What TV shows are you watching?

But if you ask anyone else around the world, they give the Brits shit for keepi9ng all series to 6 episodes or less lol

Save for Top Gear... or Thunderbirds.

(personally, I don't care how long a season of TV is; if I like it, I like it!)

All seasons or a complete series? Because Doctor Who has been on for only a Time Lord knows how long. As Time Goes By has nine seasons. I lost track of the many seasons of Are You Being Served and their spin offs... ^^! I have never watched, nor probably ever will Coronation Street (10,242 episodes!!! 🀯 ), although with Craig Charles from Red Dwarf fame being the cabby as I recall, I may give it a whirl. And Red Dwarf itself went into twelve or so seasons. Least we forget Last of the Summer Wine with a few honored actors from other British sitcoms that lasted 31 seasons and just shy of 300 episodes! ^^!

All seasons or a complete series? Because Doctor Who has been on for only a Time Lord knows how long. As Time Goes By has nine seasons. I lost track of the many seasons of Are You Being Served and their spin offs... ^^! I have never watched, nor probably ever will Coronation Street (10,242 episodes!!! 🀯 ), although with Craig Charles from Red Dwarf fame being the cabby as I recall, I may give it a whirl. And Red Dwarf itself went into twelve or so seasons. Least we forget Last of the Summer Wine with a few honored actors from other British sitcoms that lasted 31 seasons and just shy of 300 episodes! ^^!
Corrie Street is a Soap Opera, hence the high number of episodes.

I don't know how any Soap stars get any days off; I don't watch them (never have, never will), but don't they have a new episode, every day of the week, EVERY WEEKDAY of the year? Just nuts.

Corrie Street is a Soap Opera, hence the high number of episodes.

I don't know how any Soap stars get any days off; I don't watch them (never have, never will), but don't they have a new episode, every day of the week, EVERY WEEKDAY of the year? Just nuts.
I do not know for sure. But I have a feeling they simply do a few days to make a weeks worth. Or a week or two to make a months work, etc. Now how many hours in each day I do not know and it would depend on the characters being used and the story flow. Basically the stories are to the minute or to the day, depending on the flow at the time. In an episode they play this character's or multiple characters role in the story and move on. And you may even go back to them again, before it is over a few times. But they are usually just snippets.

And although there are other things behind the scenes we never get to see in the show it self, unless in specials, such as the camera work itself, if done right and with proper actors should be fairly short. There are of course readings and rehearsals behind the scenes that will drag a work day out, but over all I see them having at least one day off if not two or more. And they keep doing this to accumulate episodes. They may even work crunch times to have a longer week off for Christmas or personal vacations and what not. It may even give them time to rework a future scene they are not happy with or if something in real life occurs to an actor, such as a broken leg, a pregnancy, or perhaps even their untimely death, they can work a story into this.

They also for sure, at least for some of them, have other commitments like Broadway or other TV shows. Levar Burton (Geordie La Forge) was doing The Reading Rainbow and ST:TNG apparently at one point. Claudia Christian (Susan Ivanova) broke her leg in real life and it was written into the show as such in Babylon 5. And there are many many others, but I would have to spend quite a bit of time to find them all and make sure they were accurate. But long story short, their on screen time is not long at all, in fact very brief and in doing so I am sure their off screen time is not that long as well, all things considered.

i just completed watching every episode of the xfiles (all 209 of them!) - i gotta be honest, the intro & music use to really freak me out but by season 2 i was pretty immune to it. lol

the production values are or should i say were, really high.. for example, ive never seen so many real helicopters used in a show before and the locations and actors are awesome.

by the end of season 9(2002), the main story (alien invasion conspiracy storyline) gets a little messy and then with season 10 (2016), they try and change the whole main story line and say it was some sort of lie, so you end up doubting what was really true (?) - i will say, season 10 & 11 started to take on a much darker tone.

having said that i really enjoyed all the episodes and hopefully in the near future we will get season 12.:p

...now i have a choice either watch "man in the high castle" or "Americans" :unsure:

Angelo!
Nate is Late

I don't know. I gave Rick and Morty a chance and watched a tiny clip of that show on youtube, but that's not my humor. I like the idea of a cartoon for adults, but it's nothing for me.

Round the Twist -- I was waxing nostalgic and decided to go back and re-watch the first season of a childhood classic of mine...Does it hold up? I think it does in spots. Yeah, the effects are cheesy and some of the acting not so great, but its just so weird and very much Australian that I can't help but not love it still...also, that damn theme. That damn theme! (meant in a good way)

I'd be surprised if anyone here knows of the show.

Round the Twist -- I was waxing nostalgic and decided to go back and re-watch the first season of a childhood classic of mine...Does it hold up? I think it does in spots. Yeah, the effects are cheesy and some of the acting not so great, but its just so weird and very much Australian that I can't help but not love it still...also, that damn theme. That damn theme! (meant in a good way)

I'd be surprised if anyone here knows of the show.
What blast from the past!
I haven't seen Round the Twist in ages, but I'll never forget the theme song "Have you ever, ever felt like this..." .
I'll also never forget the episode where Bronson gets help from the water spirit so he can win a pissing competition, and he ends up pissing so high, his piss goes over the wall
How/where are you watching it?

I haven't seen Round the Twist in ages, but I'll never forget the theme song "Have you ever, ever felt like this..." .
I'll also never forget the episode where Bronson gets help from the water spirit so he can win a pissing competition, and he ends up pissing so high, his piss goes over the wall
The entire series is on Youtube...although that might be Australian Youtube only? (Not sure)...just look up Round the Twist on YT and see if it's there.

haha when i watched that clip the only thing i could remember was that pissing contest, where he pisses up/over a wall.

90s era tv for kids was really messed up, a lot of shows, even the cartoons were like a surrealist acid trip. ( - like The Adventures of Pete and Pete, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Pinky and the Brain, ren and stimpy etc)

i rewatched a few episodes of the odyssey on youtube a few months back because i vaguely remembered it. it's a really strange show and a little disturbing.. i mean who makes a tv show for kids where the main character is in a coma / dying lol ... having said that they could probably make a good remake or movie.

Last edited:
finnished all episodes of "the americans" tv show. ( via amazon prime)

- the show is set in the earily 1980s and follows 2 soviet spies in america. husband and wife + 2 kids.

thought the tv series was great. good acting and interesting sets and locations. the last episode didnt really have any sad or shocking twists at the end but the show ended quite neatly.

i did see the first 2 seasons on tv years ago but the show moved to a subscription channel so i never got to see season3-6. unfortunately the show is leaving amazon prime soon, so i had to binge watch s1-6 in 10 days, i'm glad i did but i kinda feel i need a break from tv now. o_O

i would give the show a solid 8.5/10

Last edited:
I dug up a post of mine from the olde Shenmuedojo forums, about a kids game show called A*MAZING. Now, this was the greatest kids game show ever in my opinion. I always wanted to be on this show when I were a young fella.

Anyway, the clip which I posted on the ye olde forums had quite an unsettling, yet funny, discovery at the 3:30 mark;
I can't quite understand why the producers, or whoever is in charge of the show, would allow the young girls answer for "Would like to meet"...

Last edited:
I dug up a post of mine from the olde Shenmuedojo forums, about a kids game show called A*MAZING. Now, this was the greatest kids game show ever in my opinion. I always wanted to be on this show when I were a young fella.

Anyway, the clip which I posted on the ye olde forums had quite an unsettling, yet funny, discovery at the 3:30 mark;
I can't quite understand why the producers, or whoever is in charge of the show, would allow the young girls answer for "Would like to meet"...
Holy Shit I remember that show! I used to watch it mainly for the fact that they would play the first level of Donkey Kong Country. It was either that or Nigel Mansell's Grand Prix on SNES.

That is...an interesting choice for "Who I'd like to meet..."

Last edited:
I still watch clips from time to time on YT, when they pop up; I still remember entire dialogues of episodes, to this day lol.

I wrote this back a while ago, but I too was raised on this; I think it amounted to something like 260 hours a year, where I watched the Simpsons (that 10+ FULL DAYS a year, of Simpsons) in a 7-10 year span and it was probably more than that! lol

I recently watched the first two episodes of The Bad Batch series on Disney Plus. I think the second episode will be the last episode I watch. While I do not have any issues with the character Omega, I am not too big a fan of child characters especially in a show I was hoping would be darker and gritty. The Mandalorian could get away with it because the dynamic between Din Jarrin and Grogu reminded me of Itto and Daigoro from Kozure Okami or Lone Wolf and Cub.

On the other hand, I have been bitten by a bit of the nostalgia bug so I went to watch a few episodes of the 1985 anime series Dirty Pair. It's just as fun, sexy, stylish, and smart as when I first watched it in the late eighties.

Last edited:
Just letting people know, Castlevania final season (4) ends in a super high note. The first 2 seasons were okay, but after that everything is so freaking amazing, being pacing, action or writing. The highlights of this series for me are the story, better than anything else by far revolving around a videogame property, and the action segments which are top notch, even matching the best coming from Japan itself imo. Highly recommended. I just hope Shenmue The Animation gets this kind of treatment somehow.

Back