What TV shows are you watching?

i saw the last episode of superstore. shame it ended, i quite liked it. not many lighted hearted comedy's on tv at the moment. i liked how we found out who was leaving the severed feet around the store in the end lol.

ive started watching season 4 of snowfall. awesome tv show, high production and great bunch of actors. all episodes are on bbc iplayer, so i'll probably binge watch it.

+ ive set my tv recorder to record season 4 of fargo, so i've got that to look forward to.

I've been binging a whole bunch of Silicon Valley lately. I don't know why it took me so long to get around to this, but I'm now hooked. This show is Mike Judge at his best. I've always been a fan of Mike Judge (huge fan of Idiocracy, Office Space and King of the Hill) but yeah, this might be Judge at his wry best.

Also, I think Gilfoyle might be my spirit animal. I'll put it another way. I'm comfortable in my sexuality, I know my preference mostly lies towards the other sex and I'm comfortable in my sexuality, but I must say, if I were gay? Martin Starr would be at the top of the list ;)

Now that I have Disney Plus, I have been watching Star Wars Clone Wars. It really adds depth to the prequel trilogy. I'll get around to watching The Bad Batch after watching Clone Wars.

I plan on watching Invicible on Amazon Prime soon. But I'm also watching the DC shows on the CW as usual.

wp10230458.jpg

Arcane League of Legends. Don't particularly care for the game and its lore but man, this series is superb. Aside of being one of the best 3D animations I've seen as of today, and I don't really see how it could get better, the story is insanely gripping from beginning til end. Couldn't ask more for the writing and action in quality terms. Must watch.

I’d read about this anime called Gakkou Gurashi or, ‘School Live!’ and decided to try it out last night. Unfortunately the twist had been spoiled for me ahead of time, and I was just hoping to see how long the show went before the reveal until I realized that’s not really the point of it. So I was sort of disappointed it didn’t quite go the way I expected but I do think my idea probably would have made for a worse show overall, especially when I hear the manga was much faster at the revelation.

Incredibly depressing and scary, but also hopeful and overall I enjoyed it. Even so, both it and having recently finished Fatal Frame V have not been good for my paranoia…I know for a fact I don’t believe in anything supernatural or whatever else, but whenever I get these ideas in my head it’s hard not to get spooked walking down dark halls at night and I even sort of barricade the edges of my bed with chairs and stuff. Probably not the safest in the event of actual danger like a fire. I’m 30 now and still afraid of stupid stuff. But I guess the way in which this show does it has me wondering if it’s possible I’d ever be in that kind of psychosis where I’m actively denying anything dangerous around me which scares me even more.

So tonight I’m watching Lucky Star for my first time. Have known about it for quite a while but never got around to it before. So far I’m one episode in and it feels like just the sorta aimlessly cozy funny thing I need to not have nightmares.

So I’d actually finished Lucky Star a bit ago. Kinda just breezed through the whole thing and it was a fun time. I even ended up doing a bit of fanart for it and School Live, though it was a little rushed.FA2DD921-DB73-442A-B6C0-8BD78A055DA9.jpeg
So after that I’d finally decided to try K-On! Really hardly knew anything about it at all aside from a bunch of memes a friend had made about some evil rich strawberry thief among a few other things that I found out were not quite true…though now I’m motivated to make a character based off that idea so I can hopefully invade said friend in Elden Ring…

So anyway, cool thing was finding out it had to do with music. And although it was still generally silly, there was a bit more of a consistent storyline, without being too dark or depressing either. Not that there’s anything wrong with either, but I just really liked the balance here for some reason. And I guess the other thing is this one took me a bit longer to get to the end of…I just watched the final few episodes tonight, but I guess there are a few specials I didn’t realize I missed, plus a movie. The timeline is a bit confusing and I feel it kind of messed up, because I felt the episode where the graduation happens should have just been the end and it had me in tears for sure despite being so lighthearted. But I think I’ll save the rest for tomorrow and the next night.

I’d decided to draw my favorite character shortly after starting this one as well and you can tell I was also pressed for time with this one. Hopefully next time I try it won’t be between work and falling asleep from exhaustion.
32C24752-AA7E-4314-A656-CF3F731E2825.jpeg
I kinda preferred the first opening and credits songs which is a bit disappointing but the others weren’t necessarily bad. Anyway, Mio was pretty cool…I wonder what it says about me that I’ve grown from sort of having my early crushes being impacted by characters like Sailor Mars, to finding someone a bit more reserved and level headed to be cute. Maybe really nothing at all seeing as I still would prefer to have someone else take charge in most kinds of relationships regardless. Ah well.

Edit: something I’d forgot to mention…Mio’s a left handed bassist which is neat on its own but it’s too close to my father which makes it really weird lol

Now I’ve found out the next Jojo part is up on Netflix, so I’ll have to see about getting it. I’m glad to not having to use garbage like crunchyroll again.

Decided to rewatch FLCL for my first time ever since it initially aired on Adult Swim way back. Kind of surprising the details I did remember and those I did not. Overall a good experience but I feel the really big fans kind of oversell it as some masterpiece.

Then I learn that two more seasons were made and somehow I’ve heard nothing about them until now. Neat to have something new to watch but a bit apprehensive about it since I figured the original was so short that it really didn’t have much else to say. It would be like Paranoia Agent getting some unnecessary continuation.

So Progressive felt kind of redundant at first, definitely a bit more lifeless and mundane and relying a bit too much on nostalgia and the set pieces rather than the spirit of the original. I definitely get that much. But at the same time, I do think a lot of it was subversive in ways others don’t seem to have understood. Not everything sticks so well, overall it’s not as good, but I do think it was worth exploring similar themes from the perspective of a nihilist that comes to grip with it actually being her own fears and that growing up won’t be so terrible.

Alternative, on the other hand…I feel like I’m losing my fucking mind seeing people say it’s outright better. I might have agreed had everything past the first episode been different…if, say, the other girls had been decimated or not so friendly or something at least to make it different from every other generic high school teeny bopper drama out there. Maybe K-on spoiled me for characters with depth and chemistry but these feel so bland and stereotypical, where at least the cast in the previous seasons were not always always cooperative or even together half the time. Especially seeing people say Haruko is better here when she is extremely out of character being a reliable mentor to these girls when she’s only ever been chaotic before. Bleh.

I suppose I’m a bit late to the party to discuss any of this, just annoys me is all. Ultimately it doesn’t matter much anyway, I feel each show is separate enough to enjoy as standalone experiences, and I don’t really get when others say a sequel tarnishes something that came before it. Makes no sense.

499E822E-7E31-4DE3-B976-820DDCB0D28A.png

Basically that. A short but compact 6 episode series, seemingly filled to the brim with craziness and often not a lot of room to breath, but somehow it works pretty well. I guess the least I could say it’s something worth experiencing at least once.

I watched season 4 of Cobra Kai. I rate it a badass out of ten. I say if Ryo wants to beat Lan Di, he's going to need to learn the techniques of Eagle Fang, or true American karate.

I watched season 4 of Cobra Kai. I rate it a badass out of ten. I say if Ryo wants to beat Lan Di, he's going to need to learn the techniques of Eagle Fang, or true American karate.
that's on my list to watch this week. i plan to binge watch the whole season.

i finished off witcher season 2 yesterday. i would give it a solid 8.5. same old problem though, once you get to the last episode, you want more. .. hopefully we wont have to wait another 2 years for season 3.

Squid Game and Cobra Kai 4.

Just finished Squid Game right now. Series was fun to watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: red
I finished cobra kai season 4 today.

Great show, very kitch and laugh out loud cringeworthy in places but you totally forgive the show because it's just fun.

I'm looking forward to season 5. 👊

Big Ninja Turtles fan here and I've passed it down to my son. We have been watching the 2012 CG cartoon on Hulu regularly. It's his favorite show. As of today... Hulu has removed it. The look of devastation on his face (he's 5) was worse than those humane society commercials with the cold shaky dogs in cages.

Luckily, the DVDs dropped significantly in price so we picked up a majority of the series for him on the cheap.

Back