What are you playing?

To be fair, I've been in more of a reading and watching films mood lately than I have been the "let's spend 50 hours playing this game for a meaningless trophy!" mood.

I did play Hitman 3 recently...I haven't finished it yet, but I liked what I played of it so far. The grind in Yakuza 7 is turning me off...I think it's because I've already poured 120+ hours into the Japanese version and Platinumed it long ago so doing that grind again kind of wore thin on me the second time around. I left that off at Chapter 11 in the main story with about 60 hours under my belt. Good game, just the 120 hour platinum grind I have to be in the right mood for.

And the others I haven't even touched so I have no opinion on.

I'm hoping Persona 5 Strikers will get me interested again when I get that in this week coming. But yeah, I've been in way more of a reading books and watching films kind of mood lately and games haven't really registered for me.
Well then I will give you my list of favourites books. I like doing lists, lol.
They're in Spanish, translate the titles :LOL:

La naranja mecánica A. Burgess
Oliver Twist C. Dickens
Crimen y castigo F. Dostoievski
Cien años de soledad G. García Márquez
La insoportable levedad del ser M. Kundera
Tokio blues H. Murakami
Los años de peregrinación del chico sin color H. Murakami
Sputnik, mi amor H. Murakami
Sauce ciego, mujer dormida H. Murakami
Colmillo blanco J. London
1984 G. Orwell
El guardián entre el centeno J. Salinger
Ensayo sobre la ceguera J. Saramago
El engranaje J. Sartre
Anna Karenina L. Tolstói
Guerra y paz L. Tolstói
El retrato de Dorian Gray O. Wilde

I'm going through more Sega CD games, I just beat book 1 of Shining Force CD. The game is a remake of 2 Shining Force Gaiden games on Game Gear (books 1 and 2), with an extra epilogue scenario (book 3) and another extra unlockable challenge mode (book 4).

I like it so far, but yeah it's not on the same level as Shining Force 1 and 2, like a bunch of folks have mentioned. I don't mind that the formula is a bit different because it was originally made for a portable system, so there's no towns and no open world, and story is only interjected before and after a battle. Sometimes I actually like this, it's one of the things I preferred in Shining Force 1 over 2 (the lack of the open world), but I may be in the minority there and it could also depend on my mood, haha.

I think the bigger issue I have is there could have been a few more graphical and audio features that use the power of the Sega CD. For example, the vfx on the spells could have used the sprite scaling tech or just something to make them look more impressive than on the Genesis, and there could have been more use of cd sound effects as well (Freeze stands out as being kind of weak looking and sounding). They could have probably had more frames of animation on the battle cutaways, too.

However, I still think it's a worthy game so far. The battles and leveling were still fun and I think I read that as a whole, Shining Force CD has the most battles of any Shining Force game out there, so that's pretty cool. I feel like my party was well rounded, and the birdmen were actually useful!

Mortal Kombat 11 -- I went back to Mortal Kombat 11 online over the weekend. The new movie trailer kind of gave me the urge to go back to Mortal Kombat. An hour later and I remember why I intensely dislike most of the MK player base after receiving some hate mail for -- get this -- beating someone who was just whiffing shit out and spamming easily punishable attacks on block. It's almost like they never learn that Scorpion's teleport attack is highly punishable on Block and spamming it is never a good idea!

And then my favorite; hearing loud mouth morons on voice chat get all cocky and watching them fall apart and become salty little bitches when they lose. Ahhhh, good old MK playerbase. It never changes!

(Granted, I know all fighting games have this shit and not everyone who plays MK is like this, I know, I know...but MK seems the worst of it at times any time I've played. Tekken 7 has this shit too, but I find I get more people offering messages of advice rather than hate mail....I still really like MK 11 though. The game itself is fun...I just don't really like the majority of the online player base. Although I suppose the salty players are a good laugh sometimes.)

Super Mario Sunshine -- I also played a little bit of Mario Sunshine on the Switch Lite. That game has issues...most notably the camera. Enjoying the F.L.U.D.D stuff but the camera bugs me.

Last edited:
@danielmann861

I recently decided I was done with Mortal Kombat 11. Loved the game but after nearly two years of playing it's time to call quits. I always was trying to get a particular Jade costume and 100% of Sub-Zero's gear but they would never appear in the Krypt, Kombat League or the Towers of Time and that just frustrated the hell out of me.

What was your highest rank on Kombat League? Got to Demi God which was such a bloody grind.

Not much to do with my new work schedule, but I’ve been chipping away at Spiritfarer bit by bit and enjoying it more and more. No More Heroes 3 may undoubtedly be my favorite this year but this is shaping up to be a close second.

Just bought Taxi Chaos. It's a spiritual successor to Crazy Taxi. From what I've played (very little), it doesn't seem to be quite as good as the older games in any aspect. Still, it's a fun distraction if you can find it at the right price. I plan on making a few videos of the game over on my YouTube channel if anyone is interesting in checking it out.

Taxi Chaos: First Gameplay Impressions:

@danielmann861

I recently decided I was done with Mortal Kombat 11. Loved the game but after nearly two years of playing it's time to call quits. I always was trying to get a particular Jade costume and 100% of Sub-Zero's gear but they would never appear in the Krypt, Kombat League or the Towers of Time and that just frustrated the hell out of me.

What was your highest rank on Kombat League? Got to Demi God which was such a bloody grind.
Haven't really messed around with Kombat League...anytime I go back to it, I usually just dabble in casual matches for an hour or so and move on.

Honestly in regards to Kombat League....I think it's a bit bullshit the loser is allowed to select a different character if they chose. I've had a number of sets where you'll tie the set and then the other person suddenly selects a different character and goes gonzo on you. I don't know, if you're gonna do 3-set matches then just have it be the character you initially select for all three matches.

That and is it just me or is Joker so fucking insanely broken in that game? It feels like you can't do anything to him as he either gets push back or just spams you with projectiles if he has the reach.

Hence why I play Kasual Matches...I mean I play Ranked in Tekken 7 but I just find MK11 ranked to be a little annoying at times (granted, I'm not very good at Mortal Kombat 11 so I fully admit my weaknesses against people who know that game backwards and forwards)

Just bought Taxi Chaos. It's a spiritual successor to Crazy Taxi. From what I've played (very little), it doesn't seem to be quite as good as the older games in any aspect. Still, it's a fun distraction if you can find it at the right price. I plan on making a few videos of the game over on my YouTube channel if anyone is interesting in checking it out.

Taxi Chaos: First Gameplay Impressions:
Is it worth the asking price? Been flirting with buying it.

Is it worth the asking price? Been flirting with buying it.
My honest opinion is "no". I did a review video on my channel and also a follow up (they updated the game today).

There are too many issues that keep the game from being great, and there's literally nothing Taxi Chaos does better than Crazy Taxi which came out 2 decades ago.

My honest opinion is "no". I did a review video on my channel and also a follow up (they updated the game today).

There are too many issues that keep the game from being great, and there's literally nothing Taxi Chaos does better than Crazy Taxi which came out 2 decades ago.
That's what I feared when I saw the trailer....okay, I guess I will hold onto my money then and just keep playing Crazy Taxi.

I haven't played Yakuza 2, which is my favourite game in the series, in years.

I'm liking this remake of 2. I don't understand why they changed some of the music in the original, but it's still a good game.

Haha, Ryuji Goda is like the Yakuza Donald Trump. MOGA! (Make Omi Great Again!)

I haven't played Yakuza 2, which is my favourite game in the series, in years.

I'm liking this remake of 2. I don't understand why they changed some of the music in the original, but it's still a good game.

Haha, Ryuji Goda is like the Yakuza Donald Trump. MOGA! (Make Omi Great Again!)
If you're playing on PC, be sure to use the mod that changes music back to the original. It's way better.

If you're playing on PC, be sure to use the mod that changes music back to the original. It's way better.

I have the ps4 version.

Ryuji Goda: "I'm in bed with a Korean mafia? Fake n00z."

They both like their fake tan, too.

Attachments

• Yakuza-Kiwami-2-Ryuji-Goda-640x360.jpg
    Yakuza-Kiwami-2-Ryuji-Goda-640x360.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1
  • trump.jpg
    trump.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 1
Kiwami 2 is a quality title indeed. The hitman missions can be frustrating (ESPECIALLY at the higher levels), but that was my favourite addition.

The music from 2 (Crazy Ken Band) wasn't included due to either:

1. Licensing issues
2. Need for a more contemporary artist to add music (which they've done since Kenzan!)
3. Both those reasons.

Kiwami 2 is a quality title indeed. The hitman missions can be frustrating (ESPECIALLY at the higher levels), but that was my favourite addition.

The music from 2 (Crazy Ken Band) wasn't included due to either:

1. Licensing issues
2. Need for a more contemporary artist to add music (which they've done since Kenzan!)
3. Both those reasons.

Did they do North Menace? Oh, that's a shame. I like that battle theme.

Yesterday xbox services went down so I started Immortals Fenyx Rising.

Played the tutorial, really good game, I dont know why no one paid attention to it. Characters graphics Overwatch-ish, Zelda BOTW-ish/Genshin Impact-ish world and with Ubisoft's open world content, seems like there's no way to do it wrong. I like how the game doesnt take it serious to itself, it has an interesting sense of humour.

This seems a really nice game. Looking forward to continue it when I finish Y4 so I rest a bit.

Yesterday xbox services went down so I started Immortals Fenyx Rising.

Played the tutorial, really good game, I dont know why no one paid attention to it. Characters graphics Overwatch-ish, Zelda BOTW-ish/Genshin Impact-ish world and with Ubisoft's open world content, seems like there's no way to do it wrong. I like how the game doesnt take it serious to itself, it has an interesting sense of humour.

This seems a really nice game. Looking forward to continue it when I finish Y4 so I rest a bit.
Looks interesting but the demo didn't immediately sale me. Gonna give it another try.

image.html

giphy.gif

73Qv.gif

電車でGO!! はしろう山手線_20210227013234.png
電車でGO!! はしろう山手線_20210227011358.png

Pretty cool game. Sadly its only the circle route in Tokyo. (there are a lot of stations but its still just one city)
Would love a updated / new game where you can drive from city to city, up in the mountains or along the coast.
Well i probably only have to wait 10 years for the next game

fkuibm0qz6p41.jpg

Pretty cool game. Sadly its only the circle route in Tokyo. (there are a lot of stations but its still just one city)
Would love a updated / new game where you can drive from city to city, up in the mountains or along the coast.
Well i probably only have to wait 10 years for the next game

fkuibm0qz6p41.jpg
What's that?

Back