What are you playing?

If you could DM what is it that you study, history wise, that'll be nice. (In your own time, of course.)
Sorry mate didnt see this. I dont do research (Vade retro Satana), I'm a History teacher.

Idk if it's the same in all countries (probly yes) but here you have to... Contact the right Researcher... So you do some research in some stuff and the State gives you a "scholarship" and you just... Kinda live with that forever? Lol. That's the 0,1%, so most of the Historians goes to Middle school to teach History and that's it. Not my case, I do this for vocation, I never was interested in Research.

If you ask for my favourite period or my speciality, I'm one of the minority of Team Ancient History, specifically since Second Civil War till August (let's say all the Julio-Claudian dynasty), but I do really like basically all Ancient History: Egypt, Sumer (Enlil, mah God-boy), Akkadians, Assyrians, Carthage (mah boys), Romans (mah boys that defeated mah other boys) and Greeks (not the Persians, I'm too biased for Greek writers, their job worked pretty fucking well with me).

Obviouslly I liked AC Odyssey, at least in the esthetic. So this AC it's not my deal at all, but I have a friend that its unoficially an expert in British History, specially that part and so on (studied English) so he should be my "hey dude explain me this" friend on this.

Anyway I stopped playing bc I have stuttering in some fights, Idk why, so I started Anthem. Wanna do an upgrade when I have the money and stock, so no hurries.

Can I ask you a favour

I'm trying to avoid spoilers. Just want to know exactly 2 things with absolutely no details of ME3 when you play it.
1) Canon ending, does exist?
2) The scene of Tali's pic is the same?
I'm on ME1 at the moment, but after looking into these two...

1. No real canon ending.
  2. Had a quick look on YouTube and, yep, Tali's picture scene has been changed.

I'm on ME1 at the moment, but after looking into these two...

1. No real canon ending.
  2. Had a quick look on YouTube and, yep, Tali's picture scene has been changed.
Yessss booooyyyyyyyy. I'll take it.
Fuck off the ending just gimme a good Tali's scene.

TALI MARRY ME PLZ

I'm also playing ME: LE. I'm only about 2-3 hours in, but so far I'm really enjoying the visual improvements. The improved textures and lighting look nice and clean. I haven't played ME1 in over 10 years, so I'll be sure to do a pretty long and in-depth playthrough. It's been fun just going around the citadel and getting reacclimated to all the little world building flavor bits.

The main complaint I'm having is the cutscene dialog is also playing through the rear channels in my surround set-up, instead of just the center channel, which in turn makes the dialog super loud. I had to switch to headphones because it was too distracting. And if I turned down the dialog volume in the settings, then the diegetic dialog plays too low in volume (or maybe there's a bug there, too, that I haven't noticed yet). Looks like ea is aware of the issue at least, so hopefully we can get a bug fix, especially before I get to ME2! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effe...urrounds-instead-of-center/m-p/10337682#M1076 I suppose I can try changing my output to stereo, but I don't want to mess with my audio settings.

I'm also a little less patient than I used to be with menus, but I think I'm going to try to give myself a set cadence, like every 30-60 minutes before when I swap out inventory/upgrade players, etc.

The last few weeks I've been playing a lot of Virtua Fighter 5, Dead or Alive 5, Dead or Alive 6, Tekken Tag 2, Tekken 7 as well as just about all of the games in these franchises along with a few other fighter franchises and Mortal Kombat. Nothing out at the moment that catches my interest I'm waiting for the new Ninja Gaiden game in a few weeks.

Sput, no need to apologise, bruv; we all have our priorities in the real world. Thanks for responding to my enquiry, though: your work sounds interesting.

I've been playing a mixture of BoF3 and the Ys IV remake. I haven't played Dragon Quarter yet, which someone here enjoys, but I keep going back to the old BoF classics. BoF 3 is still my personal favourite of the series because of the dark overtone of the story, as well as the Masters system to manipulate stat gains in your favour.

Incidentally, Nina's fucking awful in 3. Her strength lies in her agility, but my own shit is superior to her selection of magic spells. Rei is better, and he's not even a great magic user.

Earth Defense Force: World Brothers seems fun so far. As with Iron Rain, it is very different, and at first I was a little apprehensive about the new art style, but it seems to work pretty well for it. This one seems a lot more RPG like with the focus on things like damage numbers and having a party of characters with unique abilities and attributes that you can switch out. I’m not sure I like absolutely everything about it yet, and I think the old style is still my favorite way to play, but 2017/2025/4/5 are so alike that it is nice to have some variety in the series.

I’m only a couple hours into Biomutant and seemingly not out of a real handholding tutorial yet but so far it seems fun and a bit ambitious. Decided to try my best at recreating “Guhts”(basically Mori Calliope and Guts mashed together) due to the real taste obvious Berserk influence on the player character, and the fact you can have pink fur lol. Some say guns are way OP and melee is no fun, maybe they are right later on but so far I’m having no issues with melee...my only gripe being ridiculous in not being able to parry bullets.

87BAD7E8-5F1A-4F94-98AA-D7FC21915CF8.jpeg

Lastly there’s Dragon Audit, which I’ve only played very little of yet. It’s real cheap and jank as hell but what intrigued me in the first place was the dumb writing and concept that just seem to be entertaining. Come to find out there’s a lot to interact with and lots of puzzle/adventure elements for something that advertises itself as a walking sim. A lot more engaging than Death Stranding at least.

Actually, I do have the speed run in the Nier remake to finish. After that the only trophies to get are being rich(should be relatively easy), growing a Lunar Tear, and upgrading all weapons. I just may not have the patience for the other two unfortunately but we’ll see.

Went on a Dead or Alive binge this week: DOA 1, 2, 3, 4 and Dimensions played thoroughly. Ready to get rid of them and move onto finishing the story modes for DOA 5 and 6 most likely over the weekend, just in time for the new Virtua Fighter release followed by Ninja Gaiden release. Will be squeezing in Tao Feng Fist of Lotus too once it arrives.

Finished Dying Light and have nothing left to play. Will get It Takes Two when it goes on sale. Did anyone here complete Persona 5 Strikers? Desperate for something to do.

Reactions: red
I started playing Resident Evil 8 again. I haven’t touched it since I first bought it, and I was pretty put off by it. It’s about as Resident Evil as Resident Evil 4 was, which is barely. But I’m having fun with it for what it is, like how I did with RE4. If Capcom wants to continue in this direction with the new entries while remaking the older games in the style of the RE2 and RE3 remakes, then I wouldn’t mind. I just don’t want a repeat of the RE4-RE6 era, where the games seemed to mimick the bullshit from the movies.

I started playing Resident Evil 8 again. I haven’t touched it since I first bought it, and I was pretty put off by it. It’s about as Resident Evil as Resident Evil 4 was, which is barely. But I’m having fun with it for what it is, like how I did with RE4. If Capcom wants to continue in this direction with the new entries while remaking the older games in the style of the RE2 and RE3 remakes, then I wouldn’t mind. I just don’t want a repeat of the RE4-RE6 era, where the games seemed to mimick the bullshit from the movies.

That is really funny. I am off the biggest RE 4 haters on the planet it let me abandom the series for decades but I really love RE 8. I can see nothing from 4 in 8. 8 has a better story. It is connected with the last part. Unlike 4. that killed off Umbrella in the mos unbelievable way ever. After the tease the end of Umbrella in Code Veronica Umbrella went bankrupt all of the sudden.

And what is the matter with Super Leon? His Super powers have never been explained. Goverment Training is weak explanation for the super powers he showed. Ok Ethan is also over the top for an ordinary civilian but well things are not as they seem. I cannot say more for spoiler reasons.

But I am not saying that Re 4 is a bad game it just does not deserve the title Resident Evil. And calling it Resident Evil4 is an insult.

That would be as lame if you would learn in the Star Wars Episode 6 credits that Palpatine died of heart attack and Vader was run over by a Star Destroyer and the new super enemy is the Janitor from the Second Deathstar. It would be laughable.

After a real Re 4 that shows the end of Umbrella a new game called the Adventures of Super Leon instead of 4 would not that bad. It was a good action game. But not a Resident Evil.

The game would also work if you Leon was challed Chad the secret Agent and Ada was called Lilly a enemy spy workin for a different country.

It would be the same game. No harm to the storyline at all. After all the story is just Super Hero rescues daughter of president from evil Leader. Sounds like Time Crisis 1 to me.

8 on the other hand has some deeper connections to the lore and it belongs way more the Re lore than 4 ever will.

Sorry for the rant but I warned every reader that I am on the biggest RE 4 haters on the planet:devilish:

Last edited:
Gonna restart Dragon Force for the 3rd time now, this game has made a total ass of me. It is SUPER cool though, I'm glad I finally took the time to sit down and figure out at least the basics.

That is really funny. I am off the biggest RE 4 haters on the planet it let me abandom the series for decades but I really love RE 8. I can see nothing from 4 in 8. 8 has a better story. It is connected with the last part. Unlike 4. that killed off Umbrella in the mos unbelievable way ever. After the tease the end of Umbrella in Code Veronica Umbrella went bankrupt all of the sudden.

And what is the matter with Super Leon? His Super powers have never been explained. Goverment Training is weak explanation for the super powers he showed. Ok Ethan is also over the top for an ordinary civilian but well things are not as they seem. I cannot say more for spoiler reasons.

But I am not saying that Re 4 is a bad game it just does not deserve the title Resident Evil. And calling it Resident Evil4 is an insult.

That would be as lame if you would learn in the Star Wars Episode 6 credits that Palpatine died of heart attack and Vader was run over by a Star Destroyer and the new super enemy is the Janitor from the Second Deathstar. It would be laughable.

After a real Re 4 that shows the end of Umbrella a new game called the Adventures of Super Leon instead of 4 would not that bad. It was a good action game. But not a Resident Evil.

The game would also work if you Leon was challed Chad the secret Agent and Ada was called Lilly a enemy spy workin for a different country.

It would be the same game. No harm to the storyline at all. After all the story is just Super Hero rescues daughter of president from evil Leader. Sounds like Time Crisis 1 to me.

8 on the other hand has some deeper connections to the lore and it belongs way more the Re lore than 4 ever will.

Sorry for the rant but I warned every reader that I am on the biggest RE 4 haters on the planet:devilish:
I liked RE4, but for some reason I also love seeing people hate on it. Is it the insufferable contrarian blood flowing through my veins? The feeling that CV should be the most beloved RE instead? The possibilities are endless.

The Famicon Detective club games remakes by mages rite now. Playing through it, I'm surprised this didn't spawn more entries. The story isn't anything new, but the execution is quite well done. It has potentials. Wonder why it was killed in the first place. Was a successful IP apparently back in the day based on the game's history.

Back