What song are you listening to right now?

@OldFarT That Skeletonwitch song was different compared to their earlier work, right? I liked the lead guitar details throughout the song.
[/QUOTE]

Most definitely, the earlier work was definitely more chaotic. Go check out their album apothic gloom.
I have been a hugh Fan of the new singer for a long time. So Its a perfect fit. His first Band Iron Thrones is probably in my top 3 favorite metal band of all time, or at least in my top 5. I love how they mix the hard and heavy with some softness.

This album and the first have been on my regular play list for almost a decade.

Been listening to a lot of retro throw away music, think elevator/commercial/supermarket white noise

Don't judge but I'm writing a book that takes place in small town in the 90's yet somehow still clings to the past almost as if its trapped in a time capsule/anomaly, and this is what it would sound like if were to be made into a movie, so a lot of my current music play list is kinda wack

This song has also been stuck in my head for a while

and it has a fair amount of remixes

holy SHIT been quite awhile. High School nostalgia feels intense now

Hearing the uncensored version of that "WAP" joint recently got me over here like:

iu

Metallica - Ride the Lightning. Listening to the full album on Vinyl as I type.
Growing up in a rock household, this was one of the albums I bought earlier in my life. My older bro was/is a big Metallica fan, and he'd already bought Master of Puppets, Black album, and maybe Load.
At Circuit City (if unfamiliar, think a sleazier HMV), I recall liking the colors and different font on RL, and bought it while trying unsuccessfully to flirt with the older cashier. (Out of pity, she'd later sell me explicit content NIN/Marilyn Manson CDs without caring, so I think I won overall.)
I find RL magnificent overall, but I just can't get into The Call of Ktulu-- forgive me.

As to a current jam, if any of you dig bass-driven funk in a groove session setting, enjoy:

Having heard the news that BBC Radio 1 will from now on only play a version of "Fairytale of New York" with the words "faggot" and "slut" censored, on account of not wanting to hurt the fee-fees of the youth (:ROFLMAO:), I was reminded of that wonderful song, faggots and sluts withstanding.

Back