When do you think we will see a trailer?

When does the first trailer drop?

• Later this year

• Spring/summer 2022

• Fall/winter 2022

• Early mid 2023

• Late 2023

• 2024 and beyond

Results are only viewable after voting.
Favourite title
Shenmue
PSN
Jrockstr
The title says it all. I can see it coming out summer of next year for a release in the fall or winter. I can also see no footage til 2023 because of production issues

The Crunchyroll Expo is coming up this August. I think there's a decent chance we might see something there if I had to guess.

The Crunchyroll Expo is coming up this August. I think there's a decent chance we might see something there if I had to guess.
Awesome! I didn't know that it's definitely a real possibility.

I’d like to think we’ll see something soon as we’re fast approaching the one year anniversary of the initial announcement. That said, I voted for the beginning of next year as the way they’ve handled this so far suggests to me that there’s no real strategy in place when it comes to announcements and such.

I'm choosing to believe there's a chance for the expo later this year and that they're just taking a less is more approach to previews/info to avoid early judgement. If not, early 2022 would be my second guess. I have faith in this project.

I'm choosing to believe there's a chance for the expo later this year and that they're just taking a less is more approach to previews/info to avoid early judgement. If not, early 2022 would be my second guess. I have faith in this project.
I hope that you’re right, but an early announcement usually lends itself to slow drip marketing rather than sudden burst. Personally, I think the latter was always the way to go given the current status of the series, which is why I’m so baffled that they decided to pull the trigger when they did.

I did wonder whether the early announcement may have had something to do with Yu and Cedric pitching S4 to prospective developers, but I’d have thought that they could have still told potential publishers about the anime even if it hadn’t already been announced. If anything, the lukewarm response to the announcement and the lack of news since is probably hindering their chances of striking a deal rather than helping.

Woah that's fantastic. Hell yes way sooner than what I expected! Is it August yet? Let's fucking go!

I can never complete the game "The world ends with you" because my NDS did not work well, so I watched the anime and in my opinion was cool, surely the game is better, but watching what the creators done, put the anime and just the day of the last episode, take out the sequel, I think that would work with Shenmue very well. Take out the anime and in the last episode day take out Shenmue IV.

I'm very interested in when we'll see it next even moreso now with that tidbit of info. We could see a trailer in August at the Crunchyroll expo but that may be too soon. Though it would be the place to show it with the most eyeballs on it. I assume when we do see it, it'll be a 2-3 minute trailer with the date at the end. When does everyone think the air date is January or spring next year?

I'm very interested in when we'll see it next even moreso now with that tidbit of info. We could see a trailer in August at the Crunchyroll expo but that may be too soon. Though it would be the place to show it with the most eyeballs on it. I assume when we do see it, it'll be a 2-3 minute trailer with the date at the end. When does everyone think the air date is January or spring next year?
I'm thinking Q1, Jan-Feb next year

I'm thinking January and February as well. It just makes the most sense especially if they have an air date in mind then it has to be somewhat soon. I wonder if they'll time a Shenmue IV announcement at some point during the anime's run possibly towards the end in the spring?

the anime is definitely one of the final indicators of the series’ future, IMO. any kind of success will definitely make shenmue 4 that much more likely. I guess that goes without saying.

the anime is definitely one of the final indicators of the series’ future, IMO. any kind of success will definitely make shenmue 4 that much more likely. I guess that goes without saying.
Definitely feels that way. Also, Yu Suzuki isn't getting any younger, he's in his 60's now. How much longer can he keep working in this industry? If we hear nothing of Shenmue 4 in the next year or two, then I think it's over sadly.........at least as a game.

I would really hate the story to be concluded as an anime, but that is what I feel they are setting themselves up for if they can't create a 4th game.

Back