What are your Shenmue 3 plans?

Started my replay of Shenmue 1 HD this past weekend to help ease the torture.

Hoping that this replay of 1 & 2 will take up my entire summer until August 27th. But knowing me, my self-control sucks and I'll most likely end up blazing through the story and beating both games by next week.

There should be a contest of who could play through Shenmue I & II the longest without a bad ending to completion and closest to the release of Shenmue III...opposite of a speedrun...perhaps a Shenwalk?

Not the same thing, but here's a speedwalk (as fast as possible, no running, no Area Jump, no skipping dialogue, no glitches):

If glitches are allowed I think I currently hold the record for longest time playing without a bad ending, as I have a save file in Kowloon in March 1988 that I've taken to completion but also can continue indefinitely...

Sax by candlelight.

Imagine using a time machine to send a copy of this magazine back to Shenmue fans somewhere near 2010 when all hope was already lost.

20190223-104843.jpg

(In a more serious note, I'm somewhat short on funds but I think I can buy Shenmue I & II for the PS4 next month. I want to really immerse myself in them before going in on Shenmue 3 and anything else won't do -- it's like watching the last season of LOST if you've never watched any episodes before, for a lack of a better analogy)

The timing of it is incredible in a lot of ways. I've got friends getting ready for the push to level when world of warcraft classic comes out. So I'm here thinking that I will use some leave time to invest in both depending on how much time I have off.

Recently set an iPhone Reminder for Tuesday 27/8, of course. Then an iCal (err, Calendar) event for the day of, with two custom noticifications one month prior on Tuesday, July 30th as well as one week prior on Tue, August 20.

Low key hype...

Here, let me help you.

I asked permision to take 7 days off and my manager said yes. From August 26 to September 3rd. Im back the 4rth...Im so excited to be able to play Shenmue 3 day and night. Im going to take my time to explore everything and not rush the game.

Playing through Shenmue 2 to finish it as I am the half way point. Then replay Shenmue again.

I asked permision to take 7 days off and my manager said yes. From August 26 to September 3rd. Im back the 4rth...Im so excited to be able to play Shenmue 3 day and night. Im going to take my time to explore everything and not rush the game.
I am Happy u get this days off dir your work ..To get alot Time to play shenmue 3 ?❤

Began a quick run tonight of Shenmue llx leading upto August 27; should be finished within 6 to 8 days--solid 2.5 months between Shenmue lll. Plan to play Shen3 isolated, then for a second play, I'll go straight through from Shen2DC (after a short break with either Yakuza 1 or Last Guardian).

Next time I play Shenmue chapter 1, it'll be following Shenmue 3. Definitely going to treat it as a "zero" prequel, which is according to original planning/development. Playing order will be 2-3-1 on PS4,

Get a really nice bottle of whiskey, start the game up, make a toast and marvel at the screen for a bit. Maybe have a good laugh/sigh, I will probably space out about getting to play S3. While not playing S3 at the same time. If that makes sense.

I still haven't decided if am going to rush through the game or take my time.

Maybe do both. 2 hours rushing with 2 hours taking my time.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.

Going to take my time with it,and try to finish the game on different difficulty levels. There are 4 difficulty levels to choose from,something available for the 1st time ever in a Shenmue game. Not sure I will try all 4,but definitely the 1st 2,starting with the easiest mode.

Back