so I'll start cracking into that soon enough.

Also been dabbling in Yakuza 3 cleaning up some of the Hitman missions that I left aside and churning through some of the left over side missions. Just playing Premium Adventure and doing some side stuff here and there. 50% trophy progress. Kind of tempted to go for the Platinum, but heard it's a pain in the ass so that scares me off a little.

Last edited:
It's not too much of a pain in the ass, save for the minigame trophy; THAT makes it a pain in the ass, but the rest of the trophies aren't bad in comparison.

Put down SnowRunner for a bit, but not for lack of interest. Mean to get back to it eventually...it and Yakuza 7 someday. :p

Just finally got around to celebrating late Xmas, what with covid and stuff effecting mail and packages sent between us and family that are back on the east coast. So I got some points to spend on psn and steam.

Far Cry: New Dawn, Bayonetta, and Vanquish on PS4. Back after I beat FC5, I had enjoyed most of it, but the ending really put me off of it and what they were doing with a sequel seemed kinda cringe. For around $10 after enough time I thought I’d give it the benefit of the doubt. It started out ok, even promising and interesting at least, but eventually it got old well before I was done with it, from unfunny jokes and writing, to things that seemed to have potential but ultimately didn’t have much of a message to convey compared to 5, and honestly I just don’t think the level design was as good. That and the few terrible bosses really dragged down the experience for me unfortunately.

Bayonetta I’d played before on both 360 and WiiU but I figured why not if it came with Vanquish anyway. I guess it made me realize I must have never actually played on Normal because I don’t recall getting my ass kicked this much. Almost every chapter with an Enzo trophy really surprised me. Dropped it down to very easy on NG+ and took off the auto combo accessory and am finding the window for witch time is far larger and almost every single attack triggers it. Kind of frustrating to realize. Makes me want to boot up the sequel because even compared to easy I remember feeling it was far simpler.

Vanquish, I’ve only ever played a demo of so I’m kind of excited to play it now. Looks a bit different than most of Platinum’s recent stuff.

Couldn’t think of much to get with the Steam gift card so I went ahead and bought DMC5. As expected my laptop just can’t handle it. I did manage to get through the first level but it was really chugging at maybe half the speed it was meant to at best, even at the lowest settings. Here’s to holding off for a decent computer sometime this year.

Nothing.

Finished Borderlands 2 and though we purchased Borderlands 3 on sale, may just wait a bit before starting that. Was going to buy Valkyria Chronicles on Nintendo Switch but I missed out on the sale.

Lost most of my interest in Mortal Kombat 11. Probably put more hours into this game than I did any other this generation. Had a bit of a revival learning how to play with Mileena but same old now.

Enjoyed the Captain Tsubasa demo, mainly because it reminded me of a time games didn't take themselves too seriously. However, the shooting just seems terrible. It's like you can't score without doing a super shit and even then the keeper will save it most of the time.

I need a game to play people!

Balan Wonderworld (demo) -- The demo is live on PSN so I decided to check it out. It seems like what would happen if you took a Nights like landscape and used it as the backdrop for a fairly simple 3D collectathon platformer. It seemed charming enough but I doubt I'd pay full price for it. Maybe one of those games that I would pick up on sale down the road. To be honest, I would have preferred another Nights.

I was playing Zelda Breath Of the wild on the CEMU emulator after selling my nintendo switch 2 years ago.
I normally don't use emulators or download game illegally, so I had the thought that I was doing something wrong in my head for the past two weeks....

Yesterday somebody steal a fucking side mirror from my car.
Karma. That's all I thought about.

As soon as I got home, I deleted the whole game and emulator lol.

So currently, i'm playing nothing.

I was playing Zelda Breath Of the wild on the CEMU emulator after selling my nintendo switch 2 years ago.
I normally don't use emulators or download game illegally, so I had the thought that I was doing something wrong in my head for the past two weeks....

Yesterday somebody steal a fucking side mirror from my car.
Karma. That's all I thought about.

As soon as I got home, I deleted the whole game and emulator lol.

So currently, i'm playing nothing.
Are you sure it was stolen? Maybe another car broke it

Back on Shenmue 3.

No, I don't find it to be a terrible game.

Incidentally, Cyberpunk had a bigger budget than Shenmue 3. Look how many bugs it has in comparison to the third game.
Shenmue 3 is amazing. The most engrossed I've been in a game since Breath of the Wild, honestly.

About 40 hours into my first playthrough of Skies of Arcadia fannying about in the Dark Rift. Ugh...I hate mazes.

Back