What are you playing?

It Takes 2 is multiplayer only; online or offline. I've only been playing the Far Cry games since Far Cry 4. I don't follow the story too much but I already hate the antagonist and know what he's trying to achieve.
Thanks! Far Cry 3 and Primal are must plays if you haven't tried them. Is the antagonist in FC 6 worthy of hate because he's rotten or is it more of a 'this character is lame' type of hate? From the previews it seems like the actor did a really good job being despicable.

Thanks! Far Cry 3 and Primal are must plays if you haven't tried them. Is the antagonist in FC 6 worthy of hate because he's rotten or is it more of a 'this character is lame' type of hate? From the previews it seems like the actor did a really good job being despicable.
The actor, and the fact he's deluded in think the end justifies the means. I'm only a couple hours in so not much to go off yet. I only play the co-op titles as I don't think it's a game I would enjoy much playing by myself.

1636369480269.png

Finished with this for now, did as many of the side quests etc. as I was able to find, had a lot of fun maxing out the fighting systems and businesses too.

1636369583739.png

Having played through the PS2 version of this a few years ago I knew it would be somewhat of a downgrade to 0 in terms of story etc. It's also quite hard coming from a fully upgraded character to starting out again, I am not enjoying the feeling of being nerfed, I hope with enough talent points the combat becomes more enjoyable because the first major encounters have been pretty dogshit. Also I miss playing Goro.

I've been playing First Class Trouble with PS+

A fun little game, basically Among Us with an actual budget. It has a bit of jank in it's animation but the game is still a lot of fun - if you have PS+ give it a go!

I've been playing First Class Trouble as well. It's fun when you have a group of people you play with on your friends list. Randoms... well... if you're not on a mic then you may be choked to death automatically. Just saying.... get on a mic.

Alright played Forza Horizon 5 one hour yesterday

HOLY

JESUS

FUCKING

CHRIST
Lol is that a good reaction or a bad one? I've read that people are giving it a 10/10 and it looks really good graphically but I'm curious about the one deal breaker with all the other Forza Horizon games....crash/impact damage display? Do the cars still show no damage/little damage when they hit something? Or did they finally improve that aspect? I thought the gameplay of the first 4 Forza Horizon games were really nice, but the no damage is a deal breaker for me, which is why I usually just play NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 when I get a racing itch, but Forza 5 does look exceptional.

View attachment 13392

Finished with this for now, did as many of the side quests etc. as I was able to find, had a lot of fun maxing out the fighting systems and businesses too.

View attachment 13393

Having played through the PS2 version of this a few years ago I knew it would be somewhat of a downgrade to 0 in terms of story etc. It's also quite hard coming from a fully upgraded character to starting out again, I am not enjoying the feeling of being nerfed, I hope with enough talent points the combat becomes more enjoyable because the first major encounters have been pretty dogshit. Also I miss playing Goro.

I think you meant gameplay, replay and sounds/graphics, 'cause they're isn't any realm where 0 has a better-written story than 1.

Lol is that a good reaction or a bad one? I've read that people are giving it a 10/10 and it looks really good graphically but I'm curious about the one deal breaker with all the other Forza Horizon games....crash/impact damage display? Do the cars still show no damage/little damage when they hit something? Or did they finally improve that aspect? I thought the gameplay of the first 4 Forza Horizon games were really nice, but the no damage is a deal breaker for me, which is why I usually just play NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 when I get a racing itch, but Forza 5 does look exceptional.
It's a good reaction lol.
Yes, it has damage. Dont know if "massive destruction" but yeah, it has visible damage.

It's a good reaction lol.
Yes, it has damage. Dont know if "massive destruction" but yeah, it has visible damage.
Thanks for the info! I think I'll give Forza 5 a try. If I hit a wall at 200 MPH I expect the entire front of the car to be crumpled up to the windsheild, I never understood why Forza leaned away from that design choice. Glad to hear Forza 5 fixes that. Regarding previous Forza Horizon titles: San Francisco RUSH for N64 which was a great game in its time had damage to the cars back in the 90s, so it's always baffled me how many realistic type racing games in the last 20 years get high reviews when they don't have damage physics. To me that would seem reasonable to be an automatic 6/10 rating at best. Even Burnout Paradise which has fake cars had damage physics.

Thanks for the info! I think I'll give Forza 5 a try. If I hit a wall at 200 MPH I expect the entire front of the car to be crumpled up to the windsheild, I never understood why Forza leaned away from that design choice. Glad to hear Forza 5 fixes that. Regarding previous Forza Horizon titles: San Francisco RUSH for N64 which was a great game in its time had damage to the cars back in the 90s, so it's always baffled me how many realistic type racing games in the last 20 years get high reviews when they don't have damage physics. To me that would seem reasonable to be an automatic 6/10 rating at best. Even Burnout Paradise which has fake cars had damage physics.
Well Idk if that'd happen lol.

Wait a few minutes and I'll show you some screenshots.

Edit: lol wont launch. I think it's a problem of Microsoft.

Last edited:
Well Idk if that'd happen lol.

Wait a few minutes and I'll show you some screenshots.

Edit: lol wont launch. I think it's a problem of Microsoft.
Okayyy I had to reinstall the whole game! Damn it

Lemme see what i can do for you:

1636595761358.png

1636595851342.png

1636595872048.png
Okay I think this is the max level of destruction. Is this enough? Its not massive but eh it's not Gran Turismo 4 lol.

Last edited:
Playing through the GTA remasters for work. Gotta say I’m loving the revised controls. I’ve tried going back to these games several times over the years, but just couldn’t get past how poorly they controlled. These remasters fix that, which is all I really wanted. Scenery looks pretty good in places too which is a nice bonus, but the character models are ass; maybe even more so than the originals.

Looking back at the graphics of the original games really does make Shenmue all the more impressive. San Andreas was released in 2004, yet Shenmue looks infinitely better. For whatever reason I’d always remembered the original GTA 3D trilogy as having been not too far behind Shenmue in terms of visuals, but looking at the two series side by side today (even the remasters), it’s not even close.

Okayyy I had to reinstall the whole game! Damn it

Lemme see what i can do for you:

View attachment 13407

View attachment 13408

View attachment 13409
Okay I this this is the max level of destruction. Is this enough? Its not massive but eh it's not Gran Turismo 4 lol.

2.jpg1.jpg
Thanks for taking the time to take screenshots! It looks ok if you hit a cactus or a shopping cart at the grocery store or a low speed impact, not quite convincing if you hit a wall, another vehicle or anything else at racing speeds. It does look improved over the previous Forza damage models though. The photos above is more of what I'd be looking for. Either way, Forza Horizon 5 does look really beautiful and at least it has some realism in the damage, so I'm going to give it a try at some point. Are you playing on Series X, Series S or one of the Xbox One models? The graphics are very nice looking. Gran Turismo has always been unplayable since ps1 lol.

Playing through the GTA remasters for work. Gotta say I’m loving the revised controls. I’ve tried going back to these games several times over the years, but just couldn’t get past how poorly they controlled. These remasters fix that, which is all I really wanted. Scenery looks pretty good in places too which is a nice bonus, but the character models are ass; maybe even more so than the originals.

Looking back at the graphics of the original games really does make Shenmue all the more impressive. San Andreas was released in 2004, yet Shenmue looks infinitely better. For whatever reason I’d always remembered the original GTA 3D trilogy as having been not too far behind Shenmue in terms of visuals, but looking at the two series side by side today (even the remasters), it’s not even close.
Tommy Vercetti in the preview of the remake looks worse than the original for sure. I haven't bothered playing it yet but I'm wondering is there anything else that really sets it apart from the originals other than graphics and controls being refreshed?

I always felt GTA looked more cartoonish in its era whereas Shenmue looked realistic for its time. GTA looks even more cartoonish now with the newer graphics it seems.

View attachment 13412View attachment 13413
Thanks for taking the time to take screenshots! It looks ok if you hit a cactus or a shopping cart at the grocery store or a low speed impact, not quite convincing if you hit a wall, another vehicle or anything else at racing speeds. It does look improved over the previous Forza damage models though. The photos above is more of what I'd be looking for. Either way, Forza Horizon 5 does look really beautiful and at least it has some realism in the damage, so I'm going to give it a try at some point. Are you playing on Series X, Series S or one of the Xbox One models? The graphics are very nice looking. Gran Turismo has always been unplayable since ps1 lol.
Lol well its not like that BUT I have to say in favour of the game, that I'm not seeing A LOT of places where I can destroy my car. There are some buildings of course but you cant crash them at 300km/h because of the track, it took me a couple of minutes to do those damages. I tried to crash into a mountain but there was some stuff that made me jump so I cant give it a full impact, basically seems like the game its made to not be available to fully crash your car in case you want to do it (and in case you do it, the lv of destruction its what you saw of my pics anyway).

Yes, I like more Forza Motorsport because seems more like Gran Turismo and I played that series when i was a child, so I see FM more "like home" and Horizon seems more "do what you want dude" and I kinda dont like that, but still, its a great game. Graphically its next gen, finally, this is real next gen. I'm playing it on a pc with a 3060 and i5 9400F of 9th gen, 16gb of ram in 1080p at 60fps.

If you have gamepass you have to play it.

About what you said about GT, I played it till GT4. I missed the ps3 and ps4 era of GT, but still I'm not convince of the graphics anyway. And GT7 looks like a 2011 game in comparisson of FH5, so they will definetely delay it. They cant release it right now.

Lol well its not like that BUT I have to say in favour of the game, that I'm not seeing A LOT of places where I can destroy my car. There are some buildings of course but you cant crash them at 300km/h because of the track, it took me a couple of minutes to do those damages. I tried to crash into a mountain but there was some stuff that made me jump so I cant give it a full impact, basically seems like the game its made to not be available to fully crash your car in case you want to do it (and in case you do it, the lv of destruction its what you saw of my pics anyway).

Yes, I like more Forza Motorsport because seems more like Gran Turismo and I played that series when i was a child, so I see FM more "like home" and Horizon seems more "do what you want dude" and I kinda dont like that, but still, its a great game. Graphically its next gen, finally, this is real next gen. I'm playing it on a pc with a 3060 and i5 9400F of 9th gen, 16gb of ram in 1080p at 60fps.

If you have gamepass you have to play it.

About what you said about GT, I played it till GT4. I missed the ps3 and ps4 era of GT, but still I'm not convince of the graphics anyway. And GT7 looks like a 2011 game in comparisson of FH5, so they will definetely delay it. They cant release it right now.
I've read that games like Forza Horizon don't have damage physics because the car manufacturers don't want their cars looking damaged, but if you look at Need for Speed and GRID they have damage to real cars, its not just BeamNG or Burnout with fake cars that offers that. I feel it really lowers the value of the Forza franchise as a whole personally.

I don't care for Forza Motorsport at all, I don't like being on a race track but I did try Forza Motorsport 5, 6 and I think 7 was the last? They don't have the crash physics either. At least with Horizon its an open world to drive around which I prefer. Gran Turismo is one of the worst racing franchises I've ever played, I was never able to get into any of those. A lot of people I know were playing GT1 and GT2 in the 90s when I was playing Need For Speed 3 Hot Pursuit and San Francisco RUSH.

The Forza 5 graphics truly look great and I've been playing games this year on both Xbox Series and PS5 and haven't seen much difference yet, which I know its year 1, but it's nice to think that they'll finally start to phase out the XB1/PS4 last gen consoles so the newer ones can thrive and not be limited by attempting to make them for previous gens as well.

I don't have game pass at the moment, but theres another $1 trial for a month so I'll probably pick it up and try both Forza Horizon 5 and GTA San Andreas remake that came out today to see if the rest of the GTA trilogy is worth buying.

Do you like Horizon 5 better than the previous 4 titles?

Do you like Horizon 5 better than the previous 4 titles?
Oh I'm new at this, didnt have an xbox, just played FH4 in pc a bit, and like I said, it was good, but I'm not in love of open world racing games. Thats why I played more games like Project cars 2 or FM7

I loved the GT franchise. It was my childhood and I insist GT4 seems really good for being a ps2 game lol. I played thousands of hours of the first 4 GT games.

Oh I'm new at this, didnt have an xbox, just played FH4 in pc a bit, and like I said, it was good, but I'm not in love of open world racing games. Thats why I played more games like Project cars 2 or FM7

I loved the GT franchise. It was my childhood and I insist GT4 seems really good for being a ps2 game lol. I played thousands of hours of the first 4 GT games.
Have you played 2010's Need for Speed Hot Pursuit remaster that came out in 2020? It's not open world and seems to have a really nice balance of street racer vs police dynamics.

Back