Kyo_JP

Today is a Diamond
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown
PSN
ElBidimensional
I have check the forum and looks like we don't have a thread for this topic.

I am currently watching Deadwood, one episode to finish it and the last one I saw (3x11) is one of the finnest pieces of TV fiction I ever saw. Also if you like ensemble cast and character development this one plays o the big leagues alongside Twin Peaks.

Binged Ugly Delicious over the weekend. If they do another season I really hope David Choe makes a cameo again. I loved how weird he was and how frustrated he could make Chang.

Literally just noticed that CNN's miniseries on the 90's is on Netflix so that's gonna be what I watch while I wait for them to upload the new season of Terrace House.

some of the stuff ive been recently watching and follow. i also gave them a rating.

stranger things (8/10)
Elementary (8/10)
The good place (8/10)
South Park (9/10) - back on the air :D
future man (8/10)
walking dead (6/10)
fear the walking dead (6/10)
American dad / Family guy (8/10)
plebs (9/10)
The good cop (7/10)
big bang theory (6/10) - the show started off great but has become really boring. glad there is only one more season.
im also a big fan of superstore (9/10)

i need to binge watch "the Americans" (the americans got pulled from uk tv after the second season :( ) and Pinky blinders eventually.

but if it was up to me, they would bring back Futurama.. dam.. i loved that show.

Last edited:
Could somebody please edit the topic title?

rewatching Spies of Warsaw on Netflix. Slow burning espionage history drama by BBC with David tennant. The anticlimactic nature--of a genre normally overdone with action--really entrances my intrigue. Like the Metal Gear of spy cinema--avoiding loud flashiness whenever possible.

Man in the high castle
Lodge 49 (which ended)
Z nation- I really love this show. Am glad they brought it Back!

Am watching some other shows but I absolutely love these three.

Just done with Castlevania season 2. The writing and pacing are kinda bad in the first half of the season. Besides having not much of importance happening, the characters keep hammering the same lines of dialogue every once in a while. Though I gotta say it was a very interesting take on Dracula's character and his inner world. Now the second half it's absolutely fantastic. The action set pieces are so well made. Beside the tactical like approach, human characters' movements during fights had an almost rotoscoping effect to them. Definitely the best video game adaption to date.

Just done with Castlevania season 2. The writing and pacing are kinda bad in the first half of the season. Besides having not much of importance happening, the characters keep hammering the same lines of dialogue every once in a while. Though I gotta say it was a very interesting take on Dracula's character and his inner world. Now the second half it's absolutely fantastic. The action set pieces are so well made. Beside the tactical like approach, human characters' movements during fights had an almost rotoscoping effect to them. Definitely the best video game adaption to date.
I have to watch Season 2, I like the 1st one but only chapters 1 and 4, 2 and 3 were boring filler. Also I have to finish the Netflix's Sabrina, that is like an Arrowverse teenage horror thing, that is OK for that kind of product. Also watched The Haunting of Hill House, that is pretty great if you are into psychological horror and family dramas.

This morning, I was catching up on BBC's Holby City, I still have another episode to watch then after that I'm catching up on Casualty. I like medical dramas.

I've been slowly making my way through The Haunting Of Hill House which I'm enjoying, and am actually finding to be quite creepy when they don't rely on a cheap jumpscare or a bit of unnecessary CGI to do the heavy lifting for them. It still has some of those problems, and I feel like the sound mixing cheats by turning up the volume and using quick cuts to instinctively make you jump. But as a show, I like it. It's suitably spooky and I'm finding myself caring about all of the characters who each seem to be fleshed out pretty well. Even if I am only two episodes in.

I've also been (slowly again) making my way through Castlevania season 2 as well. It's not bad, despite some dodgy delivery of lines. I can only really name the voice acting as my main complaint about the show. I like that we're spending a bit more time with the characters this season because it means I might actually care what happens about them further towards the end. The show does have an over-reliance on swearing though, which can be a bit jarring. I don't actually care if a show has copious amounts of swearing, but it does just feel a little bit like when a kid learns their first batch of bad words and decides to overuse them to show how mature they are. Still pretty entertaining, though.

After hearing pretty much all of my friends talking about it, I've also been working my way through The Haunting of Hill House (despite not being a massive fan of horror). Only watching one episode at a time though as it's the kind of thing I just can't binge. I'm 4 episodes in now and have fairly mixed feelings about it.

I do like the atmosphere it sets up. Definitely one of the most creepy and unsettling show's I've seen (it even manages to carry that atmosphere through broad daylight scenes which is certainly an achievement). I think the casting is really well done too. The adults definitely look and act like the grown up versions of the children; it's extremely convincing. The show also does a good job at fleshing them out and making them feel unique with their own quirks.

As mentioned in the post above me though, I feel like the show relies a little too much on jumpscares and smash cuts. It's a horror show, so obviously I don't expect it to be completely devoid of them, but I've noticed a trend of 'if it has a face, it'll probably go a bit CGI deformed and scream at you for no real reason'. And the whole thing of setting up a tense scene and preparing the viewer for a jumpscare only to smash cut to a loud noise from a completely different scene is way too overused. It works in some scenes where context is provided, but random instances of the trick happen far too often. I guess they don't really count as jumpscares, but they serve the same purpose. I just feel that the show should be more confident in the masterfully crafted atmosphere it creates to portray the horror and not fall back so much on these almost cheap feeling tricks.

That being said though, I still think the show is extremely well done. Despite me usually keeping away from horror entirely, it's got me hooked and I want to keep watching to see what happens. There's a huge amount of character development and a really interesting story unfolding. Will definitely be seeing this one through to the end.

I just finished all of Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia (except for the new season), I’ve been rewatching Yu Yu Hakusho lately since i haven’t seen it in 10+ years.

I'm Getting ready to Rewatch the Venture bros again season 7 was amazing!

also Re-watching through Southpark

and I watched the first episode of Titans when it first came out and didn't like it but now that more are out I might binge watch it to to get a better feel for the show.

Not sure if this will be everyone's cup of tea, but I've been watching a Korean drama on Netflix called "Kingdom" which I would recommend if you like a bit of horror in your period dramas. So just mix a political historical drama with some zombies and then throw in the kind of scope that Korea often puts into their productions and you've likely got a good idea of what you're in for. It's only six episodes so far as well, so definitely worth a look if you're stuck for something to watch!

That was just recently recommended to me. I'll watch it now.

a few weeks back i binged watched all the seasons of peaky blinders. some of the action scenes were bad but the acting was top notch.

For any fans of the original Karate Kid movies; the new YouTube series 'Cobra Kai' is amazing. It stays true to the world that existed in the movies whilst bringing it into the modern day. Really funny too.

Last edited:
Back