What Is Your Biggest Achievement In Gaming?

Beating Rocket Knight Adventures (Mega Drive) in Crazy Hard Mode (1 hit kill, no continues, immediate game over). Made the game even more intense.

I'd say out of recent games, beating the Bloodborne DLC for the first time, on NG+ (which is even harder, since it adds in extra attack patterns from the bosses) was a very, very hard task. Definitely the hardest thing I've played by From Software. Those bosses were insane and so intense. I've never died so many times in a game since the Mega Drive days, I don't think.

Beating Rocket Knight Adventures (Mega Drive) in Crazy Hard Mode (1 hit kill, no continues, immediate game over). Made the game even more intense.

Superb, man; I remember beating it back in the day and it took me a good 5 years before I could... on easy lol.

Greatest achievement in gaming is tricky...

My biggest almost is being 1 major attack away from 1 CCing Final Fight CD on Mania. It'll take me a few playthroughs back to back to get that good again, but I'll attempt to make a run at it again, sometime soon.

But probably my biggest achievement, would be beating all Wanderers in Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2; not that its difficult, but there are SO many parameters and SO many Wanderers, it is very time consuming.

I've been flexing my muscles as of late on here (lol), but I used to clean house in every Goldeneye tournament I've ever entered, just usually a weekend or afterschool thing with 7-10 friends.

And we did have a big huge Goldeneye week in highschool (well, only 3 days, but yeah), where the marketing class had to think of ways to make money, then do it during the entire lunch period; my best friend did a Goldeneye Tournament(s), where you had to pay 10 cents to enter, get your shot at playing and if you finished 3rd or fourth, you could pay another 10 cents to get back in, while the top 2 players could continue on, if they wished. Every grade was eligible, anyone who wanted to shoot the ****. License to Kill, random weapons choice each round, random map each round, no teams, 4 players.

I paid 30 cents all week, finished second four times and first in about 40-50 matches or so.

And I never owned the game at this point (do now).

AND I always play as Jaws, in multiplayer.

THAT'S an achievement! lol

0904102223.jpg

I saw this topic a few days ago and it's really got me thinking, until now I thought I was pretty good at games but I actually struggled to think of something to contribute.

Fighting games were one of my first loves, there was no arcade scene here but I played a lot of Street Fighter II on the SNES, I thought I was good because I could beat anyone I knew, years later I played someone who was actually good at fighting games and realised just how far I'd misjudged my own ability.

I got into Street Fighter IV in a big way a few years ago, got a couple of arcade sticks and played a lot of online matches, my execution was horrible but I did manage to master a move with Chun Li called the dash ultra which for my level of play was pretty good.

I even made a video of the first match I pulled it off to celebrate.

The only other competitive game I had some level of success with was Counter-Strike, my aim etc. was pretty average for the most part but every now I'd make a really nice play. One of these was featured in a video series called clutch or kick.

Mine is the first clip in the video, I'm last guy alive versus all 5 of the other team, I have only a pistol whilst they have rifles.

Once I started playing competitive games online I stopped challenging myself with single player games but there are certain levels on older games where it's obvious I practiced them a lot.

Last edited:
love the accomplishment of solving most any puzzle without a guide i always strive for a rarely cede to temptation to cheat. Especially for heavy games like Syberia and Ico or even Resident Evil.

Felt pretty good about beating Omikron and Evil Twin. Any shmup is a great challenge for me. My favorite of all time happens to be one I've actually beaten; Trizeal. Hardest game I've ever beaten and felt the most proud of myself afterward: Prince of Person 3D on Dreamcast.

love the accomplishment of solving most any puzzle without a guide i always strive for a rarely cede to temptation to cheat. Especially for heavy games like Syberia and Ico or even Resident Evil.

Felt pretty good about beating Omikron and Evil Twin. Any shmup is a great challenge for me. My favorite of all time happens to be one I've actually beaten; Trizeal. Hardest game I've ever beaten and felt the most proud of myself afterward: Prince of Person 3D on Dreamcast.

Omikron was a thrill and I too, was quite satisfied upon completion. The involvement of David Bowie was awesome and the environments were super well-done; the FPS sections were quite tough (damn rooftops).

And I was also enthralled with completing Evil Twin, as some of the glitches were *almost* game-breaking (crossing the fans on the airship, ugh).

Omikron was a thrill and I too, was quite satisfied upon completion. The involvement of David Bowie was awesome and the environments were super well-done; the FPS sections were quite tough (damn rooftops).

And I was also enthralled with completing Evil Twin, as some of the glitches were *almost* game-breaking (crossing the fans on the airship, ugh).

For me a gamebreaking bug, which I encountered then gave up and restarted my save file after about a year, was around half way--after the playground. Those star cloud platforms while opening the floating doors. Rest of the game was bug free for me just ridiculous challenge. Love the art direction and gfx. Along with Headhunter, really used Dreamcast's superior texture compression to fullest and was a good view to what could'v been if there was a bit mnore time in the oven...

For me a gamebreaking bug, which I encountered then gave up and restarted my save file after about a year, was around half way--after the playground. Those star cloud platforms while opening the floating doors. Rest of the game was bug free for me just ridiculous challenge. Love the art direction and gfx. Along with Headhunter, really used Dreamcast's superior texture compression to fullest and was a good view to what could'v been if there was a bit mnore time in the oven...
Ah, love HH too, what a superb game.

I never had problems with the star platforms; I like that part, actually lol. Guess there were different glitches with different copies?

Doesn't make sense but who knows...

Ah, love HH too, what a superb game.

I never had problems with the star platforms; I like that part, actually lol. Guess there were different glitches with different copies?

Doesn't make sense but who knows...

After giving the game another go, I ended up really loving the star clouds part too haha

The game was pretty damn incomplete, so I wouldn't doubt the glitches being different or not uniform. Also Rez PAL had random bad discs, too, although not Headhunter. Always chalked up to the last minute late PAL releases being hit or miss with rushed production.

Shenmue II disc 3, across multiple MINT copies I've owned since 2003, will give me a DISC READ ERROR NPC -30. Others reported it can happen with any disc at the old forums, mine just always seems to be Kowloon for some random reason. Although, it could be a uniquely NA glitch from importing the game onto NTSC...? Slight off topic, i digress.

After giving the game another go, I ended up really loving the star clouds part too haha

The game was pretty damn incomplete, so I wouldn't doubt the glitches being different or not uniform. Also Rez PAL had random bad discs, too, although not Headhunter. Always chalked up to the last minute late PAL releases being hit or miss with rushed production.

Shenmue II disc 3, across multiple MINT copies I've owned since 2003, will give me a DISC READ ERROR NPC -30. Others reported it can happen with any disc at the old forums, mine just always seems to be Kowloon for some random reason. Although, it could be a uniquely NA glitch from importing the game onto NTSC...? Slight off topic, i digress.

Very weird. I've gotten that error too, but always on 'mue, never on 'mue II.

Rushed production indeed makes sense, as Sega would probably just want to get the lot out ASAP, with them discontinuing the DC and all.

And yes, I'll stop here as well :)

Very weird. I've gotten that error too, but always on 'mue

Damn, with only resume that error must be way more of a hassel!

Soon to be biggest gaming accomplishments: Myst and Syberia 2 + 3 (ashamed i never gotten around to playing the second game all these years).

Back