When will we hear an announcement?

Revan

Excuse me...gorgeous
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Uncharted 4
When do you guys think we might hear news of Shenmue IV's development?

Magic Monaco 2020? E3 2020? Next November (Steam launch of Shenmue 3)? Even later than that?!

2021 sounds reasonable. Shenmue III needs to hit an anticipated sales figure first to make Shenmue 4 feasible

Somewhere close to the launch of the PS5. Hate to say it but the PC fanbase almost killed the Shenmue series with that Epic Games store nonsense. I know Shenmue IV will probably be on PC. But it would be great if we could sidestep all that drama by Shenmue IV being exclusive to PS5 only.

I have a more worrisome question, if 3 really did flop will we even hear Suzuki tell us 4's not happening, or are we just gonna get an uncerimoniously abrupt announcement of like a manga or something a year or 2 down the line.

Somewhere close to the launch of the PS5. Hate to say it but the PC fanbase almost killed the Shenmue series with that Epic Games store nonsense. I know Shenmue IV will probably be on PC. But it would be great if we could sidestep all that drama by Shenmue IV being exclusive to PS5 only.
In what possible way is a game thats potentially not going good even on ps4 gonna get by further limiting its sales reach by not being on pc.

I have a more worrisome question, if 3 really did flop will we even hear Suzuki tell us 4's not happening, or are we just gonna get an uncerimoniously abrupt announcement of like a manga or something a year or 2 down the line.

In what possible way is a game thats potentially not going good even on ps4 gonna get by further limiting its sales reach by not being on pc.

Because the PC fanbase is the one who spent months trying to tear the game apart. From what I can see, console gamers was just happy to get the game and play. But if sales are sales, then the more platforms it's on the merrier.

Back