What would you do for the ultimate Shenmue experience?

Hypothetical scenario

You get a complete remake of the original Shenmue games. The graphics will be the best the industry has to offer, runs at 4k and 60fps. It will have a familiar but well refined combat system, additional side quest, character development quest and will be filled with easter eggs and ridiculous details.

You will also get the remaining Shenmue installments, no cuts, and the experience is guaranteed to be at least as magical as the first time you played Shenmue.

The games will be released over a 10 year period. The only catch is you won't be able play ANY other video game during that time. Would you take up the offer?

That would be the correct time line XD. It would be very hard, but Shenmue deserves it.

It's tough to say...if it meant playing no NEW games (but re-releases/remasters were fine), then i'd probably say yes.

If not...well thank God i'm as passionate about cinema as I am about Shenmue is all i'm saying. Or i'd need to take up a new hobby!

Hypothetical scenario

You get a complete remake of the original Shenmue games. The graphics will be the best the industry has to offer, runs at 4k and 60fps. It will have a familiar but well refined combat system, additional side quest, character development quest and will be filled with easter eggs and ridiculous details.

You will also get the remaining Shenmue installments, no cuts, and the experience is guaranteed to be at least as magical as the first time you played Shenmue.

The games will be released over a 10 year period. The only catch is you won't be able play ANY other video game during that time. Would you take up the offer?
I don't know it's a really hard choice. I have to think a little more before choosing.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

No other game? Shenmue's good, but it's not that good.

Well, seeing as a few people on here have agreed to your conditions, thereby guaranteeing the remakes, I will thank them for their sacrifice, play whatever I please, and enjoy the remakes as they are released onto their respective platforms.

Did I just find a loophole? :p

Yeah, I'm with @ShenGCH.

Thanks guys. I'll make sure to play Kotor Remake & Spider-Man 2 in honour of your sacrifice.

For me that would pretty much be like not giving up anything at all, so yeah. Absolutely. Would do that in a heartbeat. If you told me I couldn’t play anything released before 2006, though. that could take me a day or two to think about.

Back