What are your next-gen expectations?

Revan

Excuse me...gorgeous
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Uncharted 4
With the Xbox Scarlett and PlayStation 5 launching in 2020, I'm curious what you guys are hoping to get out of this new console generation?

Given Shenmue's comeback and YS Net's commitment to getting the story done as soon as possible, I expect this will be a very important console generation for Shenmue fans to follow.

I'd personally just be content with the following:

Xbox Scarlett
  • Significantly expand the Backwards Compatibility library to include lots more Original Xbox/Xbox 360 games, making this the ultimate system for 2001-2013 enhanced retro gaming bliss.
PlayStation 5
  • Finish the Shenmue saga in one or two more sequels. I don't see this series going on another hiatus before experiencing yet another grand revival on the PlayStation 6. It's now or never.
  • Give me sequels to PlayStation 4 hits which I thoroughly enjoyed this gen (e.g. Spider-Man 2).

I say VR is certainly going to evolve, but rather slowly. As seen since the PS3, XBox 360 and WiiU generation, game consoles are becoming multimedia devices and we’re going to see an evolution of that. Maybe skype support with the webcams and with VR for all we know. Other than that, kick ass games for sure.

As @RyoHazuki84 stated a great library of games. I've heard rumors that the PS5 gpu will perform somewhere between a RTX 2070/ RTX 2080. At the end of the day I believe the next gen consoles will be a upgrade from current gen consoles just not a huge one.

Back