What TV shows are you watching?

For those fans of Japan and Yakuza life, I really recommend giving TOKYO VICE a watch. It's such a quality series. It's only loosely based on a memoir of an American living in Japan as a crime journalist, but that's what makes it very entertaining with tons of conspiracies and twists and turns. Very noir with the likes of Ken Watanabe and Rinku Kikuchi on the cast, and Michael Mann as the exec producer and him even helming the very first episode are what made it a must watch for me.

saw the first 2 episodes of star wars obi wan knobi on disney+. i would give it a solid 8.5/10 ( i read it going to be 3 seasons in total).
obi wan, the mandalorian and the book of boba fett really make up for the crap sequel series. imo ep7/8/9 were absolute rubbish and a total waste of time.

i also started the new season of stranger things but finding ep1 really cringeworthy and keep stopping it. something about depictions of fake high schools i hate.

Last edited:
Episode 3 of obi wn was really cool. Looking forward to ep4.

I watched season 4 of stranger things. Great show but they completely rip off nearly every 80s cult classic movie lol. I think the second half of season 4 comes out next month, so that's something to look forward to.

Episode 3 of obi wn was really cool. Looking forward to ep4.

I watched season 4 of stranger things. Great show but they completely rip off nearly every 80s cult classic movie lol. I think the second half of season 4 comes out next month, so that's something to look forward to.
I'm watching Obi-Wan. Really good so far.

I hope the end game makes episode 3 of Obi-Wan make a lot more sense.

I also saw the first 3 episodes to The Boys. One of the most fuckedup shows I have ever watched.

only one more episode of obi-Wan Kenobi to go. :eek: i'm looking forward to seeing how they pull it off.. hopefully it won't be a downer.

i'm currently watching "killing it" and the new season of "The Oreville". killing it is in the same style/humor as Brooklyn Nine-Nine and you can't really go wrong with the Orville.

the only other 2 shows i'm looking forward to is the new season of The umbrella academy (coming this week) and part 2 of stranger things. ( next month).. halo is starting on uk tv this week, so i will probably set that up to record and binge watch it at some point.

Seen the first two episode of Ms. Marvel. I felt like they could've cut a lot of content here and there and make it one episode and it would've been just as effective.

i binged watched the The umbrella academy season 3/ it super wacky but fun and the ideas are original. its a tv show which doesn't take its self too seriously.

part 2 of stranger things on the other hand was a bit cringe in places. they kinda rip off a lot of a tone of 1980s movies/ideas.. the show is fine but it isn't very original. i was kinda hoping we see a time jump for season 5, with these young actors replace with adults.. but i doubt that will happen.

other than that. i bought the first 5 seasons of the sopranos on dvd. so i cant finally get around to watching that. lol

I yes and no saw the ending of better call saul ending the way it was going to, but i was satisfied with it. it reminded us that saul is a bad guy, and the bad guys can't always win, but at least he gets closure.

i am also 6 episodes into sandman on netflix. i read the comics back in junior high and high school, and love how it's recapturing the original aesthetic for modern television.

i completed The sopranos. good show. i'm glad i watched it.

really want to get a hold of a dvd boxset of stargate sg1 now.. i caught quite a few episodes first time around but never saw all the episodes.

the new season of rick and morty starts soon, so that's something to look forward to.

You did well; arguably the best-written show in television history and setup the style and format of such shows as the Wire, Breaking Bad, etc.

Just so long as you don't sympathise with Tony; if you do, then you've missed the whole point of the entire show! :LOL:

Finished watching Sandman along with its bonus episode. I understand why some changes needed to be made, but was very faithful to the original comic in terms of aesthetics and characterization. I love the guy they got to portray Dream/Morpheus, he does a great job of capturing the original character and his growth. I also love Patton Oswalt as Matthew and Mark Hammil as Merv. I just wish it was allowed to be part of the better DC universe, but I can live without it. I also understand why they couldn't use the Tom Ellis version of Lucifer or Matt Ryan's Constantine, as much as I love them, they probably wouldn't have fit this show, especially Ellis' version of Lucifer

You did well; arguably the best-written show in television history and setup the style and format of such shows as the Wire, Breaking Bad, etc.
Exactly, Sopranos along with the rest you cited were game changer in series writing. I would have to go backwards to X Files (Heroes?) to get something in line with its deep knots.

Just so long as you don't sympathise with Tony; if you do, then you've missed the whole point of the entire show! :LOL:
I don't fully disagree here, because I think you meant sympathizing like in a glorifying way... But I think its normal and intended by the showrunners some degree of connecting with Tony.
Like Hannibal Lecter escaping, a part of you wish he manages to escape even if that means death spree. And that's is intentional and the director's job, imo.
Nowadays, I kind of wanted Lalo Salamanca to come closer to Fritz. And I believe he was a monster of course, but also a cool villain.

Yup, you hit the nail on the head, Seaman; glorifying was definitely the angle I was getting at here.

Close to 1005 of EVERYONE I know who has watched the show or quotes it/posts memes, loves Tony and was, "super sad that he might get killed!"

Uh... people, they are CRIMINALS, scum of the Earth assholes who live their entire lives as a facade; how do you not get that from the show's content?

They are anti-villains at best.

nah. the only character I really liked was Salvatore Bonpensiero. i think they killed him off too soon in the series.

i also just watched The many Saints of Newark. which ties in to the Sopranos. the story was ok but i was really impressed by casting. all the actors were believable as the sopranos counterparts.

regarding tv, i've started watching the comedy series resident alien on NOW tv. i like it. it's very funny.

nah. the only character I really liked was Salvatore Bonpensiero. i think they killed him off too soon in the series.

i also just watched The many Saints of Newark. which ties in to the Sopranos. the story was ok but i was really impressed by casting. all the actors were believable as the sopranos counterparts.

regarding tv, i've started watching the comedy series resident alien on NOW tv. i like it. it's very funny.
MSoN was great!

Like many things, longtime fans didn't like it because, "it wasn't what they wanted to see," but it was still done well.

Big Pussy is my favourite character too, though he's also quite despicable.

I am watching "The Doctors" because I think it will help me learn more about MBBS. I suggest this course to all incoming medical students.

Last edited:
Back