What are you playing?

Elden Ring has to be the greatest game I've ever played that is woefully unrewarding. There've been so many times I've had juicy hours of progression truly wasted because of its relentless difficulty, that it's been hard for me to not take it personally. šŸ˜‚

anyone started god of war ragnarok yet?

Just picked it up, plan on starting it later today. I actually deliberately didnā€™t replay the original in preparation for this as I understand the sequel is more iterative. So I hope combat, puzzles and game feels more fresh.

Reactions: red
Iā€™ve been playing Ragnarok too. I still donā€™t like the constant-strafing camera (like in The Last of Us and Batman: Arkham Knight), but itā€™s fun. Iā€™m not into mythology at all though, so all these terms and names the characters are throwing around got me like, ā€œwhat in the HELL are they talking about?ā€ šŸ˜‚

I am 10-15ish hours into the game. I really enjoyed GOW 2018 but this isn't grabbing me nearly as much. The art direction and HDR is amazing but clearly, it's not taking advantage of the PS5. Despite visuals that aren't groundbreaking it just feels so...samey for lack of better terms.

Also, for those that complained about Shenmue 3 menus and UI, this might be one of the worst big-budget game I've played. I generally play game HUDless but the menus, sub-menus for upgrades, armor ect is such a chore.

I'm having a break from playing Hollow Knight's Pantheon dlc content, so I played Landstalker for a couple of days on my Nintendo Switch. It's part of the Sega Mega Drive Collection.

The controls are somewhat clunky for an isometric action jrpg, but this is from the 16 bit era. It's actually good despite its flaws.

Well, finished P5R and I have like 27 more days of gamepass, so I'm gonna start Pentiment and gonna download F5H again to play a bit.

I finally beat Mean Bean Machine on the Genesis (I don't like or am good at, Puzzle Games), which I've been trying to do for nearly a decade lol.

I recently changed my Puyo strategy up (it's the only puzzle series I play with any sort of frequency) to dumping a bunch of puyos on each side, based on colour and then starting my lines in earnest, right after that.

It helps for combos, but can bite you in the rear against later opponents as they are too fast for this strategy, but it has been working a lot more for me than other strategies have in the past.

I have finished The Devil in Me yesterday.

I had fun and would give it 8/10 points. If you like the super massive gameplay style I would recommend it. It even has a bit more gameplay then the previous titles. That's a great extra feature but it still far away from real game of course.

Iā€™ve mostly been having fun with Pokemon Scarlet. After the utter disappointment that was Sonic Frontiers, I was fully expecting this to be yet another train wreck, and donā€™t get me wrong - the lack of polish is pretty absurd here considering even low budget indie devs have made prettier games that run better on the Switch, hell even the WiiU. Itā€™s a wonder Iā€™ve only had one crash so far and only very minor visual bugs. That all said, Iā€™m pleasantly surprised itā€™s the most fun Iā€™ve had with the series since gen 2, in spite of more glaring flaws.

To put into context, Iā€™m sure I have here before, but I beat Sapphire and barely have much memory of it due to disappointment with it, barely touched Platinum, didnā€™t play much else til X/Y or Moon and couldnā€™t be bothered to complete those either. Sword showed some promise but ultimately I felt tricked with all the talk of more open areas just to be railroaded on linear paths anyways, and for all the good the story had it seemed to go nowhere interesting. I straight up skipped Arcues because all the design decisions seemed terrible, and the overall performance seemed awful. The fact that S/V is even worse somehow did not bode well for it, but for whatever reason I felt compelled to try it.

So there are still a lot of issues with this game for sure so far, but the training wheels being taken off(a couple hours in) definitely goes a long way to making it a far more enjoyable experience just by itself. Iā€™ve heard some talk of whiners being butthurt about lack of scaling but I liken it to Fallout 3 or New Vegas especially where you had to actually think about how and where you travel. Enemies that scale to your level would not only make leveling pointless but also make the open ended nature moot if everything was generally safe to explore.

Speaking of I swear there must just be a lot of asshat contrarianā€™s because Iā€™ve also seen complaints about some of the music, Toby Fox in particularā€¦are we talking the same guy? The one whose games are, if for nothing else, known for their incredible soundtracks? To me the stuff heā€™s worked on here stand out even among the other tracks. Iā€™ve got so tired of the overly upbeat music from games in between and long for more unique and genuine stuff.

Thereā€™s plenty of variety to choose from in regards to pokemon, and now I love to make entire teams specific to each challenge, though itā€™s getting a bit tiresome grinding now towards the last third of the game. I suppose if thereā€™s one major aspect I donā€™t like itā€™s the lack of dungeons or much else to preoccupy ourselves with, nothing to functionally make the towns all that different. The new team is good and down to earth a bit but itā€™s just a shame so far that their bases are really just short mini games.

Well Iā€™ve got a bunch of things on Steam and Switch sales, but really should just focus on one game at a time before the end of the year. Need to finish Dusk Diver 2 but also want to try out Evil West.

Having a bit of a back-and-forth time with God of War: Ragnarok. I was never too fond of the combat/camera combination from the previous game, but I worked my way through it. I think my biggest problem with the game is just how I canā€™t follow anything story-wise. Iā€™m not really into mythology at all, but Iā€™ve a passing interest in Greek mythology. All this Norse stuff is just flying over my head, and like the previous game, all the lore is thrown at the player nonstop šŸ˜‚. The core story, the father/son relationship is incredibly interesting and well done though, and thatā€™s the reason I keep pushing on with the game.

Having a bit of a back-and-forth time with God of War: Ragnarok. I was never too fond of the combat/camera combination from the previous game, but I worked my way through it. I think my biggest problem with the game is just how I canā€™t follow anything story-wise. Iā€™m not really into mythology at all, but Iā€™ve a passing interest in Greek mythology. All this Norse stuff is just flying over my head, and like the previous game, all the lore is thrown at the player nonstop šŸ˜‚. The core story, the father/son relationship is incredibly interesting and well done though, and thatā€™s the reason I keep pushing on with the game.
Yeah I didnt like the story in the first one, and i've seen a video explaining the narrative of this one and Lord Jesus, they throw you 27 things in a few hours, it's a lot. I think they kinda rushed it.

The gameplay imo was the best thing of the previous one. And I wasnt convinced at all when I saw the change, but through the game I loved it.

i'm playing forbidden west (ps5) and i just downloaded warzone 2 (ps5)

slowly getting into forbidden west. the graphics settings seem to make a big difference. if i remember correctly, i think it's the Resolution mode which looks best. good game but the only problem i'm running into, is that i keep forgetting the button combination for different tools etc.

warzone 2 is pretty good. they make use of the ps5's adaptive triggers, which is cool. sniper rilfes are terrible in W2, i don't remember them being that bad in W1. there is some other little things they have added to warzone 2, like hearing an enemy player's talking via mic, if they are close by ( not sure if all, but it's definitely in single player mode).. i had a player trying to negotiate a temporary truce.. nope. lol.

Last edited:
Put about thirty hours into Lost Judgment so far, the majority of that time being side stuff. Not enjoying it as much as I was the original by this point, but I'm only on chapter four, so plenty to go. Enjoying it regardless, though.

Anyone got any tips for Motorcycle Club? The jankiness of that shit is doing my head in to the point that I'm considering never touching it again.

It's not too hard, just gotta get the timing down of the, "attacks," that's all.

Many have said that about LJ, but I can wholeheartedly say that it is the better game than the first; the plot doesn't resonate with everyone (because bullying doesn't affect everyone, past or present), but it is a borderline work of art in terms of how they handled the topic of bullying and while there is a TON of side stuff, it makes it all worth it in the end and has to do with the main plot as well... in parts.

Good Lord, I'm enjoying Pentiment so much. What a great game, I really recommend it.

It's not too hard, just gotta get the timing down of the, "attacks," that's all.

Many have said that about LJ, but I can wholeheartedly say that it is the better game than the first; the plot doesn't resonate with everyone (because bullying doesn't affect everyone, past or present), but it is a borderline work of art in terms of how they handled the topic of bullying and while there is a TON of side stuff, it makes it all worth it in the end and has to do with the main plot as well... in parts.
Thanks, babe. I'll really focus on upgrades, too, despite how goddamn expensive they are.

Oh, don't get me wrong: if Judgment is a 10/10, then Lost Judgment is around the 8/10 mark, and there is still so much more of it to go. The story is starting to increase in intensity right now, so I foresee me loving the game very soon.

Death Stranding: Directorā€™s Cut (PS5): Bought this for $20 the other day. Iā€™ve been wanting to give this a try since it originally came out, but honestly wasnā€™t sure if I was willing to pay full price for a game I wasnā€™t 100% on. It looked amazing and the atmosphere was intriguing enough, but damn the actual gameplay looked iffy as hell to me. My cousin eventually lent me his copy and I played an hour or two, but it just didnā€™t hold my attention enough. Or rather, I wasnā€™t invested enough to commit to it.

So I decided to give it another try. I canā€™t say that I like it just yet. Iā€™m further than I was before, but Iā€™m trying man. I feel like Iā€™m understanding the concepts/lore a bit better than God of War: Ragnarok, but thatā€™s not saying much. I love the atmosphere, and I found being taken by one of those BTā€™s terrifying. Strangely enough, I like the melee combat, as simple and dumbed down as it is. And I havenā€™t gotten bored with the traversal (yetā€¦). WAY too much exposition though, especially for something that basically seems like a high concept fetch-quest game. But, Iā€™ll stick with it.

Back