What are you playing?

Okay, started FFVII Remake.

Just played half of the original game.

Seems great but knowing how long in the story the game is, I have the feeling I'm gonna do ubisoftians errands 75% of the game lol.

Okay, started FFVII Remake.

Just played half of the original game.

Seems great but knowing how long in the story the game is, I have the feeling I'm gonna do ubisoftians errands 75% of the game lol.
I am a gamer of little patience and the game kept me engrossed for the most part. Does get repetitive in areas but I did not think I was aimlessly running around for the most part.

I am a gamer of little patience and the game kept me engrossed for the most part. Does get repetitive in areas but I did not think I was aimlessly running around for the most part.
Seems cool so far.

My only problem its

This game is full of waifus

And my favourite one mostly gonna die i can feel it in my bones.

DONT KILL JESSIE YOU MOTHERFUCKERS

I downloaded Persona 5 Strikers on PS Plus. Though I loved Persona 5, after playing this for a minute, I can't bring myself to play this game (Strikers) any more. I hate the Musou games with a passion for their lack of effort. Graphically this game looks much better but the combat is pretty much the same as Dynasty Warriors from what I can see. What really gets to me is fighting hordes of enemies and they all have the exact same animation at the exact the same time when they are getting beat.

I downloaded Persona 5 Strikers on PS Plus. Though I loved Persona 5, after playing this for a minute, I can't bring myself to play this game (Strikers) any more. I hate the Musou games with a passion for their lack of effort. Graphically this game looks much better but the combat is pretty much the same as Dynasty Warriors from what I can see. What really gets to me is fighting hordes of enemies and they all have the exact same animation at the exact the same time when they are getting beat.

I’d started replaying Breath of the Wild…and subsequently Majora’s Mask and Wind Waker HD. Also Bayonetta. Just revisiting a lot of stuff I forgot I have on my WiiU. I’ll get back to Age of Calamity eventually…but I might even replay the first Hyrule Warriors before then lol. I’ve only played through Bayonetta 2 twice, one playthrough after the other when it first came out, so I’m interested to see how I’ll feel about it now. I remember liking all the designs and colors etc. but thinking it was a bit too easy and the story was not as good. Really hoping 3 comes this year.

Aaaalright finished God of War.

Now that I played it and RDR2 I can say easily that it's ABSOLUTELY NUTS that the goty wasnt RDR2. Nuts. No question about it.

Gameplay was great. The beginning of the game was a bit slow, and i hate the kid, but i hate all the kids so it's my fault probably.

At the end of the game the
Loki stuff was cool. The final fight too, but the "oh damn Freya now is mad at you and probably will be the villain in the next game cause we need an excuse to make this a series" was a bit lazy imo. But I'll take it

The talking head stole the game.

A neat little roguelike by the name of Dead Estate. It's pretty good; my only complaint is that movement feels kind of slow no matter which character you are playing as, which becomes really noticeable in no time at all.

I just finished Guardians of the Galaxy (PS5) last night so I'm free to move on to the new PS5 version of Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy. We'll see if the $10 upgrade is worth it. I'm also going to start replaying Mass Effect Andromeda (PS4) after having finished the Legendary Edition of the trilogy.

Funny enough, I loaded into one of my ME Andromeda save files and discovered that the game that at least had good graphics for its time, now looks worse than the trilogy after the Legendary Edition released last year. Not only worse in animations (which it already was) but now worse in overall graphics. Amazing.

I guess I am, "currently playing," through a season on NBA 2K2, up to 35 games I think. Am the Raptors (of course) and I still can't get over how well the game plays. All the 2K sports games, for that matter.

Decided to dive into older Tomb Raider games since they were less than $3 on sale. No where near as good as the 2013-2018 trilogy, and these aren't even must play like the newer trilogy is, but its still fun for what it is, and considering the generation it came out in.

This game on the other hand is worth every penny. Has a strong Shenmue vibe in many parts of it too. It doesn't run great on my pc, but even with it looking very outdated due to my graphics card it's still very beautiful and enjoyable. If you have a graphics card that can handle late 2021 high end games, this is worth getting for sure.

Playing the new Pokemon game for work. Ugly as sin and some of the new mechanics don’t land well at all, but it’s nice to see them making some changes to the formula nonetheless.

Decided to dive into older Tomb Raider games since they were less than $3 on sale. No where near as good as the 2013-2018 trilogy, and these aren't even must play like the newer trilogy is, but its still fun for what it is, and considering the generation it came out in.
It's easily time to replay Legend - Underworld. Maybe even the first 2-3 PS1 titles. I'd have happily bought HD remasters of them for the 25th anniversary but Square is completely clueless. They botched the 25th anniversary completely. It wasn't even a celebration.

I suppose I'll have to bust out the ol' PS2 at some point.

playing super mario u deluxe on the switch. i think i'm close to beating the last boss but i've come close to throwing the switch against a wall a few times. lol

i would like to get super mario Odyssey next.

Anyone who thought Shenmue 3 was a victim of poor game design really needs to play Pokemon Legends: Arceus for perspective. To complete the game, you need to catch every single Pokemon, but a handful of them only show up in special “space-time distortions” that have a random chance of spawning in every ten minutes or so. Here’s the kicker though, actually playing the game (catching and battling Pokemon) pauses the timer and so it’s better for players to sit around AFK and wait for one of these random events to trigger.

Over the course of the past few days I’ve probably spent the best part of five hours just waiting (to be fair I’ve been watching YouTube and dossing around on the internet as well) for these events to trigger and have only had two of them. To make matters even more frustrating, I’ve only managed to find one of the two Pokemon that I need on these rare occasions and so am still sitting around waiting for a chance to find the other as I type.

In case it’s not already clear, this is just me venting, though it does blow my mind that Shenmue 3 caught so much flack when PL:A has been heralded as one of the most innovative Pokemon games in years. To be clear, it’s not a terrible game by any stretch of the imagination, but some of the design choices really are baffling.

That seems to be the Pokemon pass - they can get away with just about anything since they've set their own standards so incredibly low. Unfortunate for games like Shenmue 3 and others that don't even have the same budget to work with.

Anyway, I haven't been playing much lately, just sorta working on my own game, but I'm interested in getting back to Eternal Radiance soon. There are just too many games coming out, with the Voice of Cards sequel coming and needing to finish the first one, and Elden Ring not long after. Don't seem to have time for everything only getting to play on the weekends.

Back