What are you playing?

Played Stray, I enjoyed it. Nice experience. Cdprojekt-red could learn one or two things about cyberpunk atmosphere.

Now I'm playing Digimon Survive. Not a fan of the series (only watched one series, I think Digimon 3? The one that MC with a red dinosaur) and played Digimon World 1 as a child (loved it).

It's REALLY good so far (chapter 3). Stuff that I wasnt expecting to happen, and I'm not a fan of visual novels at all. This was a nice surprise.

I'm playing Shenmue... again. Lol.

I'm only focusing on set moves this time. The useful moves have animation speed, range of attack and simple button combinations, imo. The throws are useful too.

The cyclone kick is a godsend for mobs.

Finished Digimon Survive. Really good surprise, I recommend it. It's 80% VN and you can skip the battles if you change the difficult to very easy, BUT you cant change it back (or at least i didnt find the option), so think about it if you want to change the difficult when you're stuck in a battle.

Now Idk what to play till the release of Soulhackers 2. I bought Dragon's dogma so maybe...

my ps+ was ending so i took up the offer of upgrading to premium for a few pounds mainly because i wanted to play resident evil code veronica. last time i played that game was on the dreamcast.

im a big fan of resident evil 2&3 on the ps1(ps3), but code veronica is terrible. it's mainly the game design and save points which are a problem. some of the boss fights are ridiculously hard if you don't have the correct weapons/ammo. i had to keep going back into old saves and starting again... i gave up on the last boss. i didn't have the correct weapons and it wasn't fun like resident evil2 or 3. the story is also pretty crap.. i dont think it deserves a remake.

i did try out some of the other games on ps+ premium. the steaming (instead of downloading) is a bit hit and miss. sometimes it's perfect other times it's like playing online with a dial up modem.

if i was to resubscribe to ps+ it would only be to ps+ extra, for one month to finnish ghosts of tsushima and returnal.. which i tried out.

ive also had Horizon Forbidden West (ps5), sitting on my shelf for 2 weeks. just been too lazy to start it lol

Last edited:
Been playing The Last of Us (Kiwami) on PS5. I liked the original enough to buy the remaster on PS4, and aside from being super woke, liked the sequel too. Having a good time with the remake. It’s gorgeous, and plays better than the original, which I always found a bit clunky. I remember this being the first game I noticed feeling odd for having that over the shoulder, always facing forward no matter which direction you’re facing-type of camera. I still don’t like it very much (nearly ruined the last God of War for me), but I’ve gotten a bit more used to it.

I was playing Seikiro on the ps4, but I cannot be arsed with it right now, so I decided to play Sword of Vermilion... again... but on the Nintendo Switch.

I dunno why Vermilion is considered to be crap. I enjoy the game.

Been playing through Dying Light 1 (again) and having lots of fun (again). One of my top favorite games. The sequel I've played and sadly it doesn't hold a candle to the original

Been playing through Dying Light 1 (again) and having lots of fun (again). One of my top favorite games. The sequel I've played and sadly it doesn't hold a candle to the original
I don’t know how many times I’ve started over in this game, thinking that this’ll be the time that I actually beat it. But nope. Just too terrifying for me 😂

I don’t know how many times I’ve started over in this game, thinking that this’ll be the time that I actually beat it. But nope. Just too terrifying for me 😂
Me and Alien Isolation? Nah
Did I cried like small kid when Martha first encounter in Outlast 2? Omg no no, where you heard that.

I can still feel the mess in my pants.

I was playing Seikiro on the ps4, but I cannot be arsed with it right now, so I decided to play Sword of Vermilion... again... but on the Nintendo Switch.

I dunno why Vermilion is considered to be crap. I enjoy the game.

I don't think people think it's necessarily, "crap," just that is isn't at the forefront of the genre and it came out at a time when Ninty was killing it with JRPGs.

Reputations like that hang on forever. Still haven't started it, but from everything I have seen and watched, it's absolutely no worse than a 7/10 game.

I was going to wait until I finished both but it seems the second game is significantly longer.

Been going through both the Dusk Diver games. Replaying the first, I think I enjoyed it more this time around with understanding a bit more of the battle system, where some difficulty spikes are, how to level, etc. Don’t know if they updated the script at all since I last played but I remember it being more of a jank translation…in fact I had a similar experience with Summer Sweetheart, but maybe that’s just my poor memory.

Second game I watched a few reviews on, I can see where some of them are coming from in some parts but ultimately so far I feel it is overall a better game…not totally 100% a better experience necessarily, but there was more thought and polish out into this. Levels seem much more distinct, better opportunities to grind for exp and material now, just more qol stuff in general. They say enemies are sponges, true enough, but I feel that’s an issue of being like a Platinum game where it’s going to feel bad if you’re not good at it. Once you understand the mechanics more, it seems like fights can be over pretty fast if you use your skills effectively. But that also seems to depend on which character you use, maybe even switch between them at good times between combos.

Hopefully the ending will feel satisfying and not some cliffhanger.

I don't think people think it's necessarily, "crap," just that is isn't at the forefront of the genre and it came out at a time when Ninty was killing it with JRPGs.

Reputations like that hang on forever. Still haven't started it, but from everything I have seen and watched, it's absolutely no worse than a 7/10 game.

The game received good review scores in magazines for a 1989 game, but I noticed that gamers today are applying their standards to an experimental jrpg which was made 33 years ago.

The localisation is pretty good too. Better than the translations the original Phantasy Star series received.

Eh, I like it. That's just me, lol.

Well, I went from thinking Hollow Knight is nothing to special to---30 hours later, thinking it's one of the greatest games I've ever played. What an experience, and I'm not done. I actually deleted it after an hour, cuz I thought it wasn't even as interesting as Bloodstained. I was so wrong. Easily the best 2D platformer I've played since Sonic Mania (lol), and definitely as good as the classics. Bloodstained's a great formula game; Hollow Knight is an evolution of the form.

Well, I went from thinking Hollow Knight is nothing to special to---30 hours later, thinking it's one of the greatest games I've ever played. What an experience, and I'm not done. I actually deleted it after an hour, cuz I thought it wasn't even as interesting as Bloodstained. I was so wrong. Easily the best 2D platformer I've played since Sonic Mania (lol), and definitely as good as the classics. Bloodstained's a great formula game; Hollow Knight is an evolution of the form.

Hollow Knight is interesting. I need to resume my playthrough of that game.

Hollow Knight is interesting. I need to resume my playthrough of that game.
It’s worth it, but definitely will overwhelm you a bit if you’re resuming an old game. I have never enjoyed back tracking and blindly wandering a game so much. I have not consulted any walk throughs, which I did many times while playing Bloodstained. Everything feels so expertly designed and intentional. That’s why I think it’s one of the best games I’ve ever played. As I age my patience for obtuse and difficult games diminishes, yet this game is so well designed that I’m actually enjoying an obtuse and difficult game for once. The bosses are so old school and pattern-based as well, which is great.

Back