What remaster/sequel are you waiting for?

The only Ubisoft game I can stomach now is Far Cry and that's because of its online coop. By the time Splinter Cell came to an end, it was hardly a stealth game and done the typical Ubisoft thing of a somewhat combat simulation into a generic shooter/action title.

Haha! Do me a favour pal. Did you even play it? I ghosted the entire game, went back for pure panther, followed by all out assault. Conviction was the only out-and-out action entry of the series. Blacklist was the perfect modern day stealth game. Personally, I reckon - as far as pure stealth is concerned - Chaos Theory is the apex in the industry as a whole, but Blacklist catered to every style and pulled it off. That is a very difficult thing to accomplish, and Ubisoft nailed it. Hats off to the cunts, I say. What a fucking game!

P.S. Really, just go and play it, don't make me waste another three hours of my life going point-for-point why it's such a good game and so well designed, coz trust me, it may not be a masterpiece, but it's as close to being one without getting all the way over the line as a game can be.

EDIT: Oh, and Blacklist happens to be the only title in the series where you can go through the entire game without taking a single life...

Haha! Do me a favour pal. Did you even play it? I ghosted the entire game, went back for pure panther, followed by all out assault. Conviction was the only out-and-out action entry of the series. Blacklist was the perfect modern day stealth game. Personally, I reckon - as far as pure stealth is concerned - Chaos Theory is the apex in the industry as a whole, but Blacklist catered to every style and pulled it off. That is a very difficult thing to accomplish, and Ubisoft nailed it. Hats off to the cunts, I say. What a fucking game!

P.S. Really, just go and play it, don't make me waste another three hours of my life going point-for-point why it's such a good game and so well designed, coz trust me, it may not be a masterpiece, but it's as close to being one without getting all the way over the line as a game can be.

EDIT: Oh, and Blacklist happens to be the only title in the series where you can go through the entire game without taking a single life...

I've played every single title. I just remember enjoying the coop of the latter games. Maybe my memory deceives me. Either way, I won't be overexcited if Ubisoft announced another game. I used to be a fan of all the Tom Clancy games but feel each one is a shadow of its former self. On paper the latest two Ghost Recon games should have resonated with me greatly being a coop game but I was so disappointed in the technical quality of the games I simply could not bring myself to play the game for more than 3 missions and probably didn't even put a couple hours into the latest beta before giving up it was so crap.

Maybe Ubisoft haven't made another Splinter Cell game because they haven't figured out how to implement Sam Fisher into an open world game with multiplayer and microtransactions.

Maybe Ubisoft haven't made another Splinter Cell game because they haven't figured out how to implement Sam Fisher into an open world game with multiplayer and microtransactions.

Yeah, that's my cynical take on it. The relevant people at Ubisoft know that Splinter Cell has a very specific fan base who want a very specific type of game. The problem is, there probably aren't enough in that group of guaranteed sales to justify making a game on the scale that Ubisoft are used to making. And, if they were to do that, they'd have to cater to a wider audience. Catering to a wider audience though means moving too far away from what the core group want, so they're in a very "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

Personally I reckon handing it off to a smaller studio is the way to go. Build it on an episodic bases, give the people a map editor, basically pump it full of content that will keep the actual fans supporting it over the long term via microtransactions.

That way, they're making money, the fans are producing content that they don't need to make themselves, and they can keep Splinter Cell a Splinter Cell game. Plus, with user generated content, the desire for a sequel won't be as high, which means they'll get pestered less about it.

Obviously though, this will never happen.

They don't make Splinter Cell because why they should do it when they can put that money into their next Assassin's Creed game ?

Business has always been important for publishers from the beginning.

ID Software completely killed the poor Commander Keen franchise when Doom managed to become far more successful in the early 1990s.

Ubisoft killed Splinter Cell because they have already made 6 games for it and they weren't satisfied with the sales of the last 3 games.(Which is why in the last 2 games they changed the direction of the franchise)

SEGA:
Shenmue IV
Virtua Fighter 6
Outrun 3

Konami:
Suikoden 6
Goeman Adventures 2
Zone of the Enders 3

Koei:
Kessen IV(Cinematic Take on ROTK)
Ninja Gaiden 4
Fatal Frame 6

Capcom:
Breath of Fire(proper) 6
Onimusha 5
Megaman Legends 3

Square:
Chrono 3
Last Remnant 2
Front Mission 7

Namco Bandai:
.Hack~generation 4
Summoners 7
Ar Tonelico 4

Sony:
Legend of Dragoon 2
WIld Arms 6
Jade Cocoon 3

Boring choices because of re-treads: Ico for PS4 to complete the trilogy and also MGS Legacy for PS4 (and Switch with Twin Snakes as an exclusive?). Might be nice to get Silent HiIl HD redone proper for PS4. Also, wasn't the Splinter Celll Trilogy HD still not quite definitive because of omitting the PS2 winter level? The first two SC were great, although I'm in a minority in not gelling very well with Chaos Theory.

Spoiled, redundant choice: Yakuza HD localized; got a soft spot for original engine preservation hence why i love ShenmueHD. Always have been jealous of those remasters along with Kenzan and PS3's Zero (usually I prefer next gen, but for whatever reason i usually went PS3 for the last cross gen). Release them on PS4 download only with Ishin to truly complete the saga on one platform...!

Longshots: Toy Commander, Propeller Arena, Headhunter, Evil Twin, D/D2/Enemy Zero, Riven Myst, Deep Fear and Burning Rangers. Mega Man Legends while restarting MML3?

i'm also waiting for the fixed camera angle, Fear effect remake. unfortunately creating the game hasn't been a smooth process.

there is some footage here

Last edited:
Actual stuff I’m waiting for:

Yakuza 7
No More Heroes 3
Bayonetta 3
Metroid Prime 4
Breath of the Wild 2
Nier remake
Kingdoms of Amalur remaster

Fun stuff I might like:

God Hand remaster
MadWorld remaster
Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch
Zelda 2 remake in either fully 3D in the vein of Dark Souls, or at least a 2D game that takes ideas from Castlevania or Bloodstained
Killer7 remaster for consoles
Shadows of the Damned sequel
Senran Kagura 7
a new Deus Ex game
Metal Wolf Chaos 2
Metal Gear Solid reboot with new director
Sonic Adventure 3
Okami 2?3?
Drakengard 4
Flower Sun and Rain remake
Final Fantasy 6 remake by a dev that won’t ruin it with nonsense
Chrono Trigger remake, same as above
Saints Row 2 console remaster
Mother 3 released officially in the west
Pokemon let’s go Cyndaquil?
some sort of Lost Odyssey sequel
Red Dead Redemption remaster
GTA4 remaster
Something that uses similar vehicle building mechanics from Banjo Kazooie N&B
Also a game that uses the geomod stuff from Red Faction Guerrilla

I think that’s everything off the top of my head at the moment.

There are many. But the first ones that comes up to my mind are:

Shenmue IV (obviously the number one)

Jet Set Radio (a new game with the best from the original and JSR-Future)
Chrono Trigger Remake (come on, what are they waiting for?)
Resident Evil 3 Remake Remade -Again (because the remake was like a short demo sold at full price)
Code Veronica Remake (partly because I want to see Claire again in her own game)
Resident Evil 4 Remake (not very hopeful here.. they will most likely ruin this one)
Resident Evil 0 (either a complete remake from ground up or nothing at all)
Megaman X9
Megaman 12
Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2 (I hope they make it a total of 4 parts)
Final Fantasy VI Remake (this one has some serious potential)
Final Fantasy XII Remake or Sequel (but it will never happen..)
Persona 6 (oops, did I just drool a little? P5 was one amazing gaming experience)

Ignoring the obvious (Shenmue 4), I’d really like to see a new Monkey Island game from the Double Fine team. I’d also pick up any new entries in the Skies Of Arcadia and Crazy Taxi series’ or a FFVI remake, but I can’t see any of these happening anytime soon (if ever).

Ignoring the obvious (Shenmue 4), I’d really like to see a new Monkey Island game from the Double Fine team. I’d also pick up any new entries in the Skies Of Arcadia and Crazy Taxi series’ or a FFVI remake, but I can’t see any of these happening anytime soon (if ever).
I rather get Monkey Island 3A from Ron Gilbert himself. Too bad Disney wasn't interested in giving him the ip.

I rather get Monkey Island 3A from Ron Gilbert himself. Too bad Disney wasn't interested in giving him the ip.
Tbh I’d just assumed that if he was ever able to get the IP back from Disney, Ron would take the project to Tim and they’d work on it together.

I really do love the idea of a Monkey Island 3 in the style of the first two games. I feel like the general progression in gaming from 2D to 3D kind of forced them to change the art style to match the times - and although I enjoyed all of the MI games after 2 (including the telltale series which was surprisingly good) - I never quite fell in love with them in the same way.

Hopefully if MI3 ever happens they follow in the footsteps of Broken Sword and go back to their roots.

Shenmue IV
KOTOR on Switch
Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster

I wish we could get a new Maximo or Shinobi (PS2). Hell, I'd take remasters of either.

Found myself thinking about Tokyo Jungle today. Would absolutely love a sequel or a remaster but would settle for a way to play the original on PS4 (it was a digital only PS3 game but for whatever reason can’t be played on PS4).

Back