Where U think the source of Haters originated from???

I don’t get the issue with fighting Lan-di at the end. I liked it, especially because you couldn’t lay a finger on him. People are entitled to have their criticisms and fair play to them, but I genuinely struggle to see some of them from their point of view. Beating mr muscles being the end vs being humiliated by LD? Don’t think so man. What did it butcher to get there?

Thank you. I was on the dojo from 2003 until the new forum. I came back to share my sentiments of how bad shenmue 3 turned out, but I got lamented for being a troll by people who I never saw before.

And also can people stop using the budget as an excuse? The budget was 12 million dollars as has been confirmed by Suzuki. That is 3x less than the Witcher 3 which had amazing voice actors and their own built engine and I don't have to remind anyone how amazing that game was!

The budget is no excuse for the sorry excuse of a story and characters we got here.

Witcher came out a while ago and since then games have become far more expensive to create from just politics and fees alone.

Research Gears of War 5's budget also made in 2019. Now that game is a steaming pile of shit that was almost unplayable at launch and is up for awards at the game awards show if I'm not mistaken.

It really isn't. It's like bemoaning Nike for using sweatshop factories in China to manufacture their goods.

This is also an issue that's talked about amongst modellers, as contracts are difficult to secure due to the cheaper rate that artists (predominantly) from India will quote.
The type of stereotyping isn't welcomed full stop. Especially not to make a point.

He said 7 and didn't go lower, so stop misconstruing to fit your agenda.

And you mean to tell me that a 5 course meal is outstanding, save for the dessert and you condemn the entire thing as a result?

EDIT: you actually didn't say outstanding, I take that back. Point still stands though.

Yet another case of shitting on the game because you don't like 1 aspect of it. You people man...

I just checked the rapid fire video again, maybe you should too, before mentioning my "agenda". And that was a kind of joke comment from me, but you had to jump the gun.

About the 5 course meal, you kinda edited your comment, but like I said, I was overlooking a lot of not so great stuff, and I honestly enjoyed the game. But after the ending, I'm not even sure how I feel, disrespected would be close, because here we are, after almost 20 years of wanting the game to be done good and advance the plot, they sure advance it in the last 30mins, but it's like "there you go, you have a castle area and you face lan Di".

Isn't one of arguments made by fans that the journey is more important than the destination? The way the game ended is like "you don't need to go to other locations, lan Di is just across the river at swimming distance."

I will try not to respond anymore to this topic, I finished the game recently and it's still burning and clearly there are people that take no issue with it. But also don't have that attitude with people that have serious problems with the game "just because I don't like 1 aspect of it".

Peace

I just checked the rapid fire video again, maybe you should too, before mentioning my "agenda". And that was a kind of joke comment from me, but you had to jump the gun.

About the 5 course meal, you kinda edited your comment, but like I said, I was overlooking a lot of not so great stuff, and I honestly enjoyed the game. But after the ending, I'm not even sure how I feel, disrespected would be close, because here we are, after almost 20 years of wanting the game to be done good and advance the plot, they sure advance it in the last 30mins, but it's like "there you go, you have a castle area and you face lan Di".

Isn't one of arguments made by fans that the journey is more important than the destination? The way the game ended is like "you don't need to go to other locations, lan Di is just across the river at swimming distance."

I will try not to respond anymore to this topic, I finished the game recently and it's still burning and clearly there are people that take no issue with it. But also don't have that attitude with people that have serious problems with the game "just because I don't like 1 aspect of it".

Peace

"Disrespected?" Why? Because you didn't like it?

I keep harping on the same points, but that's all it is: you don't agree with the direction taken; in other words, you didn't like it.

That doesn't make it bad, nor should you feel, "disrespected." That smacks of you being too emotional and, dare I say it (I use it lightly, but...), feeling entitled.

I don't know what more I can say; because the game disagrees with what YOU would've done, has absolutely no bearing on whether the thing is done well/properly/etc. or not.

And don't take it personally; I'm sure YS Net purposely made the game to piss you off and, "disrespect," you :cautious:

I keep harping on the same points, but that's all it is: you don't agree with the direction taken; in other words, you didn't like it.

That doesn't make it bad, nor should you feel, "disrespected." That smacks of you being too emotional and, dare I say it (I use it lightly, but...), feeling entitled.

I don't know what more I can say; because the game disagrees with what YOU would've done, has absolutely no bearing on whether the thing is done well/properly/etc. or not.

And don't take it personally; I'm sure YS Net purposely made the game to piss you off and, "disrespect," you :cautious:
I mean people (including myself) said a million times to Yu, over and over again, that we just want him to make the game that HE wants to make.

Man, that attitude again. Are you going to address the issues I have with the game, or are you just gonna direct it to me and "my entitlement"? Im not sure who's "emotional" here

About liking it or not, you are right, that is a matter of opinion. For instance, i dont like the Shenhua interrogation scene, and that is my opinion. But about being good or bad, done properly or not, it absolutely isnt opinion. There's bad and good pacing, there's good or almost inexistent character development, and in this game, in Ryo's case it even regressed...
I can give you a rundown of the "bad" (or you could read a lot of the constructive criticism from a lot of users here), but i think you're not really interested in discussing it

@Dietsoap just said almost everyone, me included, wnated Yu to make the game he wants. Of course i still stand by it. But this game objectively isnt it. A lot of content was cut. Even the character perspective Yu wanted to include and I was hoping to turn out alright was scrapped (and a lot of fans even on this forum said it wouldnt really be "Shenmue" beacuse its supposed to be Ryo's journey. Probably the same people that say Yu should make the game he wants, but thats me rambling)

And im sorry im a bit invested in the series. Crazy huh?

there's good or almost inexistent character development, and in this game, in Ryo's case it even regressed...

You might not have liked the game, but this is false. There's actually more character development for Ryo (and Shenhua) in Bailu alone than both Shenmue 1 & 2 combined. It's only in S3 that I got to know more about Ryo's childhood, his and her ambitions in life, why he keeps wearing that same leather jacket all the time, what home is really to him, the "nature" of Shenhua's supernatural powers, whether he is interested in the Mirrors' treasure at all, among other myriad of these characters' insights.

This comment is stereotyping and board line stepping in to racist territory. While I'm sure not intentional this kind of post isn't welcome here. You can make your point without going down that path.
Referring to quality control issues related to outsourcing isn't "border line racist." Whether it's accurate or not don't pretend you don't know what he meant to exercise some form of moral superiority or create drama where it doesn't need to exist.

They had $7 million to
Referring to quality control issues related to outsourcing isn't "border line racist." Whether it's accurate or not don't pretend you don't know what he meant to exercise some form of moral superiority or create drama where it doesn't need to exist.
lakshya worked on gears 5 and borderlands 3 the same year they worked on Shenmue 3. Indian artists have nothing to do with the “quality control” of the game. Nice try.

the coding stuff was almost entirely Japanese.

No, I don’t get it now. The same company this work was outsourced to has worked on much higher profile games. They have nothing to do with Shenmue’s quality or lack thereof. The statement that the coders are or were Indian is completely false. The credits are online for your review. Even if they were, so what? The company that was hired has so many quality credits to their name that pointing out they’re Indian doesn’t seem like a particularly well intentioned argument.

No, I don’t get it now. The same company this work was outsourced to has worked on much higher profile games. They have nothing to do with Shenmue’s quality or lack thereof.
I'm not arguing that. Read it again. Understand now or are you going to continue with the back and forth with someone who isn't participating?

You might not have liked the game, but this is false. There's actually more character development for Ryo (and Shenhua) in Bailu alone than both Shenmue 1 & 2 combined. It's only in S3 that I got to know more about Ryo's childhood, his and her ambitions in life, why he keeps wearing that same leather jacket all the time, what home is really to him, the "nature" of Shenhua's supernatural powers, whether he is interested in the Mirrors' treasure at all, among other myriad of these characters' insights.

You're right. I guess I was only thinking about the martial arts aspect of the hurdles he overcame before, and in this game he has trouble with 1 goon and 1 leader that doesn't seem relevant in the grand scheme (and characters like the maiden that I feel were not fleshed out enoughf)

I will digest it a few more days, and then have a 2nd playthrough. Maybe you guys are right and I'm being very critical of the game (like I said, it's the ending that soured it for me). Hopefully I see things in a better light

Last edited:
This is something that I really enjoyed about the game. You get to learn a lot about Ryo as a person and it makes him feel more human.

Outsourcing is a real issue. There's nothing racist or stereotyping being discussed. Until it gets to that point you're mischaracterizing his or her statements and that's a dishonest way of conducting yourself.
Nah read the tone of post. Why not say something more succinct or appropriate.

Anyway backseat moderating isn't happening either consider that a warning.

I'm not arguing that. Read it again. Understand now or are you going to continue with the back and forth with someone who isn't participating?
Since I am clearly slower than you, is your issue that they had to outsource at all? Well I’m not sure how they could make the game of your dreams with $7 million and use a completely Japanese staff so I’m still not really getting your point as it relates to Shenmue 3.

Back