What are you playing?

Still playing Monster Boy. It's legitimately tough, especially if you don't abuse the portal staff. I had the hardest time with that damned volcano area.

They modernised the control scheme for later ports of remake, worth checking out if you're struggling with the tank controls.
In general I have no qualms with tank controls at all. They're perfect in Code Veronica, or Shenmue, I think. It's something about the sensitivity of the turning in REmake on the Gamecube. Both d-pad, and analog stick, oversteer is a real issue for me that leads to a lot of awkward encounters with enemies. I've gotten more used to it, though

I probably should have just played the HD version on PC, since I have that too, and it would have allowed me to play with Japanese text. The voiced dialogue isn't laughably bad here, it's just regular ol' bad.

I've got Hunters out now, and picked up a Magnum, Assault Shotgun, and some pretty good stores of ammo since I've actually been able to dodge most things with fewer zombies around. I haven't enjoyed it as much as the original for a host of subtle reasons, but it's still pretty good.

OMG! What do you think to it? That was actually one of my favourite 360 games :D

I downloaded that too!
I'm busy with Panzer Dragoon Remake and Rabi Ribi at the moment though πŸ˜…
It's Zelda BOTW with waifus and husbandos.

f900268df5b8b61a2546a83a95fcb208.jpg

I didn’t play it first hand, but I was pretty enthralled in a youtuber playing this old ps1 game that finally came out in English on the Switch recently. It seems a few devs like Toby Fox got some inspiration from Moon. Hell, I might even wager Swery might have played it, but it could be a coincidence.

Very interesting experience, especially considering how it might have been back then. Thing is, and maybe part of it is being a product of its time along with just being strange all around, but a lot of stuff that you have to figure out feels so obscure and cryptic that it seems it could be frustrating, even more so at the start when you don’t have much time to do anything. Even so, the story and the message of the game seemed unexpectedly good, even the seemingly cut ending.

I don’t recall the exact details but apparently the devs split up, and some went on to make stuff like Rule of Rose and Chulip. The former has a great story but seems hard to play for different reasons. I have Chulip and do want to get through it someday, and it seems quite a bit more lenient and even offers hints in the instructions, but there’s this strange undertone that really creeps me out about it. Lol

Also have Genshin Impact downloaded on my laptop. Not sure if it will run it well or just to wait to move and try it on PS4 instead. Seems to take up too much space to get on my phone.

I'm playing Brigandine: The Legend of Runersia, and Elite Dangerous. Both are downright godly games.

OMG! What do you think to it? That was actually one of my favourite 360 games :D]

I enjoy Tenchu Z quite a bit for what it is. After coming off of Ghost of Tsushima It's a little too simplistic to play in 2020, but I suspect if I had played it back in 2006 I would have loved it. I did love Tenchu 1 when it came out in the 90s. I'd love to see a new Tenchu game on the new consoles, there's so much potential to bring it to life and depth with where consoles are now compared to the 360 era. Sekiro was trash πŸ—‘ but Ghost shows the potential of what a new Tenchu game could deliver in 2021. Only bad thing about Tenchu Z overall: no backwards compatibility :(

The only game to defeat me is Devil May Cry and Conflict Vietnam. I've given up on other games because they're not interesting but that's another story. I've therfore downloaded Devil May Cry HD collection to avenge myself on the first game.

Holding myself over until Ghost of Tsushima LEGENDS for PS4 releases later today by giving Sleeping Dogs Definitive for Xbox One another chance. I wasn't too impressed with SD upon my first time trying it, I was however very much in the mood for an Asian brawler type of game and there wasn't any other half way decent options. Sleeping Dogs very much reminds me of earlier GTA 3, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas style of gameplay with 2013 era graphics. It's far better than anything Yakuza related and even better than GTA 4 was during its release year. SD isn't the deepest or most fulfilling title but it's a nice popcorn experience to hold me over until the next title comes out.

Not so much, "playing now," as opposed to simply, "I picked up a console game for the first time since May," lol, but I did a run-through of some old favourites, in Golden Axe (which I haven't played in around 5 years or so) and Alex Kidd (which I haven't in nearly 10 years or so!) on the Genesis, so I was quite rusty lol.

Still 2 CC'd Alex Kidd on standard difficulty and 3 CC'd Golden Axe (could've done it in 2) also on standard, but probably would've 1 CC'd AK if my controller didn't have issues and would've saved a life or two in GA for the same reason; my 6-button Genesis controller is starting to have major D-pad and B-Button issues, in that they don't register or there is a slight delay: I literally lost a life to the Wizard at Janken in AK, because the D-pad didn't register the change from rock to scissors :mad:

I've recorded them and put them up on YT as well. I'm looking to attempt a 1 CC of Final Fight CD on Mania as well, which I may try this weekend :)

Honestly, I'm in that limbo of there is nothing I want to play. I have games to play, but nothing I want to play.

Next month can't get here any sooner. PS5. Spider-man: Miles Morales. Yakuza 7. Cyberpunk. COD (I still like the occasional COD online)...yeah next month can't get here any sooner.

I was thinking about checking out that Ghost of Tsushima update, but I figure I might wait until next month when I get my PS5 to check it out.

Honestly, I'm in that limbo of there is nothing I want to play. I have games to play, but nothing I want to play.

Next month can't get here any sooner. PS5. Spider-man: Miles Morales. Yakuza 7. Cyberpunk. COD (I still like the occasional COD online)...yeah next month can't get here any sooner.

I was thinking about checking out that Ghost of Tsushima update, but I figure I might wait until next month when I get my PS5 to check it out.
The GoT update is great and it's free if you own the game. There's plenty of replay value if you like online gaming. I'm playing it probably for the next few weeks until I get burned out with the online mode. Then going to check out what all the hype is around Cyberpunk 2077 when it launches. After that, I don't know as there aren't any launch titles that look good for the new consoles. I hear Bright Memory is coming to XBX/S and XB1 but Infinite isn't yet.

I played Dead Island on PS3 the other days and was bewildered to find other people joining our game! Really didn't think anyone would even be playing it - Unless it cross-plays with the PS4 version?

But I am also unsure on what to play, if I am selling my PS4 I don't want to sink my teeth into a big PS4 title yet, so may trace back to my PS3 library.

I'm running through my backlog; last 3 days I've completed Star Wars: Rebel Assault on the Sega CD (average game, SW fans will like it), Star Wars Arcade on the 32X (SO HARD! And Admiral Ackbar's voice is done by Hisaki Nimiya; you can hear it right away XD), Fastest One on the Genesis (well, I won some races, but haven't really "completed the game; it's a LONG play) and I will probably start Ecco on the Sega CD, either today or tomorrow.

I was attempting my 1CC run on Mania of Final Fight last night and was in the penultimate section of the top floor penthouse (the penultimate area of the game proper), when my game froze :mad:. I was most-likely going to 1CC it at that point, but I guess I'll need to try it again... so frustrating.

And last night, went for it again and it froze as I was killing Edi E (was doing a back drop with Haggar that would've finished him off); I had only lost 1 life in the first 3 levels (Sodom got me, otherwise I would've lost 0 lives; to this day, he's still the second-hardest boss in the game and he isn't even a flunky boss), at that point :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I've known for a few years now that my Sega CD is starting to slow down (both literally and figuratively lol), but I know what it is that's causing the freezing at this point (dirty lens, as I don't own rubbing alcohol {go figure} and it needs a little cleaning; I blew the internals out with compressed air the last 2 nights). Still, I have a feeling that it's going to outright fail at any time now...

I've known for a few years now that my Sega CD is starting to slow down (both literally and figuratively lol), but I know what it is that's causing the freezing at this point (dirty lens, as I don't own rubbing alcohol {go figure} and it needs a little cleaning; I blew the internals out with compressed air the last 2 nights). Still, I have a feeling that it's going to outright fail at any time now...
Time to invest in a Terraonion MEGA SD by the sounds of it. ;)

Seriously though, nothing worse than a CD Drive starting to die. I should know, my Saturn drive died, my Dreamcast drive died, my PlayStation One drive died. Thank god for the modding community.

I've been doing some retro dive with Arcade rail-shooters/Run&Gun/shmups and looking for some ways to be playing some of these old classics if I could:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aside from that...I don't want to be a rage quitter over these two games but man The difficulty is really pushing my buttons...I'm gonna take a break and hopefully remember to return to clear them legit for myself.

Back