What bad game would you like to remake?

i agree about mgsV but i wouldn't want a remake of it. i think you can find it on youtube but the real ending to mgs5 is told in a series of unfinished storyboards and concept art. :cautious:

i think nearly every mgs fan wants a remake of mgs3. ive got a feeling it will happen soon 🤞+ a full remake of peace walker would be cool... i personally would much rather a mgs3 remake then a mgs1 one which everyone is currently talking about - the gamecube mgs remake was fun and looked great but i remember it being not very groundbreaking and the first person view killed some parts and maked them too easy- ie boss battles etc.

while we are talking about mgs, i would vote for a remake of metal gear 1987 and metal gear 2. even as a mgs fan, i find it very hard to play those type retro games. ( both games are included with the ps3 mgs he collection but i've barely touched them.)

for the future of mgs i would very much like kojima to collaborate with another game creator, maybe someone from europe or usa? it's just that someone needs to rain kojima in a little bit ( imo mgs5 and death stranding were a mess) + as mgs is a japanese take on american culture / action movies, having a westerner juxtapose it with their take on japanese culture, might be pretty cool.
Yeah you're right. I don't think I want a remake of V either. But if so, I'd like a shorter version and not an open world.
I care more about a remake of 3 than a remake of the 1st game.

I totally agree, they should make a remake of the first Metal Gear games and I wouldn't mind if they called it MGS "6" and "7".

Talking about MGS3. I would love if they made the game longer with more stuff happening in-between. And more alternative ways to walk towards the same destination. In MGS3 you had many alternative paths to walk and I liked that sense/feeling of not walking in a straight line. It felt more organic and I would like to see more of that in a remake. It felt like a stealth mission. It was the perfect balance between a confined area and exploring a larger area. Nothing was too big or too small. But MGSV was to large in size with lack of direction, so spread out and repeating/having missions in the exact same spot over and over again made it feel like a mess.

Not a bad game, it was just way ahead of it's time . The tech was not advanced enough around that time to do the great ideas presented in that game justice.

Not a bad game, it was just way ahead of it's time . The tech was not advanced enough around that time to do the great ideas presented in that game justice.

There have been at least two fan remakes which started development but never finished, shame they didn't work together.

The Bouncer. I loved the game, but others consider it a huge disappointment or purely awful game. Make the story longer, add some more moves, destructible environments, weapons, remixed soundtrack, longer fight segments.

Street Fighter Ex3. Again, I loved it, but others kinda didn't. Give me a regular arcade mode and not just that random match style mode. Customize characters. Remixed soundtrack.

Most Sonic games from the last 15 years could fit this category.

Some are total disasters that are not salvageable (Forces, 2006 or 4). But for example Sonic Lost World would benefit immensely with a rehaul of the game physics and game combat. Sonic Generations was good, but the classic Sonic physics could improve too. Sonic Unleashed could get rid of (or heavily shorten) the Werehog sections.

Metal Gear Solid V — people can rag on MGS4 all they want, but at least MGS4 told a complete story (as gonzo as it was). Sure, it could do with more gameplay. But at least the story was a complete one in MGS4. MGSV on the other hand? A mess of a story that goes nowhere. Gameplay was decent if not repetitive but man the story was such a let down in this game. Maybe my most disappointing game of last generation And one that so desperately needs if not a remake then a directors cut.

Even Shenmue III didn't disappoint me as much as this did. Shenmue III at the very least gave me more of the same and at least gave me another chance to play in that world. MGS V on the other hand, I expected more from this and got so little in return. I will forever be perplexed how it got perfect scores from some gaming outlets.

Last edited:
Koudelka (the precursor to the Shadow Hearts series) has potential, but its original execution is flawed for numerous reasons.

Whosoever buys the gaming rights of Sacnoth should consider revisiting this game.

While I by NO MEANS consider this a bad game, some do - and all could admit it's at least divisive. A remake of Final Fantasy VIII could be the be best modern FF game in my opinion. The depth of the Junction system, the characters and epic story, the environments all have so much untapped potential with most players only really scratching the surface of what's there on a first play through, largely due to issues of (a confusing) presentation, large scope and technological limitations. Despite its flaws, FF8 is my favourite in the series and playing through it today with FF7R as a benchmark I can't help but think the potential is huge.

Metal Gear Solid V — people can rag on MGS4 all they want, but at least MGS4 told a complete story (as gonzo as it was). Sure, it could do with more gameplay. But at least the story was a complete one in MGS4. MGSV on the other hand? A mess of a story that goes nowhere. Gameplay was decent if not repetitive but man the story was such a let down in this game. Maybe my most disappointing game of last generation And one that so desperately needs if not a remake then a directors cut.
100% but i have little interest in mgs5 apart from the game Engine which seemed to run mgs3 really well.

as for the future of mgs. there is some rumours that mgs1-3 are being remade for ps5. i would be 100% behind that.. or even a second metal gear rising game would be cool.

but all this talk of mgs remakes reminds me of one of the big problems i found playing with mgs1(ps1) vs mgs1 - twin snakes ( gamecube remake). was that a lot of the cool little features which made the ps1 game unique were totally destroyed when Applied to the mgs2 game Engine. for example the use of first person view with the handgun made the remake way to easy and almost not fun ( enemy encounters / boss fights were too easy) - makes me wonder how they could make a ps5 version of mgs1 without ruining it....do you create amazing graphics while being faithful to the PS1 classic - restricted view to top down only and no first person handguns etc?.. personally i think that is the only way you can successfully remake mgs1, unless you totally redesign the game.

Last edited:
Revisiting my pick above, I actually watched the non-loading screen and racing bits of the game (menus, selection screen, etc.) and I actually think this game legitimately has potential; I don't know how big of a market it could have, but I think the team behind it had lofty goals and expectations, especially with the potential for customization and the like, but were either:

1. Too inexperienced
2. Too short-staffed
3. Too short on funds
4. All of the above

Would love to see a pre-war/directly post-war F1 game, 100%.

Metal Gear Solid V — people can rag on MGS4 all they want, but at least MGS4 told a complete story (as gonzo as it was). Sure, it could do with more gameplay. But at least the story was a complete one in MGS4. MGSV on the other hand? A mess of a story that goes nowhere. The gameplay was decent if not repetitive but man the story was such a letdown in this game. Maybe my most disappointing game of the last generation And one that so desperately needs if not a remake then a director's cut.

Even Shenmue III didn't disappoint me as much as this did. Shenmue III at the very least gave me more of the same and at least gave me another chance to play in that world. MGS V on the other hand, I expected more from this and got so little in return. I will forever be perplexed how it got perfect scores from some gaming outlets.
I know I am in the minority, but I respectfully disagree with your assertion that the narrative for Metal Gear Solid V is a mediocre one. While the story was poorly executed, it's still a solid one. Let me ask you if the tapes in the game were cutscenes would anyone be criticizing the game for not having a plot?

The story in Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain acts as a bridge between Big Boss and his son Solid Snake by doing plenty of foreshadowing. I'll be providing some examples and how they connect to future games in the canon. So with that preface out the way, I'll begin.

- Diamond Dogs foreshadows the first Outer Heaven in Zanzibar Land

- The "One that Covers" parasites found within The End, Quiet, and The Skulls Unit foreshadow the use of nanomachines in future iterations.

- The Vocal Chord parasites foreshadow the use of the FoxDie virus.

- Metal Gear Sahelanthropus foreshadows both Metal Gear Ray and Rex

- The Skulls Unit foreshadows the use of super soldiers like the Frog Unit in Guns of the Patriots.

- Huey Emmerich foreshadowed what Hal Emmerich would have become if he had not had his epiphany after the events of Shadow Moses.

- Psycho Mantis is shown as a tragic figure and how he meets with and befriended Liquid Snake.

- If Mission 51 had not been cut, we would have learned how deep the hatred Eli Liquid Snake had for his father and why he committed acts of global terrorism.

- Explains why Kazuhira Miller sided with Solid Snake in Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake against Big Boss

- Explains why Ocelot either killed or had someone else kill Miller before The Shadow Moses Incident

- Provides the nihilistic attitude that would spread throughout the rest of the story.

Finally, it covered several other elements that I think players tend to overlook. While this is no doubt a retcon, it provides a more realistic explanation as to how Big Boss survived Zanzibar Land. It deepened the tragic relationship between Zero and Big Boss in Guns of the Patriots by confirming that Zero felt the same way as Big Boss but could never express it due to Skullface. And last but not least, it showed how much stronger Solid Snake and Otacon were than their predecessors.

I don't think this game is perfect by any means (repetitive missions for one), but I largely disagree with critics about the narrative. On top of the awesome gameplay, you have a solid game that bridges the two eras as it was meant to. At least, that's how I see it.

Ironically, Shenmue III did not provide me with any of the answers I wanted that we're promised. Such as the meaning of the prophecy or providing further clarity on what happened between Zhu Yuanda and Iwao Hazuki. Hopefully, those questions will be answered if we get a Shenmue IV.

Last edited:
Back