What are you playing?

I'm currently playing 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim.

This game is a huge departure from the side scrolling beat em up games Vanillaware are known for. It's also the first game for them which has a sci fi setting.

As it's heavily story driven, the only gameplay you'll experienced is the real time strategy missions.

I'm also playing Breath of Fire 2. I've never managed to finish this one from the BoF series

I bought Project Cars 2 and started a campaign. Kinda loving it.

AC Valhalla. Arrived to England.

And finally Anthem. Seems super fun imo (I liked Destiny 2).

I bought Project Cars 2 and started a campaign. Kinda loving it.

AC Valhalla. Arrived to England.

And finally Anthem. Seems super fun imo (I liked Destiny 2).

The main character is a Dane who contends with the army of Alfred the Great, ruler of the Kingdom of Wessex, correct? I haven't played the series since 4, but I'm familiar with the so-called "Dark Ages" in English history.

The only successful Danish invasion of England was lead by Swevyn Forkbeard, son of Harold Bluetooth, I believe. His son, Cnut, ruled for a while, until his step-son, Edward the Confessor, the last Anglo Saxon king, took over from Cnut's son and Edward's half-brother.

The main character is a Dane who contends with the army of Alfred the Great, ruler of the Kingdom of Wessex, correct? I haven't played the series since 4, but I'm familiar with the so-called "Dark Ages" in English history.

The only successful Danish invasion of England was lead by Swevyn Forkbeard, son of Harold Bluetooth, I believe. His son, Cnut, ruled for a while, until his step-son, Edward the Confessor, the last Anglo Saxon king, took over from Cnut's son and Edward's half-brother.
1620071853423.png

Lol.

Yeah, a Dane who contends with Alfred, Idk if he's ruler of Wessex.

The names Forkbeard and Harold rings a bell. The rest I have no idea yet

I've been playing through Nier Replicant [some numbers and shit] somewhat concurrently with a friend who's played Automata, but nothing else Yoko Taro. I've played the first few chapters of Drakengard, but nothing else Yoko Taro. So I think he has a better idea of what he's in for than I do, but at any rate, I'm really enjoying the game. Half of it is probably just the music, but playing it makes me kind of feel like Ico, Shenmue, and Napple Tale all all got together, had a raucous time, and this game popped out.

The field areas I don't care much about, but the villages are very nice to explore, and the atmosphere is very soothing. The fishing sucks, though. That's a bit of a miss. Still, any game that makes me feel like I might want to actually put together a garden of my own is probably doing something right.

I do kind of wish it felt like the things the townspeople say and do had more relevance to the story, but I enjoy peeking into their lives a little bit with the limited conversation they do provide, anyway. I've also caught myself noticing voice talent from other games: Young MC has to be Theodore from PSO2, and I'm pretty sure a lady or two in the port town, particularly the older ones, share the same voices as some of the characters in Shenmue III. Thought I might have heard Regias' voice as the ominous disembodied voice in the opening, but Weiss doesn't sound much like him, so I don't know.

I like history. It fascinates the shit out of me. I wouldn't do it for a degree, though - fuck that.

Alfred the Great is the Queen's ancestor. Her family hails from the House of Wessex, you see. Its family members unified England during the 10th century.
Yeah I like History, that's my job, but not the History of England lol.

I'm playing a combination of Breath of Fire II and Resident Evil: Village.

The beginning part of Village took me aback. I didn't realise what the hell I was supposed to be doing to survive. After killing a few enemies and dodging their assaults, the cutscene finally kicked in.

i am playing RE 8 on my PS5 and the first Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast.

Both games are really great. I am especially impressed with Sonic Adventure though. It sill plays and looks nice with my VGA-HDMI box. I also need to get the second one for Dreamcast sooner or later because I am realy enjoying the first one so far.

Re8 is also great. Much better than I expected. I am not a hater of 7, in fact 7 restored my interest in the franchise after I lost interest in everything Resident Evil 4 but I was far from perfect game. 8 is not a pefect game by a ny means either but it has a great atmosphere and the varity of enemies is much better than in 7. It also has a cool atmosphere.

it feels somehow like a modern take on Re 4. But unlike RE 4 I like it.

Do not get my wrong guys RE 4 is fun game it just was not a classic Resident Evil and the story and the characters made no sense at all.

After the outro in RE CV

i expected a big climax with the end of Umbrella. And then in 4 Umbrella went bankrup without any further explanation. That felt so wrong. After true ending of the old Umbrella storyline I might have been way more postive towards the story of RE 4.

Despite binging the Nier remake, work has made it so I still have not completed it yet. Granted, I’ve been trying to 100% it as I go, even knowing how much of it got to be grating when I went for it in the original version three times(on both 360 and PS3 as well as the Japanese version). I guess I’ve just got OCD for my favorite games. Even so, upgrading all weapons is one thing I’ve never completed and something I’m still not sure I’ll do here.

Unfortunately I don’t really like the brother character...maybe it’s just the performances. I mean, Ray Chase as the elder seems great in his own way, really just don’t like the younger one, but can understand why Yoko Taro might have wanted it this way with a very clearly optimistic youngster and a jaded sarcastic older side, but I feel Jamieson Price’s version of the father had a ton of nuance underneath the booming, attention demanding voice; there was a lot of cheekiness, compassion, just a lot more smaller details and intonations that I feel are kind of missing...there are a particular couple that involve Emil late in the game that I feel were not as heartfelt due to Ray just not having that depth sadly. I’m kinda hopeful they really are making a “Gestalt” DLC if they brought Price in to do a couple lines for the 15 nightmares segment, but who knows.

Otherwise, it has been great so far and extremely nostalgic. I’m kinda almost miffed (but really not seriously) that newcomers might not have a full appreciation for all the new content or cut content being brought back and even fleshed out, not something most full on triple A remakes even consider (or in some cases like RE3 even cut content themes). There is so much more here and you can tell it is actually worth it for them to have put in rather than being some novelty to put on the back of the box.

i am playing RE 8 on my PS5 and the first Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast.

Both games are really great. I am especially impressed with Sonic Adventure though. It sill plays and looks nice with my VGA-HDMI box. I also need to get the second one for Dreamcast sooner or later because I am realy enjoying the first one so far.

Re8 is also great. Much better than I expected. I am not a hater of 7, in fact 7 restored my interest in the franchise after I lost interest in everything Resident Evil 4 but I was far from perfect game. 8 is not a pefect game by a ny means either but it has a great atmosphere and the varity of enemies is much better than in 7. It also has a cool atmosphere.

it feels somehow like a modern take on Re 4. But unlike RE 4 I like it.

Do not get my wrong guys RE 4 is fun game it just was not a classic Resident Evil and the story and the characters made no sense at all.

After the outro in RE CV

i expected a big climax with the end of Umbrella. And then in 4 Umbrella went bankrup without any further explanation. That felt so wrong. After true ending of the old Umbrella storyline I might have been way more postive towards the story of RE 4.

I definitely recommend the second game; it is a better game from a quality and polish standpoint, but I (and MANY others) found the first to be much-more charming, fun and a better experience.

The Knux/Rouge levels, for example, are done well and look great, from technical PsOV, but they can REALLY drag on and become long slogs.

Soundtrack also isn't as memorable/enjoyable, but still great :)

I haven't played Breath of Fire III in years, but it's nice to return to it again.

I dunno if there are any fans of Breath of Fire here. By the by, what was the fifth game like?

I haven't played Breath of Fire III in years, but it's nice to return to it again.

I dunno if there are any fans of Breath of Fire here. By the by, what was the fifth game like?
I used to like the Breath of Fire series, up until Dragon Quarter was released, and I realized it was the only really good one. I still kind of like the original a bit, but Dragon Quarter is one of the greatest games I’ve ever played.

Currently, Ghost of Tsushima- bit late to the party on this one, but wow, this is just such a beautiful, relaxing game to play- and the combat is pretty satisfying too. Still in the first act but loving it so far.

Back