What locations would you like to visit in future games?

The city Shenhua talks about in her house Louyang she said she can see the people bustling by while she closes her eyes. That it gives her a nostalgic feeling. I'm really looking forward to see that place.

I don't have anything specific in mind but a maybe some more urban environments. I always loved Hong Kong as a setting in Shenmue 2. If nothing else changing up the landscape would help to differentiate future games. Of course, this next city would have to feel very different to Hong Kong to keep each game in the series unique.

Definitely further into Yunnan province, if they visited Tiger Leaping Gorge that'd be spectacular with old town Lijiang nearby. Lijiang would be nice! Further on, into Tibet for sure. A "detour" to Xian wouldn't be wrong either, more connection to the great wall etc. maybe even later a trip towards the east coast, Hangzhou would be sweet. And plenty of Kung fu possibilities along the way. Sigh. I'd love like 10 more games...

I know it's a bit out there, but I would love to see a game in the future set in Vietnam, specifically northern VIetnam.

The Forbidden City in Beijing.

I don't even care if its done on a budget with less of an open world and more linear, I want to see Ryo walking about this site and facing off against Chi You Men right here in Shenmue 4 / 5.

Hades. Playable death sequence where gou have to battle a thoudand enemies to escape the underworld. When you are done the time line is reversed by 3 days.

Back