What if Shenmue 3 Fails?

Will you stay in the Dojo?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have to say the dojo is in the best shape ever. You've done an amazing job @Peter. There's no more trolls, the staff are all on the same page. Conversations are active and engaging. All the dojo members are cool as hell. Its a great environment to be in. If people are salty you're the owner and wont post here, then oh well thats their loss.

Lets all keep up the great work

The Dojo community became more than just a gathering of Shenmue fans. Most of us essentially “grew up together” despite being in different parts of the world.

Shenmue may have brought us together, but Shenmue III is nowhere near enough to tear us apart.

This bit right here. Some of us here have been around "forever" and we did indeed grow up together. The Dojo was the first forum I joined and it meant a hell of a lot! Made good friends and yeah, there was drama, but the learn from it kind.

It's not just nostalgic being back, it's also a new start with new fellow, awesome people joining. It's a good mix. And it's a testament to what Shenmue have brought out and keeps bringing out in people.

Well if it fails we will only have to wait 18 years and if 4 fails another 18 years. But think about it we will have plenty of time to replay it in nursing homes it beats bingo thats for sure.

Last edited:
Thanks for your
I don't see why I would leave if Shenmue 3 fails it doesn't change my love for this franchise and sharing it with my fellow fans. That's like asking me once the Shenmue story ends will I leave the dojo. Honestly I feel at home here, I don't agree with everything that's said and there are topics here I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole but I enjoy the camaraderie. Growing up I had no idea that Shenmue meant so much to so many people and to be in a community that loves and appreciates these games even more then I do is heartwarming to say the least. So no, I am not going anywhere at all.

Also while I doubt Shenmue 3 will fail let's all put our best foot forward to support it regardless. Because even if it doesn't make its expected sales returns if we can show a strong interest in it then the game could become a niche franchise in order to stay alive. After all Cedric did say that if three fails there's a fifty-fifty shot for a fourth game right? That's a hell of a number compared to a few years ago.
thanks for for words,,, I feel the same way...Shenmue 3 won't fail i believes in it... We are the Fans so like u said what Can we do ? Support it buy as many copies that each of us can or want...Each copy helps....like Yu Susuki says The Fate of Shenmue lay in our Hands....?❤ For myself Im gonna do it and im not that rich..but I would try to help as much I can....For the sake of Lan Di

Thanks for your thanks for for words,,, I feel the same way...Shenmue 3 won't fail i believes in it... We are the Fans so like u said what Can we do ? Support it buy as many copies that each of us can or want...Each copy helps....like Yu Susuki says The Fate of Shenmue lay in our Hands....?❤ For myself Im gonna do it and im not that rich..but I would try to help as much I can....For the sake of Lan Di

I already plan on buying another copy so that I can keep my backer copy sealed, and my brother and I are planing a Japan trip with a few friends towards the end of the year, so I plan on buying a copy of Shenmue 3 while in Japan, and maybe a few gift copies for friends. I was also going to buy the new Jacket from insert coin but I had bills bite me out of nowhere, and now they are sold out :(

And looking at the poll results just lifts my spirit, to see that this is a strong healthy and amazing community!

Wo
I already plan on buying another copy so that I can keep my backer copy sealed, and my brother and I are planing a Japan trip with a few friends towards the end of the year, so I plan on buying a copy of Shenmue 3 while in Japan, and maybe a few gift copies for friends. I was also going to buy the new Jacket from insert coin but I had bills bite me out of nowhere, and now they are sold out :(

And looking at the poll results just lifts my spirit, to see that this is a strong healthy and amazing community!
Wow thats amazing wish u a damm good time japan then,even it is just a few months ..I also wants to bought the Jacket but couden't do it at the moment...Some we get them some other day...

Wo
Wow thats amazing wish u a damm good time japan then,even it is just a few months ..I also wants to bought the Jacket but couden't do it at the moment...Some we get them some other day...

Exactly I got a jacket from the first time around, and even got a chance to order a second one when it went on sale. My cat got a bladder infection and pissed on my first one :(
but I sadly was not able to get a jacket this time around :(

and my trip won't be until late this year November/December-ish, or at the very latest January. I have been setting up a budget/savings plan just to make sure it happens. Which if I do go I will be sure to keep everyone here updated, especially if I find any good Shenmue Goodies, we all ready plan to have a complete day 100% dedicated to Gashapon hunting, which I will most definitely be wearing my current Shenmue Jacket during the hunt unless I get a better jacket before then. :)

And if Shenmue 3 is super successful maybe I will find a few Gashapon Shenmue Capsule toys while I'm there. I remember when I was about 12-14 I use to read Tips and Tricks magazine and they showed off a bunch of MegaMan Legends capsule toys in an issue and ever since then I have always wanted to go to Japan, and capsule hunting in Shenmue I and II only made me want to go all the more.

Exactly I got a jacket from the first time around, and even got a chance to order a second one when it went on sale. My cat got a bladder infection and pissed on my first one :(
but I sadly was not able to get a jacket this time around :(

and my trip won't be until late this year November/December-ish, or at the very latest January. I have been setting up a budget/savings plan just to make sure it happens. Which if I do go I will be sure to keep everyone here updated, especially if I find any good Shenmue Goodies, we all ready plan to have a complete day 100% dedicated to Gashapon hunting, which I will most definitely be wearing my current Shenmue Jacket during the hunt unless I get a better jacket before then. :)

And if Shenmue 3 is super successful maybe I will find a few Gashapon Shenmue Capsule toys while I'm there. I remember when I was about 12-14 I use to read Tips and Tricks magazine and they showed off a bunch of MegaMan Legends capsule toys in an issue and ever since then I have always wanted to go to Japan, and capsule hunting in Shenmue I and II only made me want to go all the more.
Thank you very much for the reply..Oh sorry about ur mean kitty that pee on ur first jacket...??? well sometimes things like that can happen,, I learn that the hard way...? yes I know that u wants to go to japan around the end of the year..Great wish u could luck..And thank u very much that u want to let us know befor u going, so if there a chance that u can bring s something with u from there for us? Or do I get this wrong ? Its late here in germany.. I would be on the boat them..Well thats a thing we can talk about some other time I guess..4 Now I Just wish u Can go there for sure..And wish u a nice Weekend take care

As I stated in a different thread. Shenmue 3 has been consistently trending better in preorders than Judgement on Amazon US and it releases 2 months later. I think when it's all set and done given the small to medium budget I think this game will be successful. Not to mention the marketing hasn't even fully begun yet.

I like to consider myself "dormant" rather than "no more".

Ha dormant! I remember trolling the dojo back in the day. Well I was not really trying to be a troll at first or trying to troll at all. I like the new change in the dojo also and current gaming for me feels better than back then especially with what is happening in my life. I feel excited more excited than I ever did before.

I'll be honest, up until that initial kickstarter trailer that played at E3. I had pretty much given up on the idea of Shenmue 3 ever happening. To the point where I kind of moved on a little bit and learned to love different, other things. That said, I would still from time to time pop into the old dojo to see what was going on (back on my older account). So even though I had moved on from the idea that Shenmue 3 would ever happen, I still ended up coming here from time to time just to see if all my things were still where I left them.

So I can't imagine that changing this time either. Like lots of people here, The Dojo was pretty much my first ever online community. It holds a heck of a lot of memories in that sense. So I don't think there is ever truly going to be a situation where I leave it behind.

03/2019: What if Shenmue III fails?

12/2019: What is "Shenmue III fails"?

I remember playing and beating Shenmue 1 numerous times. I proceeded to search the internet for a sequel and found out Shenmue 2 was headed to Xbox. I bought a Xbox just for Shenmue 2.

While searching the internet I found a site called Shenmue Dojo. Its here that I was educated on who Yu Suzuki was and his vision for Shenmue. It was cool to find out there were people worldwide that love the game as much as I do. I didnt post much after the release of Shenmue 2 but I would periodically peek my head in for any sliver of news available(merch, soundtracks, wallpapers, etc).

Since Shenmue 3 announcement I visit and post just about daily...I see no reason stop😎

E-3 2020 Shenmue 4 announced🤞😁

Last edited:
Unless Shenmue 3 sold abysmally, it's kind of a sure thing Shenmue 4 is going to happen.
They'll just have to pull a Final Fantasy 13 and just make minor tweaks to future sequels.
Though... I don't quite think Shenmue 4 will have half the budget of Shenmue 3.

Unless Shenmue 3 sold abysmally, it's kind of a sure thing Shenmue 4 is going to happen.
They'll just have to pull a Final Fantasy 13 and just make minor tweaks to future sequels.
Though... I don't quite think Shenmue 4 will have half the budget of Shenmue 3.

It might I think Xbox wants to get in this time around and maybe Epic dies another exclusivity deal.

Back