What level should my Kung Fu be at before heading to the last area?

I'm about to head to the last area in the game and I want to make sure my Kung Fu is at a sufficient enough level to face the final boss(es). Currently, I am at level 15 for both Attack and Endurance and halfway through level 30 for my Kung Fu. Should I try to max out everything? Or should I be good?

I was maxed out level and even on hard found everything in the final area too easy. I might suggest keeping a lower level save before you level up. And really 30 might be high enough already.

Any moves that worked against the final bosses really well? I'm gonna make a loadout for the R2 button before I head there.

I believe I was 31, with endurance maxed out. Are you on normal? If so, you should be fine.
As to the moves, I'd merely suggest going for those which you feel most comfortable using.

I was on max level for the last 2/3 - 3/4 of the game on normal and a lot of it was a bit too easy.

As for moves that work well, I really liked:
(hold LT) A B
A B B (Elbow Assault)
A A X X (Tornado Kick)
A B B Y
A A B Y
A A X A
A A B B
A A (and also A A A A when you have both A A moves)

Sorry I don't remember the names of most of them.

I'd say about kung fu level 27 or so.

If you feel as though you would have beaten the Red Snakes boss in the second encounter (before the forced loss mechanic kicks in), you should be fine.

The fights in the final area feel more like a victory lap -- they're cool but fairly easy.

I had more trouble with earlier encounters, the Golden Goose one in particular.

If you feel as though you would have beaten the Red Snakes boss in the second encounter (before the forced loss mechanic kicks in), you should be fine.
This literally never happened to me the entire game :p

You've inspired me to play through the game again on Nightmare difficulty. Im on level 38 now and playing through the game on new game plus is too easy. (Im playing on hard mode). I would have to whiff ten times in order to lose a thug battle.

Last edited:
You've inspired me to play through the game again on Nightmare difficulty. Im. On level 38 now and playing through the game on new game plus is too easy. (Im playing on hard mode). I would have to whiff ten times in order to lose a thug battle.
I also played/finished the game at "hard", the battles were not so difficult but the QTEs were almost impossible.
I don't even want to think what it'd be like to catch the chickens at "nightmare" difficulty.
I'd throw myself out of the window.

If you are level 30 already, you are more than strong enough to beat the game. Master Bei wont even teach you the Reverse Bodycheck until you beat Gold Dragon , or Gold Wolf, either way, if you progressed that far in Wu Shen Hall, you are good enough at combat to beat the whole game.

Like the other guy said, by the time you fight the Red Snakes boss the second time, you should be good enough to wipe out his whole energy meter. Even though you take the scripted loss, he is toast when you fight him in the final stretch.

I also played/finished the game at "hard", the battles were not so difficult but the QTEs were almost impossible.
I don't even want to think what it'd be like to catch the chickens at "nightmare" difficulty.
The QTEs were not impossible on hard. The reviewers who bashed this game missed the whole point of Master Sun's training: to prepare you for the timing of the QTEs. You have to develop a technique for doing it on hard. I keep my thumb in motion dead center of the four face buttons. Just flick up down left or right to get the right button . Keep your thumb flush with the face of the pad. Click the edge of the button. Its demanding, but not impossible. If you can catch 15-20 ducks consistently, you can do the Qtes no problem, or at least get most of the inputs the first try.

You've inspired me to play through the game again on Nightmare difficulty. Im on level 38 now and playing through the game on new game plus is too easy. (Im playing on hard mode). I would have to whiff ten times in order to lose a thug battle.
I was planning on doing this too. On my first playthrough I was on the hardest difficult for the first half of the game, but didn't think I would be able to get past later fights after getting repeatedly stomped on by the thugs in the last Bailu fight. My kung fu was maxed for a lot of Niaowu, though, and the only real challenge at that point, on the hard difficulty, was the last Rose Garden fight. I don't want any NG+ playthroughs to be a total walk in the park, though, so the hardest difficulty seems like the only way to combat that. I remember seeing a warning about there being no guarantees of the balance on hardest difficulty, and it did seem pretty broken in that respect when I was playing it for the first time.

Lol, I clocked Yan Lang in the back of the head with Big Wheel after a just-frame evade and it only took off one circle of energy .(Nightmare difficulty). He does heavy damage on his shoulder ram, does approx. 3 to 5 energy damage. The only way he could kill you with this is if your move clashes with his shoulder ram a few times. He will just win by higher damage output, but he isnt unbeatable by any means at Kung Fu level 38. You just beat him the same way you beat him on hard difficulty, lure him to the wall, evade and wall splat stun him to death.

Put mud spider on if you are not used to using l2
Man oh man, I just completed the Chicken catching training for Master Sun on Nightmare mode, and it is fucking brutal. The final one is so fast, its nigh impossible to do visual recoginition and react on the fast chickens. I had to resort to hard reads and pattern recognition! One heart breaker is one time I successfully did five hard reads in a row, and failed because the final 2 chickens started running around with their wings up in evade mode. You have such a short amount of time....

Last edited:
Back