What TV shows are you watching?

i saw the first 5 episodes of shogun on disney plus. its a very good show. only a slight complaint. there is tones of subtitles..o_O

i also saw a little bit of the first episode of the animated show, xmen 97.. it seems really cool but i feel i need to go and watch the original seasons first. i saw some episodes as a kid but not enough to remember the whole show/plot.
It's a really solid show. I actually think there is not enough subtitles, as the theme is supposed to be centered around the Portuguese and the Japanese, but there is not even a single Portuguese word uttered by any character.
Meanwhile X-men '97 is way better than I imagined. Haven't re-watched the original series, but as far as I recall from memory it didn't skip a beat. It is as good, if not better than the old series.

It's a really solid show. I actually think there is not enough subtitles, as the theme is supposed to be centered around the Portuguese and the Japanese, but there is not even a single Portuguese word uttered by any character.
Meanwhile X-men '97 is way better than I imagined. Haven't re-watched the original series, but as far as I recall from memory it didn't skip a beat. It is as good, if not better than the old series.

i understand what you mean about speaking portuguese in shogun. i've only noticed a few actors having a slight portuguese accent. i don't mind subtitles / watching foreign movies but i don't find it an easy watch. ( watching shogun makes me want to rewatch 13 assassins, again).

interestingly i saw a short interview with Anna Sawai ( the main actress from shogun) and she stated that they have to talk in an old japanese dialect and not modern japanese + use a british accent when speaking english.

Back